4-2-3-1
40%
3-5-2
4%
other
8%

Total votes : 25

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:03 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Given the state of our defence, Glen Johnson OR an apprentice at RB, past their prime CB's and NO automatic 1st choice Left Back plus what seems like dozens of midfielders I don't know how anyone can realistically forcast our formation for the forthcoming season. Maybe Kenny's trying to confuse the opposition, he's certainly confused me.  :(

:laugh:

its what he does best!
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:18 am

2 very different styles of play offered by the trio of  ( Downing - Henderson - Carroll ) as opposed to ( Maxi - Kuyt - Suarez) .. Add C.Adam to the first group and S.Gerrard to the second and we have 2 strong attacking setups to choose from...

Obviously we'll mix it up but in terms of compatibility with a certain style of play, the 2 groups represent the best we have in the respective categories...

If we decide to play wide and have a midfield 5 with wide players throwing crosses in to be attacked by the forward and supporting midfielders then we might see something like this..

Lucas             Adam

Henderson              Meireles              Downing

Carroll

If we decide to play it short and rely more on a possession game with fullbacks providing the width and wide players pushing forward to support the forwards then we might see something like this

Lucas             Gerrard

Kuyt                       Aquilani              Maxi

Suarez

Good options to have for different styles of play... Obviously some players fit into both categories, and in reality we probably wont be as rigid as the setups above, but makes it interesting to see what kind of style we decide on for next season if all the players above remain put...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:03 am

aCe' wrote:2 very different styles of play offered by the trio of  ( Downing - Henderson - Carroll ) as opposed to ( Maxi - Kuyt - Suarez) .. Add C.Adam to the first group and S.Gerrard to the second and we have 2 strong attacking setups to choose from...

Obviously we'll mix it up but in terms of compatibility with a certain style of play, the 2 groups represent the best we have in the respective categories...

If we decide to play wide and have a midfield 5 with wide players throwing crosses in to be attacked by the forward and supporting midfielders then we might see something like this..

Lucas             Adam

Henderson              Meireles              Downing

Carroll

If we decide to play it short and rely more on a possession game with fullbacks providing the width and wide players pushing forward to support the forwards then we might see something like this

Lucas             Gerrard

Kuyt                       Aquilani              Maxi

Suarez

Good options to have for different styles of play... Obviously some players fit into both categories, and in reality we probably wont be as rigid as the setups above, but makes it interesting to see what kind of style we decide on for next season if all the players above remain put...

Tactically this makes some sense but it leaves us to obvious.  Like last season in Europe we were obvious when Carroll was our striker.. Get him the ball in a place he can score... But in all honesty it didn't work.  We will have both Carroll and Suarez start just about every game if they stay fit and are playing like we know they're capable. 

It allows us to play both the possession game and the crossing game.  Suarez is better at possession and Carroll the crosses, but we have dynamic midfielders.  Gerrard, Adam and Downing are all capable of putting a great ball into the box and they are also capable of playing a great possession game.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:48 am

woof woof ! wrote:Given the state of our defence, Glen Johnson OR an apprentice at RB, past their prime CB's and NO automatic 1st choice Left Back plus what seems like dozens of midfielders I don't know how anyone can realistically forcast our formation for the forthcoming season. Maybe Kenny's trying to confuse the opposition, he's certainly confused me.  :(

Is that what's got you bouncing your gums together Woof?

:D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:25 pm

The formation is going to fluid and changing throughout the season and even throughout the actual games - there will be no set formation as such - ie not set in stone .
Last edited by Benny The Noon on Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benny The Noon

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:20 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:

Back four is a nightmare, I'm honestly finding it difficult to forcast a first choice eleven Bam. But for what it's worth I'll go for

.                                 Reina

. Johnson       Carragher       Agger               ?

. Kuyt             Gerrard         Adam          Downing

.                      Carroll        Suarez

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:44 pm

Lucas is going to be regulary in the starting line up .
Benny The Noon

Postby mramo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:58 am

woof woof ! wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:

Back four is a nightmare, I'm honestly finding it difficult to forcast a first choice eleven Bam. But for what it's worth I'll go for

For now may I suggest, Insua? (pending on the Cissokho deal whether true or not)
mramo

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:15 am

mramo wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:

For now may I suggest, Insua? (pending on the Cissokho deal whether true or not)

No you may not .  :D
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:28 am

I agree with the people who say that there won't be a fixed formation for next season. We'll see formations and line-ups change for probably every match and through the match itself.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:56 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:

I'd probably place a question mark at LB too.  :D

I'd definitely pick young Robinson of Insua if they were our options.

Also Flannagan and Kelly will eventually need a more regular place in the side.

Flannagan        Kelly        Agger      Johnson     ?

Kelly               Carra        Agger (when not injured) Insua

Johnson          Carra         Kelly        Robinson

Flannagan       Carra         Agger       Johnson

Johnson          Kelly          Agger       Robinson

...... Oops forget Aurelio....

Skertel, Agger, Carra, Kelly CBs

Flanno, Johnson, Robinson, Insua, Aurelio.

Chris.t there is soooo many different variations of personnel to be picked from - I'm just going to let Kenny pick em.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:58 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Lucas is going to be regulary in the starting line up .

YOU hope.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:00 pm

In the away leg against brags last season I remember thinking to myself we need to change something and the best thing I could come up with is bring on Daniel Pacheco. Pacheco is a good player but still isn't at the level to compete in Europe

Now we have a great squad with also I suspect a new lb coming in.

I feel we have to sides that can easily beat 13 out of the 19 in the premier league.

Reina

Johnson
Carragher
Skrtel
India

Gerrard
Henderson
Adam

Suarez
Carroll
Downing

Jones/Doni

Kelly
Agger
Soto
Aurelio

Lucas
Aqualani
Meireles

Kuyt
Agog
J.Cole

The fact our player of the season last year is in my second team says how we've I'm proved. Also kuyt who played phenomenal last year only makes it in my second team. I have also not included a few of our good young players spearing flanagan Robinson shelvey Pacheco.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:57 am

Interesting that we never even contemplated playing a diamond formation given all the central midfield players we have... We also lack real wingers besides Downing (who is also capable of playing centrally)... The biggest worry when playing such a  formation is usually the fullbacks and their ability to bomb up and down the flanks.. In Johnson and Enrique we now have 2 decent options...

Would certainly solve quite a few selection problems at least in the short term...

Lucas
(Hendo)Meireles          Adam(Downing)
                   Gerrard(Aqua/Cole)
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:06 pm

this for me:
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext