Sack houlier

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby peter450 » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:41 pm

i think he should be sacked hes the biggest waste of space ever.i also think heskey should go and f*ckin biscan.i think my worst fears will happen this season, whick is everton will finish above us.

pete
peter450

Postby jellyleggs » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:31 pm

Give him more time, hamman is nearly back to sure up the midfield. Everyone is quick to forget the improvements made from the souness demolition job. The season is still young, we just need to find the balance between attack and defence. We have been over commiting this season and being caught out too easily at the back. :cool:
jellyleggs

Postby den » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:22 pm

Houllier has brought Liverpool as far as he can.  The statistic of 14odd defeats in our last 30 matches should be enough.  He is too defence minded and has only allowed the team to open up and attack out of desperation.  Any man who believes in Bruno Cheyrou has got serious problems.  Defensively we are a mess and losing to the likes of Charlton and Portsmouth is an embarrassment that's all too common.  The only problem I see with sacking Houllier is everyone is touting Martin O' Neill as the answer.  Being manager of a team in a two horse league where there is little pressure is not enough to convince me.
den

Postby Cleman » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:23 am

GH said :"Don't worry Liverpool supporters, MU were 12 points behind Arsenal at one stage last season and still won it."
But I doubt GH has the same capability & game tactic creativity as Fergie to overtake Arsenal !!

GH said : "We could do much better with less injured players."
But you look at MU and Arsenal, they are also without few key players (Solskjaer, Brown, Viera, Ljungberg etc ) but their performance not greatly affected !!

GH said :"Our performance still good. Apart from the Aston Villa game we have had chances in every game."
But what we want is goals scoring and win 3 points. EPL title is definitely not giving to the team with most chances in 38 games !!

GH said: "I love this club and I love this job. It is as simple as that. So I won't quit."
But if GH really love this club, please leave and let other people to guide Liverpool back as one of the EPL title contender !!

GH said "This does not take away my enthusiasm away, just like it didn't take Bobby Robson's enthusiasm away when Newcastle struggled at the start of the season. As long as you have the appetite and enthusiasm that's good".
But the realistic is Newcastle has improved, ranked 10th in EPL table with 12 points (higher than Liverpool !). Newcastle is climbing up in the table, Liverpool the other way round !!

Inter Milan have sacked their coach Hector Cuper. The current result 8th place in the Series A is not enough to keep Cuper his job.
But why GH still in-charge after 3 consecutive Premiership defeats and sitting 11th in EPL table ??
Cleman

Postby THEBARON » Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:47 pm

It's Wednesday and GH is talking complete and utter bollox again. If you have SKY then  watch his interview on their Sports news channel and see what I mean. He accepts the performance wasn't good but is at a loss to explain why ! He seems to think that the players are tired because of the game in Turkey and then the European game in midweek. Strange but I seem to remember winning teams don't get tired ( remember the treble ) and Houllier saying the more games the better. How times change. Had we qualified for the Champions League then we would be playing more games so what would he be saying then ? Arsenal , Man Utd , Chelsea , Newcastle and Man City are all above us and all still in Europe. Do you here them moaning ? Houllier cites our injuries claiming that of 7 injuries 5 could be termed regulars. True enough ! and the run of injuries is bad but that is what you build up a squad for.. The team that started at Portsmouth were all full internationals , yes you say a lot from teams with low international standing , but who signed them ? Houllier continued to stand his ground and say he won't be quitting as he loves the club. He and the board hold a vision of where the club is going ! I wonder at the moment what that vision is. We play our reserve games at a non league ground...is that the vision ? But you  know my favourite part of the interview ??? Here goes   " Well we have the most shots on goals in the premiership "......... What a load of irrelevant and insulting gobsh##e. I can sleep happy in the knowledge that Liverpool FC ( still the most successful English team ) have got the highest no of shots on the goal/ The fact that we have lost 3 league games on the spin , are in the bottom half of the league and have lost more than we have won in the last 11 months are mere trivialities. Cut the spin and close the door after you.
THEBARON

Postby Redlester » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:01 pm

The Baron is spot on. We are 11th in the table - a disaster by any standards - does anyone know the stats on this, but is this our lowest ever placing since the premier leage started??? If it is then rather than hang in like grim death until he takes us into the First Division GH shoul do the decent thing and if he isn't capable of it the board should do it for him.
Redlester

Postby Cleman » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:11 am

Gerard Houllier has viewed Saturday clash with Leeds Utd  as "must-win" match

So, a loss, or a draw on this Saturday match should immediately end GH' job in Anfield. GH should leave if Liverpool fail to get 3 points !!

I personally won't watch live braodcasting for this match, I feel like a fool as a Liverpool supporter under GH in-charge for this season !!
Cleman

Postby JBG » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:01 pm

If it was any other club, any other chairman, or any other manager, a defeat against Leeds would mean the managers job.

However, this is Mr. Moores, Mr. Houllier and Liverpool FC here, so unfortunately Houllier will be around for a while longer, regardless of results.

:angry:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:40 pm

I have been a big supporter of GH, and regonise what he has achieved for the club, he brought a seriously declining squad into one which is capable of being amongst the top three in England.  But i think his illness has seriously effected him, no longer does he go on scouting missions during the internation break, instead he goes on holiday to france. also in his press conferences he seems to be less charasmatic and enthausastic, if houllier can not give his whole heart and fuull attention to the club, then he must do the hounarble thing and resign at the end of the season, i predict there will be an amicable agreement at the end of the season where he parts company with the club of takes a boardroom position, i only hope that we appoint either Gordan Strachan or Gus hiddink, contrasting styles but both effective in their own ways, THANK YOU HOULLIER for what you have done but now the time is righr to part

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:41 pm

Houllier describes every match as "a must win match" and the loses it.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion