Season 2011-2012 - Who should we fear?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:16 pm

stmichael wrote:
Boocity wrote:I don't fear any of the top sides, I fear complacency against the so called minnows

this

Agree also.

Its frustrating that we beat Utd, City and Chelsea yet lost to Blackpool, West Ham and West Brom.  And going by pre season, our home form is still far superior to our away form.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:13 pm

I wait to see how well KK and Steve Clark motivate the lads.

If they're motivated, I fear no one.

If they cant be arsed and we lose to all the bottom 4 like we did last season then I wont bother watching.

I fear our own lads more than the opponents.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:32 pm

We will challenge for the title... And win the FA cup... Mark my words...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:32 pm

Boocity wrote:I don't fear any of the top sides, I fear complacency against the so called minnows

Best post in the thread.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:07 pm

I join the chorus singing this tune
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:18 pm

laza wrote:

isn't it what we always say every season?  :blush:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:06 pm

maguskwt wrote:
laza wrote:

isn't it what we always say every season?  :blush:

Yes because that's exactly what happens every season.  Against Arsenal manure and chelski last season, the usual top 4 along with us, we had 3 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss.  It's the home losses to Blackpool and wolves, and the away losses to Blackpool, blackburn, newcastle, west ham etc..
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:49 pm

The difference this year though is we haven't relied on a 1 in 1 out policy only to dip into bargain basement. Ok we still have some below par players but at the same time we have gone out and aqquired several players who themselves were the best performers for their clubs last year. So hopefully we have enough about us to kill off the smaller sides this year.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:16 am

I don't buy into the **** that it is complancency and mentality or whatever you may call it that makes you drop points vs the "small teams". It is called quality, nothing more, nothing less.

All teams have good days and bad days.
The difference is that if there is enough quality in a team even a "bad day" is enough to see it through.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:46 pm

Penguins wrote:I don't buy into the **** that it is complancency and mentality or whatever you may call it that makes you drop points vs the "small teams". It is called quality, nothing more, nothing less.

The difference is that if there is enough quality in a team even a "bad day" is enough to see it through.

In other words, strength in depth... and I believe we have improved in that department, not necessarily as much as we hoped for but our squad has more depth than the previous 2-3 seasons... let's see whether that will equate to more points in the league...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:11 pm

maguskwt wrote:
Penguins wrote:I don't buy into the **** that it is complancency and mentality or whatever you may call it that makes you drop points vs the "small teams". It is called quality, nothing more, nothing less.

In other words, strength in depth... and I believe we have improved in that department, not necessarily as much as we hoped for but our squad has more depth than the previous 2-3 seasons... let's see whether that will equate to more points in the league...

If do we have more depth this year but I dont think our first 11 is as strong as say 08/09.
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:27 pm

jacdaniel wrote:If do we have more depth this year but I dont think our first 11 is as strong as say 08/09.

in all fairness we'll struggle to match that side in the distant future. our first eleven that year was the best in europe imo with all the players at their respective peaks. torres was tearing defences to shreds, gerrard was the best player in europe that season, kuyt and benayoun scored 20 goals between them from wide areas, riera gave us great balance and mascherano/alosno dominated games. we also had a settled back four.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:08 pm

stmichael wrote:
jacdaniel wrote:If do we have more depth this year but I dont think our first 11 is as strong as say 08/09.

in all fairness we'll struggle to match that side in the distant future. our first eleven that year was the best in europe imo with all the players at their respective peaks. torres was tearing defences to shreds, gerrard was the best player in europe that season, kuyt and benayoun scored 20 goals between them from wide areas, riera gave us great balance and mascherano/alosno dominated games. we also had a settled back four.

yeah its certainly gonna take time to get back to that sort of level.  Players will need to gel and more signings etc.
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:53 pm

dundreamin wrote:In my opinion NOBODY watched the charity shield and if them 2 are the best teams we have nothing to fear. Balotelli needs medical help

:no
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion