Steven gerrard - He wants to go

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jimmyb » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:04 pm

i noticed rick parry didn,t deny that steven gerrard had asked for a transfer .i know stevie dragged us into champions league but maybe other players will take responsibility now and not rely on stevie gerrard anymore but i still feel stevie needs to give the new gaffer a go
jimmyb

Postby 84-1083280474 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:55 pm

This is sillier than any of Stu the Red's posts!

How the hell do radio merseyside know? do they work in the boardroom, liase with the manager, or bug the managers office? Rick parry said today, that he was focusing on keeping stevie g, and benitez wanted him there too.

Stevie G would find it hard to put in a transfer request, considering he's just signed a new contract with the kind of money he would get anywhere else, he's away in Portugal focusing on Euro 04, and the new manager has only just walked in through the door!

People and wind up merchants who say stevie G has a clause in his contract saying he can leave are speculating, unless they have seen his contract and read it.

I heard a funny comment on a radio show, saying Stevie G wanted out cause Alan Curbishley wasnt coming!

Alan "The new Bob Paisley" Curbishley, who has only been in charge of a w**k prem team for a few years.

that made me laugh.
84-1083280474

Postby stel » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:46 pm

LFC have to do everything to keep SG but if HE(not his agent) really wants to leave us, then he should. I dont need a player who doesnt like playing for the club...
stel

Postby gerrard_steven » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:31 pm

this really pisssing me off hes not going hes just signed a new contract and he knew of the interest of chelski then aswell hes a tru liverpool fan n he wont leave now we have a new manager in which he can provide sucess, benitez is a tactician mastermind and will want to build th team around him and owen so theres no way hes going when will the dumb press start printing something else, whatever happend to carlos going to cheslki thought it was a done deal, and 10 other players they sem to be linked with. Roman will need to be able to cash out around the 100 mil mark for him to go, the only way he'll go is if liverpool havent won anything byt the tyme his preivious contract would be coming to a end, have faith STEVIE IS THE MAN
gerrard_steven

Postby robbohuyton » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:12 am

Rick Parry admitted in the press conference that Stevie could go. He said it's the first thing he and Benitez will get on to but that last time he spoke to SG he was really "down".

Personally, I can't see why he wouldn't wait and see what happens at LFC. The big money will still be on the table a year down the line if he has another season like the last.

There's a rumour doing the rounds that his bird is in a bit of ****** round Liverpool and he wants to do one to get away from it all. Don't know how true that is but Parry did deffo say that at the press conference...
robbohuyton

Postby Scottbot » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:27 am

Reds admit Gerrard fears (BBC Sport)

It isn't about money with Stevie

Rick Parry
Liverpool chief executive
Why Liverpool went for Benitez 
Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry has revealed that Steven Gerrard could be about to walk away from the club.
The England midfielder has been linked with a big-money move to Chelsea - but this is the first time Liverpool have confirmed he is considering his future.

But Parry hopes the arrival of Rafael Benetiz as Anfield manager will persuade Gerrard to stay on Merseyside.

"I spoke to him three weeks ago and it was clear he was not happy. He was down and wants success," Parry said.

Benetiz was unveiled as Liverpool manager on Wednesday - and one of his first tasks in the new job will be to convince the 24-year-old Gerrard that he can win trophies if he stays at the club.

"Hopefully the appointment of Rafa Benetiz as our new manager will swing things our way with Stevie," Parry said.

"Realistically, players have to be happy and we can't force anybody to stay at the club against their wishes, but there is no way that we want to sell him and we sincerely hope that he stays."

Press reports in recent days have claimed Chelsea want to bring Gerrard to Stamford Bridge for £30m - and are ready to make him the best-paid player in the Premiership.

But Parry insisted: "It isn't about money with Stevie.

"Medals are more important to him and he told me that he doesn't want to be here at 35 having not won anything.

Steven Gerrard career statistics 

"Finishing fourth in the Premiership is not an achievement in his eyes but we are with him on that."

Parry remains hopeful that the arrival of Benetiz - who won a number of trophies at Valencia - as successor to the sacked Gerard Houllier will send the right signals to Gerrard.

"The next priority is for me and Rafa to meet and try to persuade Stevie that his future is at this club," Parry added.

"We will do everything we can to persuade him that his future lies here, but we are not complacent."

Benetiz too is well aware of the need to keep the star midfielder.

"Steven is from Liverpool and the club is in his heart," the Spaniard said. "His spirit is here, but I want to tell him how important he is to us."

Not much fun reading this lads. Lets hope Bentiez is a persuasive fella :(
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:51 am

If Gerrard want to go that badly, let him go but make sure LFC gats a whopping price for him and make sure that it breaks the British transfer record at the same time.

Perhaps he thinks that LFC can't match his ambition and he wants to join the Chelski revolution. they are loaded, squeeze them and get a few good replacements for him. He might not be happy at Chelski and may be rotated but as long as we gat at least 35 million for him, then let him go! Can't hold on to an unhappy player.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:13 am

Never mind breaking the British transfer record... lets go for the world one if we're at it. If Stevie wants to o that bad let him go, but I can't understand him wanting to go to Chelski if he wants to win things. They have no past record of winning anything and the only thing they have over Liverpool in the present time is money.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mambo88 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:23 am

LFC should keep SG @ Anfield. He's the man that can transform the REDS to greater heights next season! As simple as that, no doubt about that!   

LFC should be build around him for at least three more seasons and as many reckon he is the future England captain, please keep him for as long as he wants to remain @ Merseyside. If there's one man that can turn the fire for the REDS next season.......he gotta be SG! Never mind about the back pass with the Three Lions, that is just one of those blunder.....but i'm sure he will bounce back.

Even if SG wants a move.....basically what the board can do is to create a win-win situation......talk to him that the management still wants him to be part of the squad and that he is crucial factor that can help LFC win the title in the coming season.

Sometimes a little bit of negotiation skills does help to please a person. Of course if the board just thinks of the $$$$$$ to sell him, then there's nothing much we can do to have him @ Anfield. 

"GERARD'S THE MAN"

www.liverpoolfanclub.org.sg
mambo88

Postby JohnBull » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:58 am

I don't think its a question of Gerrard wanting to go but when his agents been got at by a blank cheque book with offers of half a million pound a month to the player plus all the additional earnings - it must be bloody hard to refuse the agents whispers about "being set-up for life".
Whoever goes doesn't matter anyway I honestly think that the new management will be able to cope.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:17 am

Thats a  very good point about Agents John Bull and one i've made in earlier posts on this subject. Stevie would appear to be the kind of player that agents could unsettle and get in his head about success and ambition.  Sad thingfor SG is these agents aren't concerned so much with cups but their commission

SG was quite obviously disappointed when GH was sacked (lets not dress it up here, he WAS sacked) and its quite natural for him therefore to question his own future and ambitions.

Benitez is going to have to do quite a job to turn this situation around but its obvious that SG looks up to people almost like a father figure . GH people often forget took SG under his wing about 18 months ago when Stevie was having all sorts of personal problems and SG hasn't forgotten that and its to his credit............

he may just be smarting from the departure of GH but its looking ominous :( :(
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:50 am

If it's not about money, then why Stevie thinks chelsea will be more successful than us? IF:
- GH hadn't been that stubborn putting Heskey on a regular upfront,
- also meaning Baros, or at least Pongolle, would have had more opportunities to show off
- not so many injuries experienced by key players,
- also meaning Biscan might have been curbed or even soonly sold before playing as much as 29 (!!!) performances in the latest premiere league -which was horrible.
- Fortune hadn't been too far away from us. Realistically, there were couple of games where we just threw 3 points away, which we didn't see as much happening to other clubs.
(I think you may be able to add a few more ifs in).
From these IFs, THEN I believe that we were not worse 19 points behind Chelski

PLUS NOW:
- We have Benitez who assumably is more capable than Houllier, or at least doesn't have a heart attack, or (i believe) won't force Biscan to be a regular lineup and will give Baros much more opportunities since it's impossible for him to employ Heskey upfront; and very likely to bring in some quality players.
- We have Cisse who is absolutely better than Heskey

IN ADDITION
- Chelsea is new emerging club that hasn't proven enough. There is always a periode where a club experiences a temporary set back during an inclining periode as a result of consolidation process. Like applying a new string of a guitar, it will loosen first before having tighten in more stable manner. It's too far early to conclude that Chelsea WILL finished above us. You are not going to a game where the result has already been concluded beforehand.
- Gerrard is a born red
- I was tought by my lecturer that human is an economics animal

THEN:
It's a BIG ****** if Gerrard to move to chelsea not for money
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:50 pm

Of course he's moving for the money - it's a case of how strong your club loyalties go beyond your loyalties to yourself.
The saddest change of the modern game is that years ago the difference between 2 grand with us or 3 grand with someone else wasn't enough to buy the loyalty of players but a difference of £70,000 a week is too much to refuse for anyone - ask yourselves what you would do ?
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:04 pm

Its easy for me to say,but if the club i loved was paying me 70grand a week to kick a football,than no,i wouldnt dream of going any where else.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jack66 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:55 pm

Let him go,he will regret it when abramovich buggers off and leaves them all ******.Nobody is bigger than the club and we can tell him to ****** off when hes begging us to have him back.
jack66

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion