Unfair criticism - My mum isnt a....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:37 pm

only joking.

what is it with everyone slating Nunez the other night against Watford?

he wasnt phenomenal, but after the first half, the lads in the pub, the commentator on sky seemed to be of the opinion that Nunez had a good first half, one of his best, and played better than most on the potch. second half, was not in it as much, as Ste Gerrard was not picking him out as often. but i thought, "although not brilliant, definitely improving and still can."

then comes the next day with everyone totally going over the top about how bad we were (including David Prentice in the Echo, who took over from Chris Bascombe temporarily, and guess what? he's a bluenose) and once again, Nunez is the scapegoat. his, and parts of the teams first half performance were forgotten, even by Reds whixh i thought was disapponiting.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby FrankM » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:46 pm

Thought Nunez had his best game to date against Watford. Put in several good crosses. Unfortunately there was no one at the end of them. Hopefully Morientes will benefit .

Agree that he was not as effective in second half, probably because he had more defensive duties
FrankM

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:54 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:only joking.

what is it with everyone slating Nunez the other night against Watford?

he wasnt phenomenal, but after the first half, the lads in the pub, the commentator on sky seemed to be of the opinion that Nunez had a good first half, one of his best, and played better than most on the potch. second half, was not in it as much, as Ste Gerrard was not picking him out as often. but i thought, "although not brilliant, definitely improving and still can."

then comes the next day with everyone totally going over the top about how bad we were (including David Prentice in the Echo, who took over from Chris Bascombe temporarily, and guess what? he's a bluenose) and once again, Nunez is the scapegoat. his, and parts of the teams first half performance were forgotten, even by Reds whixh i thought was disapponiting.

i was pointing out in a thread the other day that some fans sat near me were having a go at nunez and quite frankly i found it unacceptable. i also thought he had one of his better games on tuesday night. the problem is, a lot of the time there's nobody in the right places to get on the end of his crosses.

the harsh reality is that wingers in general are always made scapegoats. they're the most frustrating players in the world in that they're either absolutely brilliant or absolutely woeful. there's no middle ground with them. a lot of fans will whinge that their wingers "don't track back enough" but personally i prefer my wingers to do their work between the half way line and the opponents by-line.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:18 pm

i think nunez is still suffering a little from his performance in the first couplem of games he had for us, where he was pretty poor - or at least unadapted.

he's improving an playing well most games now but still seems to get judged more harshly than other some other players.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafas Amigo » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:50 pm

he needs time to ajust , he seems to have a good cross on him which hopefully fernando will make good use.
just remember pires was ****** when he came here first
JAMIE '  ILL STAY TILL THE CLUB DOSENT WANT ME  ' CARRAGHER
Rafas Amigo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FrankM » Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:16 pm

Rafas Amigo wrote:he needs time to ajust , he seems to have a good cross on him which hopefully fernando will make good use.

Is that why we let him go to the Gooners?
FrankM

Postby 109-1105722616 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:17 pm

FrankM wrote:
Rafas Amigo wrote:he needs time to ajust , he seems to have a good cross on him which hopefully fernando will make good use.

Is that why we let him go to the Gooners?

stop messing about, he meant when he came to play in the premiership

from watching liverpool this season, i have noticed that we dont have no problem getting down the wing and getting balls in, its just nobody seems to be there to connect with them.

i think when morientes plays the contribution of the wingers will be noticed more and everybody will get off the back of nunez and kewell

one point to notice, nunez seems like he cant cross first time, and everytime he gets the ball, he likes to take an extra touch before putting it in the box.  this means the defender can close him down, just annoys me that
109-1105722616

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion