Management - Half-time team-talk

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:51 pm

There was something strange,that happened last Thursday,which I would like to comment on.
        Half-time whistle blows and the score is Marseille 1 Liverpool 1;more importantly we have just had a player sent-off and we are down to 10 men.How and what is the manager Gerard Houllier going to say to his troops to rally them,re-organise them and generally lift them for the next 45 crucial minutes.............Any manager worth his salt would be in the dressing-room talking to the lads,giving the final instructions,detailing the game-plan..you know G-ing up the lads.Our manager,where was he?.....well of course!....he's in the Channel 5 T.V. van watching replays of the sending off and penalty decision so he can get his bloody excuse sorted.I say there is a time and place for everything but half-time at such a crucial point in the match is not the time for watching telly when your a football manager.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Woollyback » Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:56 pm

He's regressing back to his teaching days where he could sneak off to the staff room for a good whinge whenever he'd had a s##t lesson
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:59 pm

What's the source of this comment? (not that I don't believe it) A change just to fill the players with confidence would have been a start, but Houllier just left a void where Biscan had been. I'd have taken off Murphy and brought on Henchoz if only to add stability to the formation and leave Gerrard free from too many defensive duties. I guess the players, like the fans, knew the game was up once Biscan was dismissed. We had been the better side for nearly 135 mins up until then, never behind until after the red card
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:02 pm

I also saw Houllier sneak off to watch the tv replays of it at half time and thought this.
But I think there was enough time to do that and speak to the players also.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:03 pm

The source of the comment,is that it was shown live on Channel 5 last Thursday.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:08 pm

another excuse to have a go at Houllier.

Its getting rather petty. How long was he in there for??

30 seconds? You really think that would make a difference??

Maybe he was looking at that so he decide what to say to Biscan and also possibly use it to motivate the players.

You can speculate all you like but the fact is you know f##k all about what happens at half time in that dressing room. Stop being an idiot and making everything the man does an issue.

Just lay off its getting extremely repetative.
115-1073096938

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:11 pm

supersub wrote:The source of the comment,is that it was shown live on Channel 5 last Thursday.

Must admit an allergy to TV stations with adverts and switch channels upon the whistle. C4 advertising their programmes at the start and end of commercial breaks is very annoying.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:16 pm

I also would have brought on Henchoz for Murphy who was having a stinker however, for once Houllier on this occasion it seems, was trying to be positive so i won't jump on him for that. Leaving it 3 at the back back-fired because we could not keep posession of the ball for any real duration. We needed to take the pace out of the game but are not really a team that can do that these days.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:35 pm

stu_the_red wrote:another excuse to have a go at Houllier.

Its getting rather petty. How long was he in there for??

30 seconds? You really think that would make a difference??

Maybe he was looking at that so he decide what to say to Biscan and also possibly use it to motivate the players.

You can speculate all you like but the fact is you know f##k all about what happens at half time in that dressing room. Stop being an idiot and making everything the man does an issue.

Just lay off its getting extremely repetative.

I'd say getting your team sorted for the 2nd half is more important but you and GH obviously believe finding excuses the main priority.
             The ones who don't care never feel hurt.The ones who always make excuses shall never gain respect.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion