Stevie gerrard's fitness

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:07 am

dawson99 wrote:but guys, lets not forget what he can do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp3OFfOpowc

(sorry, forgot how to change thing again, but this is well worth it!!!

:laugh:

Hilarious at the end.

I want the Chelsea and Aston Villa Gerrard back( the form in the start of the season).
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:09 am

we're all waiting for that double armed manicness that he brings when hes happy, and right now he just dont look happy. all bad body language, whether its his wife, his team mates, rafas rotation, no one knows but him but hes gotta cheer up
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:13 am

dawson99 wrote:we're all waiting for that double armed manicness that he brings when hes happy, and right now he just dont look happy. all bad body language, whether its his wife, his team mates, rafas rotation, no one knows but him but hes gotta cheer up

The reason is... that I beat him in Halo 3. :D

Joke aside, he may have some personal problems and I really hope he cheers up again.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:20 am

personal problems or no personal problems

hes a professional who is payed alot of money to perform or at least give 100%.....

he isnt even doing that at the moment.

the gerrard in that video is nothing like the current gerrard

like two diffrent players
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:38 am

Gerrard had another sub-par game from england......

Seriously hope he gets back to form against eversh1t....

BTW johnny wilkinson rocks....... whoooo hoooo.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:37 am

Been fuckin shite lately for club and Country not that I care about the latter mind.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:38 am

Its worrying but i hope he gets back to what he does best pretty sharpish.

Something is not right with him !!

I wonder what it could be ? Its like as if football just doesn't matter to him right now.. Something more important is playing on his mind....
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:08 am

Geez there really is some people quick to stick the knive in on this forum! "Gerrards a shadow of his former self" "He's lost his hunger" and my favourite "He was never world class", lets sell him ffs!!!

Does any1 not think that maybe, just maybe he was rushed back far to quickly from his broken toe injury, playing while still injured under painkillers and now he's paying the price for it? Is Peter Falk dead? I should be the new Columbo
burjennio

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:07 pm

Just saw the England match.... missus taped it for me.

Stevie was absolutely dire! Horror miss....

Wonder what's going on with him..... doesn't seem his usual self at the mo
ConnO'var

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:05 pm

ConnO'var wrote:Just saw the England match.... missus taped it for me.

Why would you do that after knowing the result  ???

I never watched the match as i was in work. Watched the highlights on BBC1 last night, his miss was poor and he should of scored, but other than that he looked ok to me.
He certainly looked up for it, throwing himself into tackles that had me shuddering thinking of Saturdays derby.
Obviously i only seen limited highlights and will accept if the majority say he played sh!te but hope that people arent just making there decisions based on that missed chance.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:20 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:Just saw the England match.... missus taped it for me.

Why would you do that after knowing the result  ???

I never watched the match as i was in work. Watched the highlights on BBC1 last night, his miss was poor and he should of scored, but other than that he looked ok to me.
He certainly looked up for it, throwing himself into tackles that had me shuddering thinking of Saturdays derby.
Obviously i only seen limited highlights and will accept if the majority say he played sh!te but hope that people arent just making there decisions based on that missed chance.

He worked really hard Ace but his touch and his passing seemed off and he looked a bit slow to me (no top gear). I think he's just lost confidence and form through struggling to play for England when he was injured and he should have been resting.
account deleted by request

Postby Wilhelmsson » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:46 pm

burjennio wrote:Geez there really is some people quick to stick the knive in on this forum! "Gerrards a shadow of his former self" "He's lost his hunger" and my favourite "He was never world class", lets sell him ffs!!!

Does any1 not think that maybe, just maybe he was rushed back far to quickly from his broken toe injury, playing while still injured under painkillers and now he's paying the price for it? Is Peter Falk dead? I should be the new Columbo

I feel that some of the comments posted on here are rather OTT, but there is good grounds for the criticism of Gerrard, IMO he hasn’t been pulling his weight and he hasn’t been marshalling the team as a skipper should do.

Gerrard was in control of when and where he played, he didn’t have to play two games for England whilst injured; he chose to, he told McClueless and Rafa that he was fine and the medical conducted by the England Medics suggested he was fine to play.

With hindsight, those two games have affected Gerrard’s form and performances, no doubt his morale too, but he has to pick himself up, dust himself off and carry on. FWIW, if I was Rafa I’d give Gerrard a vote of confidence, if that failed to work, then I’d bench him for a few matches.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby Sabre » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:07 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:
burjennio wrote:Geez there really is some people quick to stick the knive in on this forum! "Gerrards a shadow of his former self" "He's lost his hunger" and my favourite "He was never world class", lets sell him ffs!!!

I feel that some of the comments posted on here are rather OTT, but there is good grounds for the criticism of Gerrard, IMO he hasn’t been pulling his weight and he hasn’t been marshalling the team as a skipper should do.

Gerrard was in control of when and where he played, he didn’t have to play two games for England whilst injured; he chose to, he told McClueless and Rafa that he was fine and the medical conducted by the England Medics suggested he was fine to play.

With hindsight, those two games have affected Gerrard’s form and performances, no doubt his morale too, but he has to pick himself up, dust himself off and carry on. FWIW, if I was Rafa I’d give Gerrard a vote of confidence, if that failed to work, then I’d bench him for a few matches.

I agree the spirit of this post, although to be honest, I don't think Rafa will *have to* give him a vote of confidence, I think Gerrard will be at his best soon enough.

I haven't seen England matches and I can't have an opinion about them, in Liverpool, as much as I admit he's not been at his best, he's been far from being shíte or dire.

Sometimes, a player's bad performance is very related to how the team as a collective is playing. In some positions that's even more evident, for instance, I think it's very rare to highlight a winger like Pennant's game, when the collective is not playing well.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:39 pm

It appears to me that far too many Liverpool fans today have absolutely no patience whatsoever.

I admit I don't like Gerrard's attitude - never have done. He's not the sort of person I'd go for a pint with (and I would imagine I'm not his cup of tea, either).

But the fact is, rightly or wrongly, he is the Captain of this club, and as such, deserves a little more respect than simply "sell him".

I probably give him more stick than anyone on here, but that's because I've read his autobiography which, in my view, paints him as a complete prat, obsessed with England and his International loverboys Gary c*nting Neville, Fat b*stard Frank, and "JT".

However. I wouldn't want to see him playing anywhere else, and I want him to display the form which brought him 23 goals from the right-hand-side of midfield 18 months ago.

I have to say - anyone who wants to sell him, after he's affirmed his allegiances to this club, and has no release-clause in his contract (even though he HAS been well below par recently (and quite gash in certain matches)), needs shooting to death. 

That is all.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:10 pm

I honestly dont think fitness has got anything to do with the way Gerrards playing .FFS these players have had pre season training ,cup games, and league  games not even talkin about internationals they train everyday  and they even get to go home and rest there weary legs in the afternoon. Broken toe or no broken toe some thing else is wrong with Gerrard.

Remember a couple of seasons ago when we were all gettin on his case again cause he was going through a bad spell well it only came out later that his head was cabbaged cause his mam and dad had split up. I really think the problems at home . Stevie is one of the best midfielders in the world hes also a local lad playing for the club he loves at the moment hes havin a bad time but hell come good again. Reading some of the comments on hear from some so called Liverpool supporters regarding his form makes me shake my head in disbelief  id sooner have a Stevie G on my team than any other midfielder in the prem.

Even Rafas telling us to leave him alone

Get off Steven Gerrard’s back demands Rafa Benitez Oct 18 2007

by David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

RAFA BENITEZ has urged critics not to single out his skipper, Steven Gerrard, for Liverpool’s recent loss of form.

The Reds go into Saturday’s Goodison derby on the back of some patchy recent form.

And some supporters have pointed to Gerrard’s indifferent performances.

But while Benitez admits he has been concerned by his side’s displays, he does not believe Gerrard’s form has been a factor.

“I am really worried about the team over the past few games, because we are not playing at our level,” he explained.

“You can talk about Steven Gerrard, because he is the captain, but you can talk about the other players also.

“I was disappointed when people were talking about Sissoko and Leto after the Marseille game.

“So I say the team is not playing well and you cannot pick out one player. It is the same situation with Steve.

“He needs to keep working and you could see the other day during the game that he was working hard.

“The team is working hard so we need to improve tactically and we need to improve our confidence.”

Gerrard is likely to lead the Reds out at Goodison for the start of a crucial week in Liverpool’s season.

But midfield partner Xabi Alonso, who hopes to be named in the Reds squad for the first time since breaking his foot at Portsmouth a month ago, is playing down the significance of the next 10 days.

After the derby, Liverpool go to Besiktas for a must-win Champions League clash, then entertain Arsenal at Anfield.

“After these games there will still be a long way to go,” he said. “Of course these games are important because we have dropped some points lately. We don’t want to drop any more.

“If we manage to win these games it will bring a lot of confidence to the squad.”
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion