SEBASTIAN COATES - Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:55 pm

bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:38 pm wrote:
parchpea » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:12 pm wrote:Lets face it Coates is rubbish and even Carra on his last legs and now an over the brow Uncle Remus
is taking that centre back position.

If he was good enough the lad would be getting chances like Wisdom but is so far down the pecking order now
its impossible for him at Liverpool, still drawing a decent wage is a bonus.

Exactly, he's absolute poison. A waste of money. Worst of all, we have to pay him during his injury and can't now sell him to raise funds...
Every poster here knows that, 'cept that WUM posts for a reaction

On some level everyone posts for a reaction and that's what makes forums and social media fun, trick is not to take it so seriously and
just enjoy the debate, keeps us all amused.

End of that day we are all Liverpool fans and just express that in different ways.

This is a good forum and shame that people fall out now and then but just part of the course and passion for the club.

Just saying but back on topic..  :D
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:33 pm

Uncle Remus?? Jesus Christ :\
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:35 pm

When I was at school (this isn't relevant BTW ATM  :D) we had this kid well, he looked like a bloke in year 9 he was about 6ft 3/4. f*cking massive. And boy could he run, I think he was 200M county champ because his legs were so big that once he got going he ran like a f.ucking horse. Our P.E footie manager stuck him him the school football team (we had a great team) and his height, pace and strength was such an advantage.

He played upfront, the only problem he had, was his size 13 feet were like boat oars, or spoons when ever he got insight of goal and this bloke could easily miss an open goal and hit the corner flag. We all used to laugh at him.

Cut a long story short, his feet remind me of Coates who too IMO looks very cumbersome with the ball at his feet - he may be a decent defender although he looks slow on the turn but those feet would be better off used rowing down at Henley regatta.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:51 pm

devaney » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:45 pm wrote:Any chance of the Uruguayan FA paying his wages as he was injured on international duty?

the uruguayan fa dont have to pay his wages but neither do we because fifa brought in a global insurance policy a while ago that covers it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:05 am

That's at least some saving grace. I still say get rid. Any game I've seen him in he's been less than average. Sami Hyypia, he ain't ever gonna be..
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:25 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:22 pm

good to see the lad back doing a bit of jogging, id say he's a while away from kicking a ball though.
thanks for the post RBG.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:16 am

What's to become of him? We've got Agger, Skrtel, Toure and Sakho. All 4 of them are better than him. What a dilemma!
maypaxvobiscum

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:30 pm

he'l probably be sold id say.
shame though as i liked the lad and don't think he really got a chance. has he ever even played 3 consecutive games for us, i cant remember if he did.
hope he gets a move to a prem club
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:49 pm

i`d loan him out, i wouldnt sell just yet
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:41 pm

I think he's still injured.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:13 pm

I mean what could we possibly need a 6ft 5in CB for ? Who also happens to be pretty useful with the ball at his feet ,and has been known to even
score an audacious goal when required. . ???

I've actually  met Coates and he's a really humble down to earth fella ,who deserves the chance to impress Rodgers. I think he should look to the
way young John Flanagan was pilloried and slammed as not being good enough for the team ,and yet his passion and zest and no little ability shone
through on his debut....Flanagan has proved a lot of posters wrong ,particularly on this forum by making himself a veritable asset to the first team
never mind the squad.

Coates will be a great defender ,I just hope Liverpool have the foresight and patience to let it be for us.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:49 pm wrote:i`d loan him out, i wouldnt sell just yet

What he said....

A major injury has resulted in us not seeing much of the young defender and he needs a full season under his belt to show what he can do.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat May 17, 2014 2:51 am

Sebastian Coates is unsure about returning to Liverpool.

Coates left Anfield in January to rejoin former club Nacional on loan for the remainder of the season.

"I have been in contact with them (Liverpool), the situation is complicated but I want the best for Luis [Suarez] and for the team.

"Some players may not succeed in one place then do well in another one.

"We have to wait for the right moment and make the most of them."
maypaxvobiscum

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 18, 2014 5:58 pm

I think he will be one if not THE defensive star of the World Cup ,then subsequently snatched by a club who place particular emphasis on having a formidable
back four .....I honestly hope Rodgers decides to build our defence around his imposing presence,but if he deems Sakho a better player then I certainly wont
be holding my breath.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion