Should they stay or should they go now?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:25 pm

read my post dickwad...i said these are players that "will/should"...that means players who i think will leave OR should leave.  I think Sami will leave..i don't want him to, but i think at his age he wont want to be spending his last few years on the bench.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:31 pm

7_Kewell wrote:read my post dickwad...i said these are players that "will/should"...that means players who i think will leave OR should leave.  I think Sami will leave..i don't want him to, but i think at his age he wont want to be spending his last few years on the bench.

Touch a nerve?

You're asuming (again not knowing what you're talking about) that Hyypia won't want to stay. Why not wait untill he says otherwise which he clearly has never even once hinted at let alone said?

You don't half chat some rubbish!

:laugh:
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:35 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:read my post dickwad...i said these are players that "will/should"...that means players who i think will leave OR should leave.  I think Sami will leave..i don't want him to, but i think at his age he wont want to be spending his last few years on the bench.

Touch a nerve?

You're asuming (again not knowing what you're talking about) that Hyypia won't want to stay. Why not wait untill he says otherwise which he clearly has never even once hinted at let alone said?

spew the red...you're a gob$*i*e and judging from your warnings you'll be banned (again) pretty soon.  I'm voicing an opinon...just like yours that Rafa should be sacked because he won't play fowler  :D

How many goals did he score yesterday? beings the worlds greatest, i'm assuming he scored 10 but they were all ruled against him
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:35 pm

Infact why don't we sell Gerrard?

He may not want to spend another season playing in the same team as completely inferior players. :D
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:36 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:Infact why don't we sell Gerrard?

He may not want to spend another season playing in the same team as completely inferior players. :D

why don't we give Fowler a 5 year contract...bring back rush too because he's still got a "world class touch"  :D   what do you think Spew?
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:39 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:

Touch a nerve?

spew the red...you're a gob$*i*e and judging from your warnings you'll be banned (again) pretty soon.  I'm voicing an opinon...just like yours that Rafa should be sacked because he won't play fowler  :D

How many goals did he score yesterday? beings the worlds greatest, i'm assuming he scored 10 but they were all ruled against him

I'm a gob$*i*e?  :laugh:

Clueless lad, sheer comedy value

Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:40 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:Infact why don't we sell Gerrard?

why don't we give Fowler a 5 year contract...bring back rush too because he's still got a "world class touch"  :D   what do you think Spew?

Yes I still think we should sign Ian Rush...

Can't you do better than that?
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:43 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:

Touch a nerve?

I'm a gob$*i*e?  :laugh:

At least I back my opinions up with something other than what some pathetic third rate manager says.

I also never said Benitez should be sacked... so where you got that from I don't know.

And again if you actually watched the game yesterday you'd have seen Fowler was the only real goalthreat we had but due to a lack of supply wasn't able to score a legitimate goal.

Still, I suppose you're going to sit there and say he was rubbish again aren't you...

Clueless lad, sheer comedy value

Fowler STILL hasn't got a goal from open play in the league...3 goals from the spot in what, 14 matches?

You've been slagging off Rafa for not playing Fowler.  EVERYONE can see he can't get in the team because he's past it...but you seem to think we should be running a charity and give up 3rd place by fielding a weaker side. I've seen the match...it was poor from us and Fowler was no exception. He STILL can't keep up with the pace and he still gets found out by younger fitter defenders.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:48 pm

I think we currently have a good 23 man squad that is comfortably better than anything outside of the top 4. But from my experience it’s always those special individuals that win you titles and the only one we have is Gerrard.

Goals from midfield win you the title, Ronaldo, Lampard, Pires, etc. We play a 4 in midfield with two fairly disciplined central midfielders, so the goals have to come from the wide midfield players. Imagine if we had Ronaldo instead of Pennant, how many more points would be have? We have many team players but I feel we need some excellent individuals to help us win the title. I special wide player and a special striker would take us to a new level.

I’m not ready to discard Paletta and Gonzalez yet. I think we should attempt to find them good loan deals in England were they would play every week and re-evaluate at the end of the season.

So targets in the summer for me would be a forth choice centre back, a left midfielder and a striker of genuine quality. And we could find a quality right sided midfielder I would let Pennant go.

From the little I have seen none of the reserves and youngsters none are ready to be part of the first team squad, we should attempt to get them loan deals were we can.

Reina
                              Carson
                              Padelli

Finnan         Carragher        Agger        Aurelio
Arbeloa          ?????           Hyypia        Riise

?????           Alonso          Gerrard        ?????
Garcia       Mascherano       Sissoko      Kewell

Kuyt              ?????
                  Voronin          Crouch

Out on loan:

Paletta
Gonzalez

Sell:

Pennant (Possibly)
Fowler
Dudek
Bellamy
Zenden
Pongolle
Le Tallec
Cisse

We can challenge for the title next season but only if we sign two or three high quality players who are ready to go straight into the team and perform.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:49 pm

Whats quite comical is you turn every debate into a Fowler debate just because you got it completely and utterly wrong and it absoloutely grates your nerve. Not once did I mention Fowler... Who again wasn't bad yesterday.

You then proceed by asking do I think we should bring back Rush and Barnes? Do you actually think thats funny or even rellivant and do you actually think theres a comparrison with Rush and Barnes who are in there fourties and haven't played professional football for the best part of ten years to a player who both this and last season has still pretty much played and scored in alot of games?

Then when that has no effect you start saying things like "Spew"...

I mean come on seriously? Can you not do any better than that? A five year old could probably come up with something better than that.

On a side note...

The only time you post more than a couple of lines is by putting a word on each line...

this
because
you
don't
have
a
clue
about
footall.

" :D "
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:49 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Out on loan:

Paletta
Gonzalez

I wouldn't bother sending Gonzalez out on loan...he's cack, simple.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:53 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:Whats quite comical is you turn every debate into a Fowler debate just because you got it completely and utterly wrong and it absoloutely grates your nerve. Not once did I mention Fowler... Who again wasn't bad yesterday.

You then proceed by asking do I think we should bring back Rush and Barnes? Do you actually think thats funny or even rellivant and do you actually think theres a comparrison with Rush and Barnes who are in there fourties and haven't played professional football for the best part of ten years to a player who both this and last season has still pretty much played and scored in alot of games?

Then when that has no effect you start saying things like "Spew"...

I mean come on seriously? Can you not do any better than that? A five year old could probably come up with something better than that.

On a side note...

The only time you post more than a couple of lines is by putting a word on each line...

this
because
you
don't
have
a
clue
about
footall.

" :D "

if i'm so clueless spew, why is it YOU keep getting banned from here for

racist
abusive
personal
offensive
remarks  :D

don't tell me...EVERYONE'S wrong  :laugh:

The only things that grates me is having players at LFC who arn't good enough...Gonzalez for example.  But to listen to your :censored: about how one of our worst players should be give 'a chance' every match is a joke. My point about Rush and Barnes is they stayed for WAY past their best and that dragged us down with it. You seem to be from the opion of the mid 90's..."they are legends we can't sell them" Sorry, but if you're not good enough then you go...simple.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:57 pm

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has warned a host of his stars that their futures are on the line.

Benitez has revealed that he launched an uncharacteristic attack on his own players following their UEFA Champions League semi-final first leg defeat to Chelsea earlier this week.

The 2005 European champions went down 1-0 at Stamford Bridge and Benitez was furious with the display he witnessed and he told a number of players they are playing for their futures at the club.

"Yes I was very angry after the first game. I was angry with myself, my staff and my players because we had not performed," Benitez told the Sunday Mirror.

"I cannot analyse the future of a player in one or two games, but some players must realise that they are playing for a European Cup final and for their futures.

"Things can change quickly and decisions over whether you stay with a top side or leave do depend on these next weeks.

"From the outside people think I am calm and often that is the best way to get your message across even if you are angry inside.

"But this was the semi-final of the Champions League and I had to shout to get through to the players that they were wasting an opportunity."

Talks with Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Xabi Alonso, Jose Reina and Steve Finnan have all taken place in recent months - but Benitez confirmed that all new deals have been put on on hold.

"I have told the club to stop the negotiations because I want total concentration for the rest of the season," he confirmed.

That article was taken from sky sports.
66-1112520797

Postby babu » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:01 pm

Wow. That's a very uncharacterisitic quote from Rafa. Not sure what to make it of it.  ???

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:02 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:I think we currently have a good 23 man squad that is comfortably better than anything outside of the top 4. But from my experience it’s always those special individuals that win you titles and the only one we have is Gerrard.

Goals from midfield win you the title, Ronaldo, Lampard, Pires, etc. We play a 4 in midfield with two fairly disciplined central midfielders, so the goals have to come from the wide midfield players. Imagine if we had Ronaldo instead of Pennant, how many more points would be have? We have many team players but I feel we need some excellent individuals to help us win the title. I special wide player and a special striker would take us to a new level.

I’m not ready to discard Paletta and Gonzalez yet. I think we should attempt to find them good loan deals in England were they would play every week and re-evaluate at the end of the season.

So targets in the summer for me would be a forth choice centre back, a left midfielder and a striker of genuine quality. And we could find a quality right sided midfielder I would let Pennant go.

From the little I have seen none of the reserves and youngsters none are ready to be part of the first team squad, we should attempt to get them loan deals were we can.

Reina
                              Carson
                              Padelli

Finnan         Carragher        Agger        Aurelio
Arbeloa          ?????           Hyypia        Riise

?????           Alonso          Gerrard        ?????
Garcia       Mascherano       Sissoko      Kewell

Kuyt              ?????
                  Voronin          Crouch

Out on loan:

Paletta
Gonzalez

Sell:

Pennant (Possibly)
Fowler
Dudek
Bellamy
Zenden
Pongolle
Le Tallec
Cisse

We can challenge for the title next season but only if we sign two or three high quality players who are ready to go straight into the team and perform.

Goals from midfield help of course. But the fact is it doesn't matter where your goas come from as long as they come.

Options matter of course. But quality is important. Kewell has been a big loss for me and Although he's clearly lost a yard of pace which will prevent him getting as many goals in his first season, I still feel with a full season he should get around 7 or 8 league goals. Gerrard should get roughly around the same. Pennant 3-4 and Alonso 3-4.

I think Riise and Aurelio are capable of at least 6 or so between them and I think both Agger and Carrager can get 5 or 6 between them. We must have two strikers who are different and can score different types of goals consistently.

With a midfield of Kewell, Alonso, Gerrard and Pennant I feel there are plenty of goals and there is plenty of quality to control a game and create alot of chances for forward players.

I maintain we desperately need a centre half and AT LEAST two strikers. Apart from that we aren't in bad shape I don't think. The issues I have is I personally don't believe Rafa thinks we need at least two strikers and I don't believe he thinks we need a centre half either.

The squad for me should look like this...

Reina
                           Carson

Finnan        Carragher       ?_?_?_?_?        Riise
Arbeloa        Hyypia            Agger          Aurelio (think these two could rotate)

Pennant        Gerrard           Alonso              Kewell
Luis Garcia    Sissoko         Mascherano        Gonzalez

?_?_?_?_?     ?_?_?_?_?
                  ?_?_?_?_?       Fowler

The reality is, Bellamy and Fowler will leave. Crouch and Kuyt will stay and we'll have largely a similar season again next season with regards to the league.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion