Sack houllier

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby antz » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:18 pm

Hello Everyone,

I've been a Liverpool fan for 16 years, im only 21 so have been a Liverpool suppourter for a large portion of my life. Having read posts over the last couple of weeks I felt I had to register on the forum to air my annoynace and grief at the current plight. Leaving Anfield on saturday I was completly gutted reason being we lost but worst than that I wasnt surprised. GH has lost my suppourt, respect and my sympathy. His constant excuses and lack of vision are incredible. Prime example saturday's game he started with smicer up front with hesky and left pongelle on the bench, how many of you really thought smicer would get a goal playing as a striker. Pongelle's age is not a issue for me as im sure many a striker has played in the prem at the age of 19 including mr owen. I can admit it everyone can see it Emile heskey is not a top three club striker why can gh not accept this. All mangers make mistakes in the transfer market even ferguson but he deals with them correctly either cuts his losses or makes them play in the reserves until they justify they deserve a place in the wancs squad.  Im not going to waffle so this is what in a nutshell i think is the problem.

1. The team rely on Owen to score  need midfielders who contribute and a decent partner for Owen. Baros i think could be a solution but needs a long run and coaching.

2. Lack of pace in defence and midfield. In compariosn to top 3 Liverpool are a much slower team man to man which in the fast paced Prem is a disadvantage as the table shows.

3. The manager has no idea in the transfer market and lacks tactical skill. Example How many games have Liverpool won after going a goal behind ?

4. Simply a squad which is just not good enough as 9th in the lprem proves.

The solution of these probelms is simple get GH out and appoint martin o'neil not because i think he is the best manager in the world but because his the best of the managers i think would be avalible.

:(
antz

Postby redandblue » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:59 pm

Houllier should have gone long ago but Moores is an imbecile and won't sack him. We used to have the best club in the country both on and off the pitch. We had the best managers (Paisley) and the best chairman (John Smith). We now have a clown for a manager, a clown of a chairman. And some of our players are clowns.

The ONLY way of getting rid of GH is if fans start chanting for GH to get the sack. It would also help, in a smaller way, if all members of this board started writing letters to Rick Parry and David Moores, telling them what you think. They DO read them because I keep getting responses, even when I ask them not to respond.

I heard GH saying that real fans understand that we have injuries and that 'we suffer together' unlike the people who call radio phone ins who 'are not real fans'. I guess he would classify us as 'not real fans'.

The fans now need to get off their backsides and clamour for him to get the sack. Otherwise he will be here till the end of the season, and maybe longer.

But even if the fans sit there quietly, we may have to rely on Yeovil to do the job for us next month.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion