Steven gerrard....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tel » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:50 am

I agree that Rafa is not utilising Stevie as much as he can.

However, Gerrard is the only dangerous player we have that can score, win a penalty or create a goal. And he does it in big games like Champions league finals. And he did it again on Sunday.

You want your most dangerous player as close to goal as possible. Crouch should be looking for him everytime he gets the ball near the oppositions box
tel

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:58 am

Those of us who were in the "feck it, take the money" camp as the saga dragged on last season and into the Summer must surely now accept that we called it hopelessly wrong. 32 million or whatever it was would in no way whatsoever have compensated us for the loss of our captain. When I look at us this season I dread to think where we would be without him.
I think he has been our best player by a country mile (obviously) and that his attitude has been brilliant aswell. Rafa knows his football and he must thank his God every day that we've got him. Alonso is a smashing player, as is Sissoko but lets be absolutely clear here, neither could be mentioned in the same breath as Gerrard based on what we are currently witnessing.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:04 am

Saying "Rafa doesn't trust Steven Gerrard" is a bit OTT. Rafa doesn't trust Cisse - that is evidently true.

Gerrard's strengths is different to Alonso's and Alonso appears to be the more tactically astute of the two. I remember Rafa did say that Alonso is good with both short and long passes and he is tactically smart for a player his age or something like that when Alonso was signed.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion