Strangers - Do the team ever talk to each other?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reporter69 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:54 am

The problem is not about fingers or language. The problem is with Rafa.

Stop everyting your doing and think for a minute - Peter Crouch, 7M leading the line for England and Liverpool ------ hardly!!

They guy is not a footballer. His only advantage is his height, when was the last time you saw him score a header? When ? can you remember?

He had half a good season with a side that got relegated. Sven too has been fooled and is testing him out. Nothing against Peter, he is an OK player - but thats all. He isnt quality, he doesnt have a strike, he has thin fragile feet which cannot generate power and can get easily injured. He has been poor in the air and I cant remember the last time he scored a header and he cant really come back and defend either - something thats expected in the 4-5-1.

Josemi? cammon .. i shouldnt even say anythign about him.

Fernando - as good a player as he was he will not score in the PL. You give him 5 pre-seasons and match time and he still wont score enough - thats a gurantee. HE has no service, and the English game is too fast and physical for him. He has lost his class, touch and technique.

Garcia is not even 2% of the player he was last season. Id say he is amongst the 5 poorest players in the PL so far this season. Useless.

Kewell? If he makes his mind up on weather he wants to cross or run with the ball then he might be able to create something, otherwise he is a waste as usuall.

if Cisse put in half as much heart into the game as he does for his hair do he would score goals.

Gerrard Xabi Carra Sissoko Finnan Risse are all solid - but rafa has failed to use them to their potential this season and although the defensive record looks good on paper the team is in shambles.

Jan is the only chance for him to turn things around, if he doesnt get a striker, winger, defender and full back then i dont see him doing any better in the PL .
Reporter69

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:31 pm

Has anyone noticed the sudden influx of newbies when we have played badly? Where are they when we are playing well?
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:23 pm

Reporter69 wrote:Last year Rafa took the FA cup lightly by fielding a weak side and was knocked out, this season when he knows his only chances of silverware are the FA and Carling cup he has not taken it seriously and has failed.

You are trying to be funny right?  On paper it looked like a pretty reasonable team to me.  Rafa can't play his first 11 week in and week out, (whatever his first 11 is!) and if he is going to test his youngsters then the Carling Cup sounds like a reasonable enough place to do it.

In hindsight we can say 'why didn't he pick this player' or 'this guy obviously isn't good enough', but a weaker team took us to the final (yes, with some luck along the way) last year.

Did he get it wrong.  Maybe.  Did he fail to take it seriously?  Of course not.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:08 am

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:Has anyone noticed the sudden influx of newbies when we have played badly? Where are they when we are playing well?

I'm pretty sure most of them Hustler. I'm convinced that he is having conversations with himself in several threads, i.e. making up a conversation with alter egos, kindaconfused style.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:58 am

The problem with the team is that they're not playin as a friggin' team. When ure talkin about individual skills I believe that our scouts are not as dumb as u might think  when they chose those men.
We have good strike forces (morientes, cisse, crouch) But are they getting the "right" feedings from the mid fielders? They just do not communicate to each other. That is the friggin' problem. When u see arsenal, they are interconnected to one another.  Very fluid, lethal and effective. They know where when and how to get the job done. How they did it?
Simple, it was the fans who gave arsene wenger more time and they believed in him though at the expense of our englishmen but who gives a damn? I don't care if they win or lose some games but I just love the way they play.
Come on lads, we have a decent team here (minus traore, josemi). Just give the gaffer some more time.  U can't expect things to turn around by a push of a button. We do not have the same spending power as both Real Madrid and Sh*tski. We do not even inherit a mighty team from the previous gaffer either.
Be as sh*tty as this season may be but I believe our boys will be back sooner or later. Count on it!! :blues:

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby akumaface » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:31 am

This problem of communication was brought up last year as well. It seems they all look like stranger to each other. But I think there are also the question of players selection in which not just puzzle the fans but also the players themselves. How would you feel if you are Riise in which you had your best season last year but started on the bench this year? ???? Even Hamann had started less game. Garcia is playing right most of the time rather playing behind the striker, would they be happy??? I guess not.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:37 am

LFC #1 wrote:
wrighty (not mark!) wrote:Has anyone noticed the sudden influx of newbies when we have played badly? Where are they when we are playing well?

I'm pretty sure most of them Hustler. I'm convinced that he is having conversations with himself in several threads, i.e. making up a conversation with alter egos, kindaconfused style.

:laugh:  :laugh:
So hes a proper schizophrenic our hus
66-1120597113

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion