Steven gerrard and unfair criticism... - Don't talk to me about fickle.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:31 pm

s@int wrote:23/01/2010

STEVEN GERRARD will have another painkilling injection so he can lead from the front to salvage Liverpool's season.

The Kop skipper is ready to make a swift return to action against Wolves on Tuesday, having recovered from a hamstring strain.

Gerrard was back in training yesterday, giving manager Rafa Benitez another lift in the race for fourth place.

If he does not feature at Molineux, the 29-year-old is certain to return against Bolton at Anfield next weekend.

But Gerrard is still having to manage a groin problem that caused him problems earlier in the season.

He avoided surgery in November thanks to a cortisone jab, but he expects to need the same procedure once more before the season's end.

Although it proved a complete success, Gerrard has been warned he may have to repeat the process in March to ensure he suffers no pain for the climax of the Premier League campaign or the World Cup in the summer.

Gerrard last week endorsed a statement committing his future to Liverpool as the club attempt to beat Tottenham and Manchester City into the Champions League places.

And the manner in which he is battling through injury further demonstrates his loyalty. 

Not exactly prolific these so-called injections though  are they mate  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:38 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

STEVEN GERRARD will have another painkilling injection so he can lead from the front to salvage Liverpool's season.

The Kop skipper is ready to make a swift return to action against Wolves on Tuesday, having recovered from a hamstring strain.

Gerrard was back in training yesterday, giving manager Rafa Benitez another lift in the race for fourth place.

If he does not feature at Molineux, the 29-year-old is certain to return against Bolton at Anfield next weekend.

But Gerrard is still having to manage a groin problem that caused him problems earlier in the season.

He avoided surgery in November thanks to a cortisone jab, but he expects to need the same procedure once more before the season's end.

Although it proved a complete success, Gerrard has been warned he may have to repeat the process in March to ensure he suffers no pain for the climax of the Premier League campaign or the World Cup in the summer.

Gerrard last week endorsed a statement committing his future to Liverpool as the club attempt to beat Tottenham and Manchester City into the Champions League places.

And the manner in which he is battling through injury further demonstrates his loyalty. 

whats your point ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:44 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Cack, mate. Pure rubbish !
Whatever is going on at boardroom level has absolutely FECKALL, a resounding Zilch, to do with the performance on the pitch. Gerrard is there to propel a small round ball into the opposition net as frequently as possible, and preferably more often than the opposition does it in reverse.
If he can't focus on THAT, then he needs help in sorting out his priorities...

Oh, and before you say he can't carry the team on his own.....he IS the captain after all....it is incumbent on him to kick his teammates up the hole on a regular basis if they are not cutting it....

'kinell, slow down. Think.

There's not a word in there about the boardroom. I'm on about the direction the team has gone this season. He's an amitious player who wants to win major honours and so going from a season of apparent progress last season to one of sustained decline this term - where all hopes of major honours soon disappeared - his morale is bound to have taken dip. People might argue that this is a selfish view to take. It isn't because his personal goals coincide with the club's. If the club succeeds in challenging for major honours - and it should - his personal goals are also fulfilled. That hasn't happened this season - and what a depressing season it's been - and therefore it's understandable if at times he's not quite the marauding captain we've been used to seeing. All the more so given his groin injury.
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:48 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

You are only supposed to have 3 cortizone injections a year mate (Thats what I was told when I had mine anyway.) So the rest of the time he will be playing WITH the pain, which will obviously restrict his abilities.   

It was Rafa's decision that Gerrard didn't have the operation, so if you need to blame someone for why Gerrard is not fully fit try looking in another direction.

Liverpool duo Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard face surgery
Rafael Benítez suffered a double blow when he was warned that striker Fernando Torres could require surgery on a hernia on Monday night.

By Rory Smith
Published: 12:01AM GMT 03 Nov 2009

The news came after the Liverpool manager had already confirmed that captain Steven Gerrard would not travel with his team-mates to France on Tuesday morning for his team’s crucial Champions League tie with Lyon, after failing to recover from the groin injury which has ruled him out for two weeks.

“Gerrard has no chance [of playing],” the Liverpool manager said. “He is improving. He has had an injection, but we have to wait for two or three days to see how he reacts.”
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:50 pm

The point is the pain killing injections were hardly administered to the ridiculous extreme of before every game as suggested by some on this forum .... so the only question remaining is what is your point ???  and a concise answer that would in general be  appropriate to the format of the thread would be preferable
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:52 pm

Oh to have the luxury of wallowing in despair when captain of one of the most famous iconic clubs in the world, when you're paid a six figure sum every week to play for the club you've known since a child...poor him...
Gimme a break....
As Captain of the club it is one of his responsibilities to lead from the front. It is up to him to demand the same level of application from teammates. Ditto for making his point to the manager, and if there IS any discontent with the manager, then Gerrard has the RIGHT to demand his opinions are heard and respected.
Have we seen any of that ? No, he follows meekly and says the same as Rafa...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:52 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:The point is the pain killing injections were hardly administered to the ridiculous extreme of before every game as suggested by some on this forum .... so the only question remaining is what is your point ???  and a concise answer that would in general be  appropriate to the format of the thread would be preferable

If he is even having to have one injection then he is obviously not fully fit.
Thats the point that some are trying to make.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:56 pm

I do blame the manager ,as I stated in my post when I requested you take a seat and get comfortable, the inclusion of Gerrard lies squarely in the managers jurisdiction ,it is only he who can explain why a player who is playing with such discomfort should be afforded no respite
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:57 pm

My point is that Gerrard is playing as well as his injury allows. If he wasn't he should/would have been dropped. So either the manager believes that Gerrard is performing as well as he can given his physical condition, or the manager is not doing his job.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:00 pm

s@int wrote:My point is that Gerrard is playing as well as his injury allows. If he wasn't he should/would have been dropped. So either the manager believes that Gerrard is performing as well as he can given his physical condition, or the manager is not doing his job.

I am not known for my criticism of Benitez but I would safely say the latter Saint
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:00 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Oh to have the luxury of wallowing in despair when captain of one of the most famous iconic clubs in the world, when you're paid a six figure sum every week to play for the club you've known since a child...poor him...
Gimme a break....
As Captain of the club it is one of his responsibilities to lead from the front. It is up to him to demand the same level of application from teammates. Ditto for making his point to the manager, and if there IS any discontent with the manager, then Gerrard has the RIGHT to demand his opinions are heard and respected.
Have we seen any of that ? No, he follows meekly and says the same as Rafa...

I don't see a player wallowing in despair, though. Seeing as that statement does concern his personality, I suppose it's a characteristic of Gerrard that you've seen before this season, too? In which case I can handle him wallowing in despair  :D
LFC2007

Postby bigmick » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:03 pm

Emerald Red wrote:You're starting to turn into a real arrogant b"stard, Mick. .

What's his example?  Demanding to take every f*cking corner when he can't often beat the first man?

You Pleb. For someone who dishes out the abuse fella, you do talk some utter sh!t sometimes. Do you seriously think that anyone at a Premiership club can "demand" to take all the corners and get away with it  :laugh: . Don't you think that they practice this stuff in midweek, don't you think that there are assigned dead ball takers FFS? Do you think we get a free kick or a corner and players just say "Get out of the way silly b0ll0cks I'm taking it".

I know under this manager that we are at times so shambolic that it looks like everyone is making it up as they go along, but don't be fooled. During the week we practice stuff, it's not the Dog and Duck in division three of the local intermediate league.

"Demand to take all the corners"  :D Feck me.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:04 pm

Its very difficult to make a decision for the good of the players wellbeing , when that decision may cost the club £20million from the loss of CL football. (I am not known for my defence of Benitez but in this case  :D )
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:06 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:The point is the pain killing injections were hardly administered to the ridiculous extreme of before every game as suggested by some on this forum .... so the only question remaining is what is your point ???  and a concise answer that would in general be  appropriate to the format of the thread would be preferable

Some but not all ,in fact some  even made the implication he was receiving them before  every game ,now you must admit that sort of statement is nothing short of laughable given the period of time  between each injection
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:

There's confusion here over what the injections mean. They mean that Gerrard is STILL carrying an injury, is still feeling pain and is also putting his long-term health at risk. I repeat, the abuse that he's recieved from some quarters has been a disgrace.

Nothing wrong with saying he's been below his best because he obviously has. Nothing wrong in saying he can play a lot better because he obviously can. Once we get onto calling him a "fecking disgrace" though, talk of him needing a good kick up the erse, of being behind Lucas in the player of the season rankings, saying he should be sold off, saying he's in it for the money, doesn't care about the club etc etc it borders on the absolutely bizarre.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion