Talk sense - Lets hear your views about our team

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Billy_5_Times » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:55 pm

I think we have a good starting 11 and one of the best benches in the League, but there is still the deadwood there.

On the wings is the real problem. Kewell and Zenden down the left, God help us and Garcia on the right is useless.

Garcia scores fair enough, but surely we can sign someone or have someone at the squad who can score but do more as well. He can't pass, tackle, has no pace, can't control and when he does control it he has to do a flick, and they hardly come off.

Kewell is one good game in 5 and Zenden didn't impress last year what I did see of him.

As well as other players they are the 3 I want out first.

What about you? Who do you want out? Real fans only please.
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby Sabre » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:05 pm

Real fans?

Even a lower-foreign fan like me knows that we've signed up Gonzalez for the left and Pennant on the Right, so we shouldn't have troubles on the wings at all.

You underrate Luis Garcia so much, it's pointless to discuss about him with you.  :no
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:06 pm

Real Madrid fans?

Are you seriously asking what 3 players we want gone before a ball has been kicked in the season?
You want kewell garcia and zenden gone?
i cant wait til leon sees this thread :laugh:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:07 pm

um..we have the best team in the whole wide world  :D

Seriously, talking about Zenden, you can't judge him yet because he got injured the whole season so its stupid to judge him right now. He will be used mostly centrally because he is much better there and would add us some attacking options.

I think we have a really good squad, with some improvments in some areas we can really storm the premiership in the coming years and add so much competition in Europe. We have really good youngsters who are future prospects but still need to improve so the future is bright!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:09 pm

Sabre wrote:You underrate Luis Garcia so much, it's pointless to discuss about him with you.  :no

Agreed Sabre, Little Luis is king of europe  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:14 pm

Billy_5_Times wrote:I think we have a good starting 11 and one of the best benches in the League, but there is still the deadwood there.

On the wings is the real problem. Kewell and Zenden down the left, God help us and Garcia on the right is useless.

Garcia scores fair enough, but surely we can sign someone or have someone at the squad who can score but do more as well. He can't pass, tackle, has no pace, can't control and when he does control it he has to do a flick, and they hardly come off.

Kewell is one good game in 5 and Zenden didn't impress last year what I did see of him.

REAL FANS ONLY.. WHO THE FECK ARE YOU!

garcia is a creative player around the box and although frustrating at times, the team is stronger with him in it, and he is in the spain squad ahead of some qualilty players

i hate the word deadwood being used for harry kewell as well the lad had some great spells last year and actully looked like the player we all thought we had sighed

no one can judge zenden as he hasn't played enough but rafa believes that he has something to offer the squad so that is good enough for me

some fans only read the paper and watch ssn for there opinions and i'm betting your in that ilk mate

you do get wind up merchants on here and i don't know if you are one but your thread is sh~t and negitive before the season has started

the only thing that is not in place for the whole club is the stadium at the moment, we have the best manager,a squad with depth and strenght and the best fans in the world

hope your not here on the wind up as it detracts from the whole site which has been a good read lately
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Billy_5_Times » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:15 pm

metalhead wrote:
Sabre wrote:You underrate Luis Garcia so much, it's pointless to discuss about him with you.  :no

Agreed Sabre, Little Luis is king of europe  :D

If you read my post you would see what I said about Luis. He scores but that's all and as a right winger, which is what we use him as mostly, we need more off him.

Granted Zenden got injured but before that he didn't look that good. Maybe playing in the middle we may see the best of him, but he isn't going to dislodge Gerrard, Alonso or Sissoko, so he is going to spend most of this season on the bench or not involved at all.
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby Billy_5_Times » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:18 pm

redmikey wrote:i hate the word deadwood being used for harry kewell as well the lad had some great spells last year and actully looked like the player we all thought we had sighed

That's my problem with Kewell. He has spells of brilliance but he's not consistant enough. If he was consistant I'd love him, but its the inconsistancy which is the problem.
Billy_5_Times

Postby azriahmad » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:19 pm

Even a lower-foreign fan like me knows that...

Sabre, I don't think the above statement should be used to describe you at all. Liverpool FC is a club with an international following and it is fans like you and me, both "foreign" as in not English and from the UK, that illustrates exactly what Liverpool FC is to football fans all around the world.

Of the players mentioned by Billy, it is only Kewell who, despite his massive improements last season, had let us down IMHO in big matches. He i on such huge wages that he should be delivering consistently this season or we should ship him out if a decent offer comes.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:21 pm

Billy_5_Times wrote:I think we have a good starting 11 and one of the best benches in the League, but there is still the deadwood there.

Practise what you preach Billy, and talk sense.

NB. Zenden won't be playing on the left this season, Gonzalez will.
We also have Pennant on the right.

Where have you been for the last month - walking aroung with your head up your arse?
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:23 pm

He scores but that's all

His goal tally for an attacking midfielder is more than good. He makes a lot of harm between lines, and his movements are very good, that's why he's often in positions that give him goals. He's a good header despite his height. He's comfortable in little spaces and fast thinker. I think he has one of the best vision to make the last pass in the team, his only problem with passing is choice, he doesn't make the best choice and gives away balls because of it. But I honestly can't understand how you can say "he only scores goal".
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Billy_5_Times » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:26 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:Practise what you preach Billy, and talk sense.

NB. Zenden won't be playing on the left this season, Gonzalez will.
We also have Pennant on the right.

Where have you been for the last month - walking aroung with your head up your arse?

I don't want our starting wingers out, I want our back up wingers out. Zenden who played on the left last year, therefore I'm counting him as a winger, Kewell isn't good enough and Garcia doesn't contribute enough.

Pennant and Gonzalez will be two good buys. So over the last month I have been hoping to see the back off those 3 players.
Billy_5_Times

Postby NiftyNeil » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:27 pm

Billy_5_Times wrote:Kewell isn't good enough and Garcia doesn't contribute enough.

Like I said before Billy, TALK SENSE!
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:28 pm

I would not be disappointed to see Kewell and Zenden go aslong as we brought in a new quality left winger, Garcia does frustrate me but he does have moments of brilliance and pops up with goals at crucial times so I would not like to see him go.
ALONSO

Postby Billy_5_Times » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:31 pm

OK. He is decent in and around the box. His awareness and footballing brain give him advantage over some players but when he plays on the right he puts us in danger more often than not. And when he is in our half he is the oppositions best player. All his fancy tricks are no good in our half. So I would still like to see the back of him because I think we can buy a player who can score the goals Luis does but also gives us something extra.
Billy_5_Times

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion