Stevie gerrard's best position?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:22 pm

ffs... give it a rest guys... joe is a good poster and im sure even Bam would admit to that.... whole thing is being blown way out of proportion by everyone... a little more respect from everyone in their posts maybe ?!
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:34 am

aCe' wrote:ffs... give it a rest guys... joe is a good poster and im sure even Bam would admit to that.... whole thing is being blown way out of proportion by everyone... a little more respect from everyone in their posts maybe ?!

True I did admit joe was a good poster then made the tongue in cheek comment about him being a supporter for 18 months.

Most of the plebs on here didnt even know his sig, which was quite funny and I think he saw the funny side.

I also to ld him to watch NFL rather than worry about SG at RB for England.

And then samaritans come in a blow it all up as usual  :laugh: 

Sabre I know you are whoring for attention now that you've gone someway to pi$$ing Mick off. Peewee wont bite so now it's my turn.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:30 am

What's all this?

Bam used up all his anti-Irish jibes and turned on the Yanks instead? :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:55 am

I think Bam needs to use more :D  in his posts.  :D

Plus I have been a die hard fan for 32 months now  :p
JoeTerp

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:27 am

JoeTerp wrote:I think Bam needs to use more :D  in his posts.  :D

You've been missing out Joe - I've been a die hard fan since 1988, it's one of my fave films! :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:00 am

john craig wrote:What's all this?

Bam used up all his anti-Irish jibes and turned on the Yanks instead? :laugh:

:no

Oh dear JC if you can't take a bit of banter maybe you should be tarmacking drive ways instead.  :rasp

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Bam » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:02 am

JoeTerp wrote:I think Bam needs to use more :D  in his posts.  :D

Its a bit too late to lighten the mood me old septic.  :D

I've got the Human rights on me back now, stone the flaming crows.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:26 pm

metalhead wrote:Gerrard's best position is as a natural CM, he is boss there, always has and always will be (Everton at Goodison for example) He is the type of player that tracks back, tackles, carries the ball forward and attacks, the modern box to box midfield and he is absolutely world class in that  department.

However, he is thriving in this new role as an AM behind Torres, scoring goals setting up his teammates and driving forward. Still, I miss some elements of his game that he uses when he plays as a midfielder that we also can use in some games, mostly the big games.

Gerrard's improvement under Rafa has primarily been in an attacking sense. He was never a goal machine the way he is now under Houllier. IMO he is far more effective right now than Owen was in the Houllier years.

I don't think anyone can argue that Gerrard has improved defending wise. He was always pretty good defensively, and if needed can be used as a CM, DM or even a defender. But all that would be at the expense of his attacking qualities.

The problem with putting Gerrard back in CM is you will lose his goals. He will still score, mind you, but not the same numbers and consistency as he does now. He hasn't struck a good partnership with Mascherano, Alonso or Lucas with us at CM, nor with Lampard or Barry or whoever for England. Decent yes. But better than him playing with Torres up front? Not a chance.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:03 am

didnt read any of the posts except the topic starter's.... to be honest i dont care. as long as he plays. his presence itself puts fear and doubt into opponent's minds coz you never know when he is gonna hit you with a blockbuster and surely his presence is also a lift to the team.

so therefore i say his best position is on the pitch.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby heimdall » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:09 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
s@int wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Qu'est ce que c'est que ca mon petit ami? :D

Les follies de la Newkit, bien sur.  :D

Now just cut that French :censored: out straight away :D , Bloody French Canadian too boot.  :no  :no 

BTW Joe is a good poster so not sure why you're having a pop Bam and Sabre you've been better lately but you do enjoy winding people up. I never knew you were a mod though but can certainly understand that it must have been very constraining for someone who enjoys preaching as much as you do.  :rasp
heimdall

Postby Sabre » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:29 pm

Thank you Dr. Heimdall for reckoning this patient is better. I'd say the treatment of lack of insults and respect to the team has worked a big deal in my better health, so please keep administering the same treatment Dr. , don't forget giving me my dosis the next time a dissapointing result -- something that comes with being a footie fan -- reaches. :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Sabre wrote:Thank you Dr. Heimdall for reckoning this patient is better. I'd say the treatment of lack of insults and respect to the team has worked a big deal in my better health, so please keep administering the same treatment Dr. , don't forget giving me my dosis the next time a dissapointing result -- something that comes with being a footie fan -- reaches. :)

How did you know I'm a doctor ???
heimdall

Postby Sabre » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:25 pm

I can activate your webcam all the time and see what you're doing.  :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:27 pm

Sabre wrote:I can activate your webcam all the time and see what you're doing.  :D

You lucky man.  :wwww

BTW was just teasing, I'm not actually a doctor.
heimdall

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:24 am

Despite his recent form I'd have dropped Gerrard back into the midfield in place of Lucas at half time last night. Essien was man marking Gerrard out the game when he was playing off the front man.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion