Should they stay or should they go now?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rafa D » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:59 pm

As many of you are aware I am a big believer in most of the lads that pull on that red shirt. I always give the players my full support at matches and try to pick out the positives in every player. I know what a difficult job Rafa and the lads have trying to keep up with the spending power of Manchester United and more recently Chelsea but I feel now with the new owners on board its time to make the step up.

In my opinion we have one of the top 5 managers in the world. He's tactically astute, he is very shrewd in the transfer market and he has the respect of players worldwide. He knows what he is doing and he is doing it very well so far. However the last 2 seasons has shown we are lacking in quality, not quantity, and this pre-season we must get it right if Rafa plans to change the fortunes of our club in the league.

In order to progress I feel we need to get rid of some of the players not up to scratch and bring in quality replacements.

Dudek - For me and most reds he should of left 2 years ago after Istanbul. He'll always be remembered for his heroics on that night but recently he's been an embrassment to this club. He doesn't have a clue and the recent attack on Liverpool doesn't bode well. Out in the summer. Keep Carson as back up.

Paletta - Seen him a few times and he has not impressed me at all. Looks clumsy and lost on the field. Came with a fairly big reputation but won't live up to it.

Mark Gonzalez - A few people have recently suggested that we should give him another season to acclimatise to the English football but I don't think he'll get any better. He has shown no potential to be anywhere near good enough for us and its time he left for me.

Fowler - Everything thats needs to be said has been said. It will be sad to see Robbie go, but he's not good enough.

Bellamy- Hasn't done enough for me. Looks like he tries hard but has hardly made any chances or looked like making anything. Not for me to be honest. Also with the impending arrival of a new striker, 5's too many. And he's the one who brings least to the team.

I'm not suggesting whole-sale changes like last summer, we seen what a detremential effect that had on our team at the start of last season. I just suggesting a trimming down of the squad with 2 or 3 quality replacements brought in.

A striker - Widely recognised that we are in great need of a world class striker. Eto'o, Villa and Torres are the names banded around. I don't know who we will go for but we need a quality striker.

A winger - left preferrably - Don't have a clue to be honest. Simao, Alves are once again supposed targets....

Possibly another full back also as when Finnan was out for Chelsea we looked very poor. Micah Richards would be perfect due to his adaptibility at right back or centre back.

We've got the manager.

We've got the chairmen.

No more excuses, next season we need to make our mark.
Last edited by Rafa D on Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:46 pm

Dudek - His contract is up, he will leave.

Paletta - Loan him out for a season, if not in the Premiership, in the Championship. But either way he needs to be playing regular first team football in England.

Mark Gonzalez - Loan him out to a Premiership team where he will be regularly.

Fowler - Let him go since we have signed Voronin, would have kept him otherwise.

Bellamy- Sell him if we can find a top class striker.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:52 pm

Imho the manager is the right man, he knows what he is doing(usually) and sets the team up to get the result, he just hasn't got the tools now, remember not so long ago under Houllier once we conceded you knew the best we would get is a draw, since Benitez we usually have chances to score in each game, good ones. Agree these players need to go, (But maybe another year for Gonzo),include Zenden in going, and lets get Cisse, Le tallec and Fsp off the books, way too many squad players i think in excess of 60.

We need a quality forward who can run with ball, and is strong, then i think kuyt will find the space and time to score.
Maybe Villa.

A quality cetre back, even if he's older, someone experienced,that will give agger time to put some muscle on and experience, same for Gonzo.

Don't need lots of players one /two top players could ignite the team. wtf would manure do without Ronaldo?? He's making shrek and gingerknt look good because of all the space he creates.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:14 pm

:no
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:16 pm

redtrader74 wrote:Imho the manager is the right man, he knows what he is doing(usually) and sets the team up to get the result, he just hasn't got the tools now, remember not so long ago under Houllier once we conceded you knew the best we would get is a draw, since Benitez we usually have chances to score in each game, good ones. Agree these players need to go, (But maybe another year for Gonzo),include Zenden in going, and lets get Cisse, Le tallec and Fsp off the books, way too many squad players i think in excess of 60.

We need a quality forward who can run with ball, and is strong, then i think kuyt will find the space and time to score.
Maybe Villa.

A quality cetre back, even if he's older, someone experienced,that will give agger time to put some muscle on and experience, same for Gonzo.

Don't need lots of players one /two top players could ignite the team. wtf would manure do without Ronaldo?? He's making shrek and gingerknt look good because of all the space he creates.

Ronaldo makes Rooney look good?

Thats rediculous. :no
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby RedRoots » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:20 pm

redtrader74 wrote:Imho the manager is the right man, he knows what he is doing(usually) and sets the team up to get the result, he just hasn't got the tools now, remember not so long ago under Houllier once we conceded you knew the best we would get is a draw, since Benitez we usually have chances to score in each game, good ones. Agree these players need to go, (But maybe another year for Gonzo),include Zenden in going, and lets get Cisse, Le tallec and Fsp off the books, way too many squad players i think in excess of 60.

Maybe Villa.

"Shrek" and "gingernut" are making themselves look good because they're quality players not because of make-up face.
RedRoots

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:21 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:

Maybe Villa.

Ronaldo makes Rooney look good?

Thats rediculous. :no

Sorry meant that he makes him look a better player, nothing can make him look good :D
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby RedRoots » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:23 pm

Are you for real?
RedRoots

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:26 pm

How s4it does he look in an england shirt then? because there is no one to make space and take defenders away from him.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby RedRoots » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:37 pm

Not the thread to have a debate about this but just think back to to the Milan match during the week Ronaldo done f/uck all in that match after a goal which Dida made a balls of, 2nd goal Scholes and Rooney quality 3rd goal Rooney quality, most players look sh1t for England.
RedRoots

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:39 pm

Let's just say Ronaldo makes the Stink's possition in the league look better in general, eh?

Anyway, about the topic: I agree with most of your sentiments, Rafa D.

Gonzalez - is nowhere near good enough for us and should be either loaned out or turfed out, and it's as simple as that.

Dudek - should keep, if only for possible league cup or F.A cup games that are a cert.

Paletta - had a stinker against Arsenal. Never really recovered from that since, has he? I'd give him a chance and play him in the League Cup games to see if he comes on any. Could be just a confidence issue.

Fowler - dead wood. End of. Sentimenal reasons are of no excuse to keep him.

Bellamy - try's; try's too hard to be really good enough. Never really finds himself in the right possitions in the box enough to be what we need: a prolific scorer. Should be sold!

Zenden - well, he's gone either way.

Luis Garcia - ?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:42 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Let's just say Ronaldo makes the Stink's possition in the league look better in general, eh?

Gonzalez - is nowhere near good enough for us and should be either loaned out or turfed out, and it's as simple as that.

Dudek - should keep, if only for possible league cup or F.A cup games that are a cert.

Paletta - had a stinker against Arsenal. Never really recovered from that since, has he? I'd give him a chance and play him in the League Cup games to see if he comes on any. Could be just a confidence issue.

Bellamy - try's; try's too hard to be really good enough. Never really finds himself in the right possitions in the box enough to be what we need: a prolific scorer. Should be sold!

Luis Garcia - ?

dead wood??bit of respect pls, surplus to requirement a better description
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:51 pm

redtrader74 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Let's just say Ronaldo makes the Stink's possition in the league look better in general, eh?

Luis Garcia - ?

dead wood??bit of respect pls, surplus to requirement a better description

Well, from how he's been treated this season, he might as well be. He might as well be carrying the water and slicing the half time oranges for that matter.

I would rather remember Fowler for the predator he was, than see him sit on the bench time and time again.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:15 pm

Out of the 11 that started only 3 need to stay, Hyypia, Alonso, and Sissoko.
The rest well nothing more to say really.
I knew we would get beat today I said it last night when I seen who had travelled down there.
P.issed of yes of course but we put up a better fight than that of the second half against Newcastle, that pathetic display at Villa and the first half against Boro the other week with most first teamers playing.
Maybe they should all go :D
Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:26 pm

agree with all those selected, inc bellamy.

But part of me does feel sorry for him, as - according to him anyway - he's not been allowed to show us what we can do. He's been told to play off the shoulder of the last defender. He's not allowed to come deep. At blackburn thats where he excelled, how he created space, set up goals with 1-2s etc. but the welsh news has been reporting that he's publicly stated that rafa has told him not to come deep (that being kuyts and crouch's role) he's being told just to stay on the last defender and thats it, and he even gets told off if he tries to come deep to help with the link up play. - if he wants space he has to go to the channels - therefore if there's a fast defender marking him, he's out of the game

dont know how much truth there is in that, but its been mentioned in the local welsh news a couple of times now.

even so, i still agree, he's not the standard we require, and should be looking for a replacement
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion