Steven gerrard...... - What is it about him?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:01 am

poached from another site :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:22 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:Steven Gerrard's life is the very essence of every young footballers dreams ,he came through the youth system ,and his burgeoning potential was spotted at a very early age ,and his phenomenal surge to the very pinnacle of world football has been nothing short of extraordinary.

Gerrard made mistakes ,notably in keeping company with Liverpool's more salubrious characters , and frequenting the more exclusive clubs in Liverpool City Centre ,he was also no stranger to being seen drinking with footballs more despicable 
miscreants .
In fact if Gerrard was indeed trying to attract notoriety then he was travelling in the right circles ,but this was all nipped in the bud thanks to our French saviour ,step forward Monsieur Houllier ,who took the young scallywag in tow and reminded him of the talent he possessed ..
I think this was the turning point in Stevens career ,because since then, albeit the Southport incident ,he has kept a low profile .
I think Steven is a young man who is vastly wealthy and up until the court case ,done a more than competent job of staying grounded allowing his less than timid other half to court the headlines .

I simply couldnt envisage how a young footballer thrust so rapidly into the limelight ,managed to cope with all the trappings of success and limitless riches he now had at his disposal ,especially one as talented, and regularly heralded as England's finest young midfielder . (I mean look what happened to Gascoigne  ) I couldn't imagine the temptations on offer ,and how I would deal with the undoubted hangers on .

I think Scouser's who in the early days seen the type of company Gerrard was keeping were dismayed ,but the fact is it just became accepted that Steven would end up like so many others ,who promised so much and ended up falling short of their limitless potential.

Its to the strength of his willpower and endurance that history will portray Steven Gerrard as the best midfielder in Liverpool's history ,and a serious argument for the most complete midfielder in the world today ,and its for that reason Liverpool fc have been  privileged in having at their disposal a player who is on track to be the one of the very best to grace Anfield .

totally agree top post mate,very well put together-also for me if people want to sling any mud in stevie's way about his autobiography, please remember the parts of it which explains who he is,what made him what he is,his history-background etc.

his determination to suceed in life aswell as ambition,playing for LFC etc is what i admire an will always respect him for.

this is my opinion, so let's agree to dis-agree- steven gerrard didn't sign for chelsea end of. he showed his true colours at the end of the day,doesn't matter how it came about forget the politics involved at the time cause that was a factor (but i'm not bothered about that) he stayed that's all that counts for me.

also i will say being very sincere here- steven gerrard is a role model for for my son (one reason alone istanbul) amongst many others, he has shown from an early age that you never give up on a dream, have self belief, an show determination in everything you want to achieve in life.

SG is without doubt one of the best players in our history, & will always have my respect for many reasons.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby redhayesy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:32 pm

LFC2007 wrote:He's given me some of the best nights of my life. Like sabre, for me, all the rest is secondary.

couldn't have put it better mate, he has given me so many great moments during many,many games that has made me go through every emotion possible, it will far,far outweight games where he may not have played so well in. remember he is human after all.

but the amount of games he has instrumented,pulled around by the scuff of it's neck -the many many crucial goals etc will stay with me forever!  he really is a football genius, just to respond to an earlier post though IMHO he isn't the best player ever iv'e seen in a liverpool shirt -that title is kenny's, but it is a generation thing i supose cause i was fortunate enough to watch kenny week in week out,so before the days when you could stream games etc,if you weren't at the game you couldn't really pass comment on players performances etc.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby hello_red » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:40 pm

He is a scouser, he is our best player, potentially one of the best in the world on his day, he loves the club and wants to win things. I could not give a rats :censored: about his personality.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby redhayesy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:42 pm

Rush Job wrote:Great player and we`d be fked without him.

spot on mate, we are not a one man team etc, but deep down no one on this forum can truly dis-agree with your statement there!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:19 pm

Stevie... when it comes to football.. hes the best we have and one of the best around... great captain ? yes imo and one of the best around again..

Who gives a fck what hes like in real life ! Without him we wouldnt be where we are now... Id side with him over Rafa any day of the week... Hell i said earlier i would have sided with Alonso over Rafa nevermind Gerrard...

Anyways... dont think he gets the praise he desrves but then again i dont think it makes that big a difference...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:24 pm

aCe - i praised stevie when he gave that penalty away to villa at home :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:26 pm

aCe' wrote:Who gives a fck what hes like in real life ! Without him we wouldnt be where we are now...

spot on
account deleted by request

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:29 pm

Judge wrote:aCe - i praised stevie when he gave that penalty away to villa at home :D

ofcourse you did Judge  :D

That was pretty stupid of him though... think it was more frustration than anything with the players who were supposed to be covering not being anywhere near the ball...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:47 pm

he's limping for Ingurrland :angry: :angry:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Madmax » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:29 pm

Hope he does win the premiership with us.. He deserves that medal would be a shame if he retires without one.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush1000 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:42 am

interesting new gerrard interview talks a lot about the trial but the interesting bits for me are about Rafa and Capello

a bit like Carragher (who compared Rafa to the pub bore in his book) Gerrard says Rafa is a real stickler for detail and says "when does this guy sleep?" and "Has this guy not got a life?" but there seems to be a genuine respect there

also says he has never had a conversation with rafa or capello that wasn't about football.

seems to be a very big fan of capello - says he enjoys just being in his company. also says things weren't right under previous england managers

interview here

http://www.footballnewshq.com/2009/09/2009-09-pl-story-58564574.html

---
Rush1000

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:51 am

Rush1000 wrote:interesting new gerrard interview talks a lot about the trial but the interesting bits for me are about Rafa and Capello

a bit like Carragher (who compared Rafa to the pub bore in his book) Gerrard says Rafa is a real stickler for detail and says "when does this guy sleep?" and "Has this guy not got a life?" but there seems to be a genuine respect there

also says he has never had a conversation with rafa or capello that wasn't about football.

seems to be a very big fan of capello - says he enjoys just being in his company. also says things weren't right under previous england managers

interview here

http://www.footballnewshq.com/2009/09/2009-09-pl-story-58564574.html

---

that's a good read...

queue people's comments who believe that rafa is destroying the club because he's so demanding and doesn't have the arm around the shoulder approach...  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:55 am

Rafa is destroying the club because he's so demanding and doesn't have the arm around the shoulder approach.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:29 am

bigmick wrote:Rafa is destroying the club because he's so demanding and doesn't have the arm around the shoulder approach.

hey... but our "Captain" who is solely responsible for all the titles we won under benitez seem to appreciate it...  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion