Steven gerrard...... - What is it about him?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:19 pm

no, only scousers are funny and outgoing... and only people from Liverpool can REALLY understand Steve Gerrard... the rest of us are just plastics who don;t really support Liverpool as much and should feel honoured to get wisdom from true scouse fans
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:41 pm

dawson99 wrote:no, only scousers are funny and outgoing... and only people from Liverpool can REALLY understand Steve Gerrard... the rest of us are just plastics who don;t really support Liverpool as much and should feel honoured to get wisdom from true scouse fans

Dude you keep forgetting the  :)  smiley.  :D
heimdall

Postby GYBS » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:23 pm

GYBS wrote:Now this should be an interesting answer if i get one but please tell me who gets undeserved respect ?

Im guessing still no answer to this question then norwegian red  ???
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:39 pm

dawson99 wrote:no, only scousers are funny and outgoing... and only people from Liverpool can REALLY understand Steve Gerrard... the rest of us are just plastics who don;t really support Liverpool as much and should feel honoured to get wisdom from true scouse fans

Oh dear  :(  I think I explained in full about how I felt about outside support and I have no wish to reiterate ,but for your sake I will add in short : I expressly once again refute the claim that supporting Liverpool is exclusive to only Scouser's and believe Liverpool to be a team that is famous for its worldwide fan base ,however that said I can do little to mend your apparent inferiority complex   :(
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:43 pm

What you could do GYBS is ask yourself why he hasn't answered ??? I'll have a guess.

My guess is that he thinks either Kuyt or Lucas gets "undeserved respect". Why? well he probably thinks that in the case of Kuyt, any criticism however slight is matched by indignation so heartfelt you have to re-read your post just to make sure you haven't mistakenlly called him a ginger haired Dutch c..., or said he was absolutely sh!t, or that he didn't put lots of effort in.

If it's Lucas who he thinks gets undeserved "respect", it's probably that whenever someone tries to sensibly talk out him it goes all haywire, and half a dozen pages are added onto threads with no sense really talked.

In short mate, there is the distinct possibility that he can't be bothered :D
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:47 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:

Oh dear  :(  I think I explained in full about how I felt about outside support and I have no wish to reiterate ,but for your sake I will add in short : I expressly once again refute the claim that supporting Liverpool is exclusive to only Scouser's and believe Liverpool to be a team that is famous for its worldwide fan base ,however that said I can do little to mend your apparent inferiority complex   :(

Kind of linked to that Red, would you think it's fair to say that Gerrard is generally more liked and admired by OOTers than he is by scousers?

That is certainly my impression from here, where someone like Gerrard is held in nowhere near the same esteem as Robbie Fowler for instance    ???
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:02 pm

I dont in general use the word ooter Mick, because its a fictional word that is used to describe an individual who is of the believe he belongs to an elite group .
Gerrard is extolled to the same extent as Fowler in Liverpool ,that much is without question ,but neither have the level of esteem bestowed upon them by their global fan base and on that point I concur .
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:05 pm

For me mick every player whoever pulls on the liverpool shirt gets respected as long as they dont do anything to bring the name of Liverpool into any shame - Gerrard lost a little respect with his antics over xmas and people like itandje will never have any respect due to his actions at the hillsboro memorial - then players like pennant who go out and get drunk and give the press a good reason to drag our name into the gutter .

Players that pull on the shirt and put their heart and soul into playing for us deserve my respect .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:49 pm

bigmick wrote:What you could do GYBS is ask yourself why he hasn't answered ??? I'll have a guess.

My guess is that he thinks either Kuyt or Lucas gets "undeserved respect". Why? well he probably thinks that in the case of Kuyt, any criticism however slight is matched by indignation so heartfelt you have to re-read your post just to make sure you haven't mistakenlly called him a ginger haired Dutch c..., or said he was absolutely sh!t, or that he didn't put lots of effort in.

If it's Lucas who he thinks gets undeserved "respect", it's probably that whenever someone tries to sensibly talk out him it goes all haywire, and half a dozen pages are added onto threads with no sense really talked.

Am I bothered though? face bothered etc etc etc, I ain't bothered  :D
heimdall

Postby bigmick » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:11 am

heimdall wrote:
bigmick wrote:What you could do GYBS is ask yourself why he hasn't answered ??? I'll have a guess.

:laugh:
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:19 am

heimdall wrote:

sorry but i f'ckin hate that cockney OTT sh!te.

sorry to cockneys like but that catherine tate sh!te winds me up so much!
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby dawson99 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:21 am

I've never met a cockney who's said 'am I bovvered LOL

Don't think there are any cockneys on here anyways, maybe take away a syllable and we got some but that's about it :D
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:30 am

Also on this subject that mick has started its not at all true that everyone values Gerrard as our best player and most influential over the years.

I went to anfield for a tour around the stadium, trophy cabinet and heathcotes were doin the meal within a week of us winning the champions league with the lads from work.
We were in a boozer outside and where informed by daily mirror reporters that gerrard had 'just signed' for chelsea for 25 million...what were or comments etc.
I didnt even speak i was that angry and upset but me mates did...a few good riddances and that were said, all printed in the mirror the next day.
We all still love him, yes he flirted with it and its disappointing as we as fans wouldnt. But who are we to judge ?
He stayed despite the money and has still been our best player.
He is a legend and will be the greatest player to wear our clubs shirt (IMHO).
Anyone who thinks he has anything to answer to is deluded imo and people who judge his odd mistakes against other players mistakes saying players are all equal are imo ridiculous - but each to your own.

Anyway if anyone slags off our best player ever - other thanb Rafa trying to give him a little kick up the a'ss that appeared to work, then they are either jealous away fans are have no clue.

Stevie me ??

We will beg for him to come back once he has gone.
Ben Patrick

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:32 am

dawson99 wrote:I've never met a cockney who's said 'am I bovvered LOL

Don't think there are any cockneys on here anyways, maybe take away a syllable and we got some but that's about it :D

good cos you seem sound lid.

catherine tate needs blowing away with a catapult from close range, as do the jerks that laugh at her.
Ben Patrick

Postby dawson99 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:34 am

Stevie G is different class, we all know that, and we'd all miss him, but there is something about him I just don't trust. When you read his autobiography you get the sense he is in ti for himself. There is nothing wrong with that, but he does come across pretty selfish and he knows how to hold a grudge. the whole chelsea business as well has left a sour taste, but whilst he wears the top, he is different class and we love the lad
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion