ROY HODGSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tonyeh » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
tonyeh wrote:It's fucking amazing, this Benitez love in, it really is. There really are some gobshites that think the man could do no wrong at all despite all the evidence to contrary.

Are we really forgetting that bar one season (which he threw away), Liverpool were out of the league running by the halfway mark? A lucky CL final win ON PENALTIES in Istanbul, another final which was lost to dubious decisions, an FA cup final won on penalties again and that's really it.

He was an average manager that rode an incredible amount of luck, whose vaneer has finally rubbed away.

If we hadn't crawled back from 3-0 down in 2005, there's no way Benitez would have been around for 6 seasons.

Really, the record ain't that great.

I'll tell you what's amazing; that you can come onto a Liverpool supporters forum and get away with writing this :censored:. I'd have you instantly banned and f*cked off straight away for sounding like a bitter pr*ck. Seriously, you sound like you support someone else with a post like this.

What? For telling the truth?

I don't buy into the Benitez love in ER, it's as simple as that. Ra Ra flag waving is all well and good when there's something to back it up with. But, with the case of Benitez there wasn't that much to get excited over.

Sure, Istanbul was a great night. But, in hindsight, it was a knife-edge and could just as easily have gone the other way and I was left more disapointed with 08-09 season than hopeful.

For the majority of his tenure we played really underwhelming football coupled with incredibly frustrating managerial decisions, so it's very difficult for me to see him as the second coming.
tonyeh

Postby worcester_red » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:58 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:SON: Dad, why doesn't Alonso play for Liverpool anymore? I remember him saying how he loved the city, the fans and the club. He was brilliant with Gerrard.

DAD: Because our manager wanted to buy Gareth Barry

SON: why?

DAD: Errr....

SON: Dad, why doesn't Alonso play for Liverpool anymore? I remember him saying how he loved the city, the fans and the club. He was brilliant with Gerrard.

DAD: Because he wanted to play for one of the best clubs in the world in his home country

SON: Oh what about this Barry saga

DAD: Well Alonso had a couple of average seasons at the club so the manager was looking for improvement so looked to buy a current england international to work alongside Gerrard as they dovetailed pretty well for England .

SON: What happened next

DAD: Well in the end the price for Barry was too much and also no one wanted to pay for Alonso at the asking price of 15 mil

SON: 15 mil wow thats cheap , cant believe he was bought that cheap

DAD: Well he didnt go for that cheap son , Alonso then went on and had a great season for us - prob his best in a Liverpool shirt and because of that Real Madrid came knocking with a 30 million pound bid

SON: Wow thats a lot of money for him

DAD: Yes - not bad profit for someone we only paid 10 million for .

SON: How come he played so well in his last season

DAD: Who knows son

SON: Did this happen in the last week

DAD: No son - a couple years ago now but some people cant let it go and use it to beat the manager up with .

SON: So what did Rafa do with the transfer moeny from Alonso then.
DAD: Well contrary to myth he was actually allowed to spend it.
SON: So who did he buy, someone amazing I bet.
DAD: Well yes and no, he bought a player who was injured for the first 6 months, then Rafa changed his mind about him and hardly played him despite him offering far more than Lucas.
SON: So where is he now then?
DAD: The club loaned him out with a ridiculously small buyout clause, far less than that paid for him and he is currently playing fantastic.
worcester_red

Postby tonyeh » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:59 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Maybe you should read it then - might provide a little insight for you . As for our previous manager - looking around it seems to me that you seem to be constantly bringing him up - He has gone - get over it .

I seem to be "constantly bringing him up" do I?

HA HA...you donkey.

As for him being gone, yeh I know. Not before time either.

Go read the New manager thread where people are talking about people being lined up to be the new manager and there you are going on about previous manager .

That's "always" bring him up, is it?

You clown.

Of course, to you I'm "always" bringing him up because you you don't like what I have to say about him.

If I was one of the cherubs, you wouldn't bat an eyelid.
tonyeh

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:59 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Maybe you should read it then - might provide a little insight for you . As for our previous manager - looking around it seems to me that you seem to be constantly bringing him up - He has gone - get over it .

HA HA...you donkey.

Yes it was great he left and things have massively improved since

Oh - they have got even worse havent they .

here's a question for you...would Rafa still be here with Nesv in charge?

Personally, i doubt it very much. He would have thrown his toys out of the pram (again) slagged them off to the media and got the boot.

Those who pine for Rafa need to realise he wouldn't be here, regardless of if we kept him or not last summer.

You have no idea if he would be or here not if NESV were in charge - anything else is pure specualtion .

If the owners backed him then i cant see he would of had a problem with them so its hard to say yes or no .

Anyway this thread is about our current manager who is currently breaking all kinds of records as Liverpool manager - shame its all the wrong records

So what is the opinion on him as opposed to constantly bringing up the old manager - is that the defence for the amazingly pathetic effort Hodgson is currently doing as manager .
Benny The Noon

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:59 pm

Emerald Red wrote:coming from the guy who said on here he was 'packing in' suppoorting Liverpool FC with Roy in charge  :laugh:

Get.

To.

F*ck.

BTW, I said I was jinging watching us play. So far, I've held up to that promise. Looks like a few thousand people at Anfielld last game there are too.[/quote]
play with the words all you like lad. Only a fool would say such a stupid comment and for you to question other people's support is laughable.

You support the club until the day you die and not a moment before.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:01 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:You have no idea if he would be or here not if NESV were in charge - anything else is pure specualtion .

If the owners backed him then i cant see he would of had a problem with them so its hard to say yes or no .

Anyway this thread is about our current manager who is currently breaking all kinds of records as Liverpool manager - shame its all the wrong records

So what is the opinion on him as opposed to constantly bringing up the old manager - is that the defence for the amazingly pathetic effort Hodgson is currently doing as manager .

usual GYBS cr@p
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:04 pm

tonyeh wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
tonyeh wrote:

HA HA...you donkey.

Go read the New manager thread where people are talking about people being lined up to be the new manager and there you are going on about previous manager .

You clown.

Of course, to you I'm "always" bringing him up because you you don't like what I have to say about him.

Suggest you go read the thread about would people prefer Rafa back where i have stated all the Rafa talk needs to stop - on BOTH sides of the fence .

He has gone , he is no longer part of the club and hasnt been for 6 months plus now , what he has achieved cant not be undone or rewritten .

The talk should now be about the guy who replaced him - the guy people stated would do a better job and is currently doin a far worse job .

So lets just leave Rafa to the history books and conentrate on the future .
Benny The Noon

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:05 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:coming from the guy who said on here he was 'packing in' suppoorting Liverpool FC with Roy in charge  :laugh:

Get.

To.

F*ck.

BTW, I said I was jinging watching us play. So far, I've held up to that promise. Looks like a few thousand people at Anfielld last game there are too.

play with the words all you like lad. Only a fool would say such a stupid comment and for you to question other people's support is laughable.

You support the club until the day you die and not a moment before.[/quote]
What play on words are you even talking about? And what part of get to f*ck don't you understand? Are your eyes painted on? I called it well before the oul kunt even got appointed, and have I been wrong so far? Roy Hodgson, never was, never will be and isn't a manager of this football club. I've not watched one full game this season with him in charge, and it'll remain that way.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:06 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:You have no idea if he would be or here not if NESV were in charge - anything else is pure specualtion .

usual GYBS cr@p

Really ? Is what im saying about our current manager wrong then ? Do you not have a counter argument or do you agree with what im saying ?

Surely yoou can come up with something a bit more insightful or are you truely stumped when the truths smashes you hard in the face .
Benny The Noon

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:07 pm

tonyeh wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
tonyeh wrote:It's fucking amazing, this Benitez love in, it really is. There really are some gobshites that think the man could do no wrong at all despite all the evidence to contrary.

Are we really forgetting that bar one season (which he threw away), Liverpool were out of the league running by the halfway mark? A lucky CL final win ON PENALTIES in Istanbul, another final which was lost to dubious decisions, an FA cup final won on penalties again and that's really it.

He was an average manager that rode an incredible amount of luck, whose vaneer has finally rubbed away.

If we hadn't crawled back from 3-0 down in 2005, there's no way Benitez would have been around for 6 seasons.

I'll tell you what's amazing; that you can come onto a Liverpool supporters forum and get away with writing this :censored:. I'd have you instantly banned and f*cked off straight away for sounding like a bitter pr*ck. Seriously, you sound like you support someone else with a post like this.

I don't buy into the Benitez love in ER, it's as simple as that. Ra Ra flag waving is all well and good when there's something to back it up with. But, with the case of Benitez there wasn't that much to get excited over.

Sure, Istanbul was a great night. But, in hindsight, it was a knife-edge and could just as easily have gone the other way and I was left more disapointed with 08-09 season than hopeful.

For the majority of his tenure we played really underwhelming football coupled with incredibly frustrating managerial decisions, so it's very difficult for me to see him as the second coming.

Listen - he won us a European Cup and none of you w@nkers can give the man credit for it. That's the stuff that makes managers of this club legend. If you don't think so, then f*ck off and support someone else.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:13 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
tonyeh wrote:

HA HA...you donkey.

You clown.

Suggest you go read the thread about would people prefer Rafa back where i have stated all the Rafa talk needs to stop - on BOTH sides of the fence .

He has gone , he is no longer part of the club and hasnt been for 6 months plus now , what he has achieved cant not be undone or rewritten .

The talk should now be about the guy who replaced him - the guy people stated would do a better job and is currently doin a far worse job .

So lets just leave Rafa to the history books and conentrate on the future .

GYBS, nobody really gives a shite on what you state. You'll need to understand that. Just because you've stated a particular position, it doesn't mean anything.

You'll also need to understand that Benitez will be a topic of conversation for some time to come and when he's brought up in that conversation, no doubt there will be replies. No doubt he'll be brought up as a side issue too.

And no-one is re-writing anything, people are discussing his tenure at the club. It matters not whether he's been gone for 6 months or 6 years. people will still discuss it, positively and negatively.

If YOU don't wish to talk about Rafael Benitez, then don't talk about Rafael Benitez.
tonyeh

Postby tonyeh » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:14 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Listen - he won us a European Cup and none of you w@nkers can give the man credit for it. That's the stuff that makes managers of this club legend. If you don't think so, then f*ck off and support someone else.

Be quiet Dustin.
tonyeh

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:18 pm

We played 15 Champions League matches in 04/05 season...not 1.  Winning such a competition with players like Biscan and Traore in your squad is far from lucky.  Conceding 3 goals and having 2 players injured by half time in the final was hardly lucky was it?  None of our goals were lucky were they? 

The FA Cup in 2006...have we suddenly forgot that we beat the Mancs + Chelsea on the way to the final?  The only lucky part of that final was Paul Konchesky's goal.

CL final 2007:  Have we forgot that AC Milan's free kick took a wicked deflection into our net on the stroke of half time?
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:27 pm

Toneyh you wanna go talk about previous manager then go and do it in the appropriate thread in another section . This thread is about our current manager - is there nothing you want to say about the record breaker?
Benny The Noon

Postby Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:28 pm

You Liverpool fans are funny. Rafa was great for you lot, and he got loads of applause, but because some people now see he isn;t the messiah, people are screaming and crying. That Benny chap is hilarious by the way. I read the title wrong, this is a Hodgson thread yes?

If it helps the pros.. all the fans of all the other teams in the premiership would love you to get him back :D
Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion