Talk sense - Lets hear your views about our team

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:34 pm

Yea...thats what i was thinking...
Gerrard, Sissoko, Alonso + kewell/Gonzales.
or... Gerrard, Sissoko, Alonso + Penant + Luis garcia as a second striker playing more on the left flank !
that would do too.. with bellamy or crouch upfront....i'd like that ! too many options in midfield....
4-4-2 or 4-5-1 ?! with the strikers we have now....dont see much difference !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby last warrior » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:54 pm

:blues: I have not been too impressed by this seasons transfer activity, we have signed Bellamy and Pennant both players with baggage that are a real risk to team spirit.   I agree both could be match winners on their day but they also can be a great liability.  Any team wanting to win the Premiership will (in my humble opinion require a world class striker)  Chelsea have Shevchenko, Man U have Rooney, Arsenal have Henry.

Who do we have ?
Fowler -  Best years are behind him (great years they were)
Crouch - Good striker but not in the same league as an Henry
Bellamy - Never lasted too long at any one club
Garcia - Frustrating
FSP - Never going to make the grade in my opinion.

I think this year we will continue to make progress and hopefully will manage to qualify for the Champions League again.  Anything above 3rd will be an improvement.  Hoping for the best.

However one final point is that we are competing with teams that will have more financial muscle than us at present and I am not talking about chelsea.  Man u and Arsenal also have bigger stadiums then ours.

Then again we have Gerrard and if Greece can win the Euro Championships then anythings possible.  Bring on the new season !

Come on you REDS !!!
last warrior

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion