Steven gerrard and unfair criticism... - Don't talk to me about fickle.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:32 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:
roberto green wrote:
heimdall wrote:
roberto green wrote:Although some of the criticism has been a bit over the top on Gerrard I think that people are still entitled to their opinions, calling the fans "fickle" over Gerrard is not right in this day and age because football has moved on and we need results straight away and if a player who is on £120k a week has had a real poor season by his own admission I think the fans have every right to question him like any other player,  he has had probably his worst season for us.

I honestly think this is his last season with us and his body language has been just as bad as Fernandos.There was moments in the game against the mancs were they were breaking into our half were he would normally be racing back to try and get the ball but I spotted him on a few occasions just walking back.

If we would of sold Gerrard last summer after the season he had we would of got 40m+ and if we sell him this season it has been said it will be 20m+, I think we have certainly missed an opportunity in making the most money out of him and you may well say that I'm fickle blahdy blah but we need to make sure the "CLUB" progresses and if that means selling our best player of the last 10 years then so be it.

As the cliche goes, no player is bigger than the club

Is it then also true that no manager is bigger than the club ? because I can almost guarantee you that with rafa gone we will all see super G again.

Yes that is also true but when Rafa got his 5 year contract he effectively made himself as big as the club and what I mean by that is it has give him so much control at the club.

yes which is why he is the cancer which must be cut out of the club.

This is a prime example of what I was speaking about in my last post.

???  ??? Are you saying that I was previously backing Rafa?
heimdall

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:37 pm

heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:
roberto green wrote:
heimdall wrote:
roberto green wrote:Although some of the criticism has been a bit over the top on Gerrard I think that people are still entitled to their opinions, calling the fans "fickle" over Gerrard is not right in this day and age because football has moved on and we need results straight away and if a player who is on £120k a week has had a real poor season by his own admission I think the fans have every right to question him like any other player,  he has had probably his worst season for us.

I honestly think this is his last season with us and his body language has been just as bad as Fernandos.There was moments in the game against the mancs were they were breaking into our half were he would normally be racing back to try and get the ball but I spotted him on a few occasions just walking back.

If we would of sold Gerrard last summer after the season he had we would of got 40m+ and if we sell him this season it has been said it will be 20m+, I think we have certainly missed an opportunity in making the most money out of him and you may well say that I'm fickle blahdy blah but we need to make sure the "CLUB" progresses and if that means selling our best player of the last 10 years then so be it.

Is it then also true that no manager is bigger than the club ? because I can almost guarantee you that with rafa gone we will all see super G again.

Yes that is also true but when Rafa got his 5 year contract he effectively made himself as big as the club and what I mean by that is it has give him so much control at the club.

Not that I remember, but I'm sure you did at one stage...then you didn't...then you did...then you didn't and it stayed that way. Anyway, that's not the point I was making. But calling a world class manager like Rafa Benitez a cancer is bordering on absolute cluelessness as much as it is disrespectful and in general a lack of football knowledge.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:49 pm

how has this gone from sg groin problem to rafa is a cancer thread...... gerrard will look after his world cup hopes, don't anyone doubt that. masha has run circles round him for 2 years. for anyone to call for him to leave is daft, but look at fergie when it has come to big names at a club he knew when to cash in it is a heartless business football and we have lived in romancevill for far to long as a set of fans and as a club.
i would give sg a injection of adrenalin into his heart to get it going again, sorry to see a legend starting to get jaded, it would be so wrong for fans to turn on him but it happens these days i remember a :censored: burnin a gerrard shirt outside anfield when he was goin to chelsea.
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:52 pm

i think gerrard should be honest though

he should either come out and say..........im sorry for my lack of form, i am having painkilling injections to get through game to game

or he should come out and say.....sorry but ive reached the end of the road with liverpool f.c, i want a change

would be suprising but eh honesty would be nice eh
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:56 pm

heimdall wrote:
roberto green wrote:
heimdall wrote:

How dare you come on here and slate people for calling gerrard a disgrace then go and call our manager - the manager of the club cancer - thats f.ucking disgraceful - yes he may not of done well this season and things may not of gone the way people want and some people want him out but to call him a cancer of the club is a f.ucking disgrace beyond belief.
Benny The Noon

Postby heimdall » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:59 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:
roberto green wrote:
heimdall wrote:

Not that I remember, but I'm sure you did at one stage...then you didn't...then you did...then you didn't and it stayed that way. Anyway, that's not the point I was making. But calling a world class manager like Rafa Benitez a cancer is bordering on absolute cluelessness as much as it is disrespectful and in general a lack of football knowledge.

but calling the captain of our team a disgrace etc is a ok then is it?

BTW I don't think I have at any time been a huge fan of Rafa. I would love you to find one post where I heap praise on him. I will accept being called many things but a Rafa fan, no way, I'm not having that one.  :D
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:01 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
heimdall wrote:
roberto green wrote:
heimdall wrote:

How dare you come on here and slate people for calling gerrard a disgrace then go and call our manager - the manager of the club cancer - thats f.ucking disgraceful - yes he may not of done well this season and things may not of gone the way people want and some people want him out but to call him a cancer of the club is a f.ucking disgrace beyond belief.

no worse than what you have been saying about Gerrard chum. I have many many times more respect for Gerrard than I ever will have for our supposed lord and saviour, aka rafa.
heimdall

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:04 pm

fook me the guy who started this thread should take a leaf out of his own book, dont slate Gerrard but have an open day on the managers head, unfookingbelieveable.

no one is above criticism, manager and players alike and just like any forum there will be those who go over the top with there comments, just like in this thread where someone said the manager is a cancer.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby red37 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:06 pm

heimdall - if i were you i'd shut the f.uck up now. You're going round hijacking threads left right and centre with your drivel.  If your not interested in LFC (and im wondering how on earth you possibly CAN be) given the majority of your output...go and have a w.ank over at redcafe or bluekipper ffs.

Doin me head in you!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:06 pm

Please show me where i have said anything of that sort of disgusting insult towards Gerrard ? Your a f.ucking disgrace to even call yourself a Liverpool Fan - Rafa has done f.uck all to deserve that sort of pathetic disgusting insult . If you ever went anywhere near anfield and spouted something like that your feet wouldnt touch the ground because while some fans may not rate him or think his time is up and maybe its time for a change they still show respect towards our manager because he is still our manager and has done a lot for our club to deserve the respecft . Your a pathetic individual beyond belief .
Benny The Noon

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:15 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
heimdall wrote:
roberto green wrote:
heimdall wrote:

People scream for the managers head despite knowing he´s a first rate manager.

We're falling into the trap of wanting to buy the league.... "Get me a manager who can and give him unlimited cash".

Is that what we want??  :no
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:18 pm

Erm hang on a minute here Heimdell , Because there are  a few people who still back the manager are they wrong to have a go at Gerrard is that what your saying , is it only the ones who back the manager having a little dig here , is that what your tryng to say, Or because your anti Rafa its ok for Stevie to put in performaces the way hes been putting in , Because hes Steven Gerrard hes untouchable , Not in my book mate , No one at the club is beyond being critersised we are the paying public and if like a few have said he has got the hump with Rafa ,dont fecking take it out on us ,dont cheat us , Sort it out , I love Steven , but i dont like the way hes been performing , and i am entitled to say that , without calling him every tw.atty name under the sun, Yesterday he was a shi.thouse , next week he could be superman . But i dont spew bile at him the way it is being spun week in week out about our manager , You dont like Rafa fine , no problem ,you want a new manager ,no problem but show the man some fecking respect mate . he derserves it ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:20 pm

Well said Nanny . Agree with that post 100%
Benny The Noon

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Here you go Nan, I can see you´re struggling there girl.

Criticism.
Criticise.
Criticised.
Criticising.
Critical.

The yankees spell it with a Z as well so you can swing both ways. :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:27 pm

Reg wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
heimdall wrote:
roberto green wrote:
heimdall wrote:

People scream for the managers head despite knowing he´s a first rate manager.

We're falling into the trap of wanting to buy the league.... "Get me a manager who can and give him unlimited cash".

Is that what we want??  :no

No of course not reg but the state of game is at a point where only money will dictate if you are successful. Of course some will say Wenger is the exception to the rule but even then they have the benefit of a new stadium and all the money it brings.

Im not saying we need to spend 250Mil on a new team. But the manager we have has not bought well for low to mid range signings so it makes it harder.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion