Talk sense - Lets hear your views about our team

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby onizukaeikichi » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:32 pm

garcia is good as a supersub last season and kewell is getting better and i like that fella, zenden's performance when he play for us is great so far until his injuiries kept him out
onizukaeikichi

Postby Billy_5_Times » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:34 pm

My main reason for Zneden out is because he is recieving over 40 grand a week for nothing. He is going to be used as a centre mid we're told, but surely Stevie, Xabi and Momo are the 1st choice mids so where does Zenden fit in. He is only a back-up player.
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby redmikey » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:36 pm

WIND UP ALERT...........:angry:
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby DonnieDarko » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:43 pm

I think Luis is a great player especially coming off the bench. I don't think I would put him in the starting Line up but I would bring him off the bench in just about every game for 35 minutes.
DonnieDarko

Postby GOAT » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:43 pm

Billy_5_Times wrote:My main reason for Zneden out is because he is recieving over 40 grand a week for nothing. He is going to be used as a centre mid we're told, but surely Stevie, Xabi and Momo are the 1st choice mids so where does Zenden fit in. He is only a back-up player.

Yeah cos we dont need backup players do we..lets get rid of all our players outside the first 11 shall we..your either mentally challenged or this is a wind up..why werent you strangled at birth?
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby cptrios » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:45 pm

Of the players mentioned by Billy, it is only Kewell who, despite his massive improements last season, had let us down IMHO in big matches. He i on such huge wages that he should be delivering consistently this season or we should ship him out if a decent offer comes.

I agree. Still, you can't deny that he's been putting in a whole lot more of an effort since his fiasco in the CL final, and he seems to earnestly want to prove himself to the fans. If he can continue to improve, and, most of all, keep his heart in the game, I think he deserves a place in the team, if only on the bench. He would be, after all, the only one of Houllier's transfer screwups to "make good." Of course, if he keeps slipping up half the time, get him the hell out of here.

And I'll second calling bullsh@t on the foreign fan thing. We're not all lucky enough to have been born in the UK. And especially for people like Azriahmad and I (you're Thai, right?), our football lives would be pretty awful if we were confined to supporting our domestic clubs. Although the prospect of a Real Salt Lake-Rantana Bundit megamatch is enough to make my mouth water :D.

Plus, I wouldn't begrudge any of you being Red Sox fans. (Not that you would be...baseball gets exponentially more boring the older I become.)
cptrios

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:56 pm

This thread is either a wind-up or the making of somebody who has an extremely limited appreciation of the game of football. If we assume for a second it's the latter, I would invite the topic starter to compare and contrast Garcia's goalscoring record for a midfield player with pretty much anybody in the Premiership except for Gerrard and Lampard.
FWIW I largely agree with him about Zenden's ability to contribute to the team but to base any judgement at all on his appearances in a Liverpool shirt when he has hardly played and is now returning from long-term injury is patently absurd. His wages are an irrelavence as far as this thread is concerned.
As for Kewell the one good game in five is a withered old chestnut. He had a good season last term and had some big performances in big games. Whether or not he should be sold for the right price is another discussion but to describe him as deadwood when we have a reserve team positively bursting at the seams with such misfits is just plain daft.
Like I said at the start, our friend Billy is either lacking in knowledge or on a wind-up. On balance, my money is on the latter.
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:03 pm

billy talks total bullshyt !
Kewell is even better than mark gonzales if he can regain his form and condition next season
Garcia is one of the best second strikers in the world and the fact that we at liverpool have played him at right wing definetely affected his game....at times...he looked brilliant and was easily our best man in the field...the only thing i hold against him is that he loses the ball often when at the right flank...tries tricks when he should be looking for a pass ! besides that...i think he should start if we dont get a second striker to play alongside bellamy or crouch because he is an important part of the squad and does add alot when played behind a sole striker !
Zenden missed last season because of injury...a couple of seasons ago..he played at center midfield with middles. and was simply brilliant.... the fact that he uses his left foot and plays in center midfield adds alot to his game...+ playing gerrard and alonso and sissoko...he's our only backup for CenterMidfield....i thought we would add another since we lost hamann  but since we did'nt....no freaggin way we can afford to lose him too !
TALK SENSE BILLY !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:49 pm

Other people have already replied and said what needs saying.
All i would add is that our squad imo is in terrific shape with options all over the pitch. We will need the majority of the players in the squad because with the amount of games we play and the obvious injuries and suspensions we will have then having quality back up is vital.
By the way Luis Garcia is NOT a right winger, he played out of position at times last season to do a job for the team.
He is a second striker or an attacking midfielder, and a fantastic player, he can frustrate trying silly flicks, but he can also score outstanding goals in big game matches.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:50 pm

I don't think this kid's smart enough to be on a wind-up, TBH.  Utterly clueless in every post to date and not worth debating really.  No worries, he'll get bored with this message board lark in about a fortnight and join the illustrious ranks of Kingycrouch, Pur3raver, Raiden Warr as newkit 'bright lights' who burned out quickly and faded away (none) too soon! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:58 pm

The first thing I did after reading the starting of the thread was check the date. To my amazement, this thread was started today. I thought it would have been a thread from the same time last season.
Last edited by MilitiaRusher on Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:04 am

not one player at liverpool is rubbish (except traore , no offence mate) otherwise they wudnt be at liverpool :;):
Kopite-Jud

Postby Liverpool_In_My_Blood » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:10 am

Kopite-Jud wrote:not one player at liverpool is rubbish (except traore , no offence mate) otherwise they wudnt be at liverpool :;):

I know what you're saying but lets not forget, just because you're at Liverpool doesn't mean you're not rubbish. There are plenty of people throughout the years who have been rubbish and have put the Liverpool shirt on.
people say laughing is the best remody for illness and that is why Evertonians never get sick
Liverpool_In_My_Blood

Postby weringo » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:34 am

azriahmad wrote:Of the players mentioned by Billy, it is only Kewell who, despite his massive improements last season, had let us down IMHO in big matches. He i on such huge wages that he should be delivering consistently this season or we should ship him out if a decent offer comes.

I think you are being harsh on Kewell. The two finals he failed to perform in ie. the Champions League final and the FA Cup final he was clearly injured in and probably shouldn't have been playing in at the start.

In the Tottenham game this season at Anfield he won the game for us with his wonder volley and in the Chelsea FA cup semi final he ran the show. Next season I think we will see an even bigger improvement from Kewell with the competition from Gonzales and he will hopefully regained a bit of pace that he lacked last season.
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby Liverpool_In_My_Blood » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:52 am

weringo wrote:
azriahmad wrote:Of the players mentioned by Billy, it is only Kewell who, despite his massive improements last season, had let us down IMHO in big matches. He i on such huge wages that he should be delivering consistently this season or we should ship him out if a decent offer comes.

I think you are being harsh on Kewell. The two finals he failed to perform in ie. the Champions League final and the FA Cup final he was clearly injured in and probably shouldn't have been playing in at the start.

In the Tottenham game this season at Anfield he won the game for us with his wonder volley and in the Chelsea FA cup semi final he ran the show. Next season I think we will see an even bigger improvement from Kewell with the competition from Gonzales and he will hopefully regained a bit of pace that he lacked last season.

I am one of these people who likes to give a player a go.

Now when I hear people praising Kewell, I think were these the same people slaughtering him a few years back. I didn't slaughter him straight away, but now I have lost patiance with him now, sorry to say it but I think he should go. We all know he has the ability. He showed us that in the first half of his 1st season but now his chances have run out.

I think he is a good player but no consistant enough. The game against Chelsea he was brilliant, looked as good as he did for Leeds, but then in the cup final he was useless again. And he wasn't injured at the start. He picked up an injury running out the tunnel at the start of the second half. So Harry has to go. Not until next year mind you. If he can play at a consistantly good level throughout next year, I'll hold me hands up and say fair play to him. And by consistant I don't match winning performances every game but at least 3 decent performances in 5. If he isn't doing that at the start I think he has to go in the January transfer window.
Last edited by Liverpool_In_My_Blood on Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
people say laughing is the best remody for illness and that is why Evertonians never get sick
Liverpool_In_My_Blood

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion