Steven gerrard and unfair criticism... - Don't talk to me about fickle.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:48 am

Some of the comments on these boards over the last few weeks have made me laugh out loud to be totally honest. Gerrard is "a disgrace", need's a "kick up the erse", needs to be "fecked off out of the team" etc etc. This is the same Gerrard which put a chance on a plate for Torres in the dying seconds yesterday, the same Gerrard which despite being well below his best and patently being short of fitness all season, has STILL been our best player bar none.

All the while we have bodies just filling spaces in the team who are patently below the required standard, a manager who is having a really catastrophic time of things, a completely disfunctional formation which doesn't show anybody in the correct light, but it's all Gerrards fault :laugh:. The manager should drop him. This is the same manager who wouldn't be at Liverpool and would have been gone years ago had Gerrard not won two cup finals for him and dug him out of the sh!t on countless occasions.

People call others fickle :D, feck me. "Support the team and the players", do me a favour.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:53 am

And before it gets lumped in with the "lets slag Gerrard off" thread, this is not the same subject. This is for those who appreciate what the captain brings to the team even while he's injured, and what he has brought to the team over the last decade to have their say. I'm not saying that anybody who comes in and posts a contrary view should be banned or anything because that would be obviously utterly ridiculous, but this is a different thread to that one.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:59 am

Mick he has been very poor this season by his standards, you cannot be making posts about people being fickle and sarcastic with it.

We havent seen the Steven gerrard of old this season, he hasnt got into double figures on the goal scoring front either, that tells its own story.

He has been injured and is still having pain killing injections which might be effecting his game, and he wants to go the WC and I dont blame him its his last chance, and he doesnt want to get injured like he missed the last one through injury.

Him and Torres deserve to be playing with better players thats a given, they hardly recieve no service from midfield and his link up play with torres hasnt been the same this season as previous ones due to Alonso leaving.

To say he's been great would be lieing cause he hasnt, whether its due to injury, him wanting to leave, he's given up on the manager and is sick of playing with dross around him, only he knows the answers to these questions.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:02 am

I agree that he has came in with a lot of unfair criticism considering this is probably the only really bad season i can remember him having (for his standards)

At the end of the day, the reason why players like Torres and Gerrard get frustrated its because the team is underperforming and they get the feeling that they are fed up of carrying lesser players around them.

People complain about Gerrard's poor work rate on the pitch.. I think its down to injury and poor fitness more than anything. He still puts his heart into the game.. against Pourtsmouth he created the first goal from determination to close down their keeper. His legs just cant really keep up with him anymore.
Fauxy

Postby Kerry07 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:02 am

Agree completely

I have total sympathy for Gerrard as hes suffered hugely playing infront of a non produtive, non creative central midfield that have no control of games and provide no service.

His comments in December stating he was "devastated" Alonso was no longer here and we've missed creativity/service from central midfield pretty much confirmed it
"Its not just any other club" C.Tyldsley
"Liverpool are a special institution" X.Alonso
"Anfield es un templo de fútbol" AS
"The English club prove miracles do exist" D.Maradona
"Theres not one club in the world so united with its fans. Liverpool fans sent shivers down my spine" J.Cruyff
Kerry07

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:03 am

hes been giving 60% effort this season and picking up a massive pay cheque

dont matter who you are in any job, if your doing that you will be in for some criticism
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:05 am

By his standards Lynds he's been below his best, but he's still been our best player (tell me one who's been better, Masherano perhaps but even then his partnership with Lucas has been a disaster). You've got numpties claiming that he's only interested in his pay cheque, should be fecked off out of the team and out of the club, he's a disgrace and all that old sh!t. Comparing him to Aquilani :laugh: Does anybody seriously think that if Aquilani or any of the other foreign players was having to have injections every week that they'd be playing? Would they feck, they'd be laid up for six months.

Some of the criticism on here from the likes of Emerald Red for Gerrard has been a joke. So desperate are some of them to be eventually proven right on the manager that they'll criticise anybody else just to fit their agenda. I repeat, even though he's been sh!t he's still been our best player.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:08 am

Seeing the club - and Gerrard, more accurately - thru rose-tinted glasses again...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:09 am

Agreed mick, however he is not our best player this season and is not performing his very best.

He is still a key player but would not blame him if he left us in the summer
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:11 am

id say if gerrard has one eye on the world cup id urge him to reconsider

cause on current form he shouldnt get in englands first team
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:13 am

LittleHobo wrote:id say if gerrard has one eye on the world cup id urge him to reconsider

Agree 100%
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:16 am

LittleHobo wrote:id say if gerrard has one eye on the world cup id urge him to reconsider

When he played for England the other week he was brilliant, he hasnt been like that for us this season.

Ofcourse I am gratefull to have been fortunate to watch such a brilliant player this past decade, and I will wish him all the luck in the world should he seek pastures new in the summer, he has carried this club for long enough, and I appreciate that.

He will stay if Mourhino comes in but he wont if another manager comes in with another 5 year plan or if Rafa stays.
ofcourse I could be wrong but its just a gut feeling I have.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:21 am

for england this season hes been average as always

in the last game where he was captain he couldnt be assed to chase back everytime he lost the ball

maybe the game before that he was ok, but in the last one as captain he was slated
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:41 am

Who the hell said he should be out of the side. That's madness.

My main issue was with whether he should still be the Captain or not, not because of his poor form but because of his pi$$ poor attitude.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby sixbuster » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:53 am

stmichael wrote:Who the hell said he should be out of the side. That's madness.

My main issue was with whether he should still be the Captain or not, not because of his poor form but because of his pi$$ poor attitude.

What annoys/frustrates me most, is his seemingly :censored: poor attitude and percieved lack of fight. I keep giving him the benefit of the doubt regarding fitness but he needs to up it big time. Not a worthy captain at the minute.
Forever a red
sixbuster

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion