Should they stay or should they go now?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redtrader74 » Mon May 07, 2007 5:16 pm

dawson99 wrote:jc takes charge of the defence. he has absolutely nothing to do with the other players. Everyone listesns to jc and knows that he doesnt need an armband to command respect. SG is captain as he motivates midfield and attack.

they are both captains, but there can be only one armband, and that belongs to SG

defence midfield and attack are not separate entities, you believe a defensive captains influence stops at the defence?? Do you even read what you write? Ever heard of Emlyn Hughs, Tony Adams, John Terry, Terry Butcher...

You say everyone listens to JC and then 'he has absolutely nothing to do with other players' which is it.

I believe he would be better, not that SG is a bad captain or player.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 07, 2007 5:30 pm

Redtrader, dont get the @rse. Stevie is better at motivating the attacking players. Just because jc shouts doesnt make him captain. He controls the defence, which if u ask me is a different entity.

SG gears up the players up front, leads by example. he is the one the players look to when something is needed.

and yes, i have heard of the hughes guy you mentioned.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon May 07, 2007 5:47 pm

I think both could be captains, both have the respect of the teammates and the opposition.

IMHO Carraguer does much more than gesticulate a lot, he's quite clever when adressing the ref in hot moments, as far as I can tell. I'll remember all my life when the ref conceded the penalty in the final of Istambul, if you watch it again (for 7th time or something) it's a good laugh to see how Carra approaches the oppo box, and says to everybody surrounding the Spanish ref "OFF, OFF" while gesticulating vehemently, I think he picks very well those approaches to the ref.

But of course, that's again about how you interpret body language.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 07, 2007 6:05 pm

Daglish wasn't liverpools captain but there is no doubt he was a great leader that all the players looked to. Some players don't need the arm band to be a leader, Carra is one. Gerrard seems to be learning and improving as a captain. I just think he needs to stop the England England England cr@p and leave that to Owen and co, and he will be Ok.
account deleted by request

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion