ROBERTO FIRMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:48 am

Nothing to do with price tag. When I'm criticising him, I'm not thinking about what we've paid for him. It's just to do with wether he is contributing or not.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:52 am

Penguins » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:30 pm wrote:Maybe half the price would had been close to reasonable, but since when do lfc do reasonable   :)

Right now at his current form he isn't worth 1m..He is the invisible man....I would rather have a player which gets everything wrong then one that hides from the game.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:32 pm

And yet it was his impressive assist that created the winning goal against Leicester !! He has been incredibly disappointing apart from that and a decent performance against City. Hopefully he will get better. It took Ozil a while and look at him now. He must have something when you look at his stats in Germany.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:40 pm

He's showing very very little to suggest he'll turn it around. He only seems to show up when sides give him the space and time to do what he wants on the ball. Only 1 or 2 sides have been naive enough to leave such spaces against us or anyone else for that matter. Ozil is supremely talented, so are the likes of Depay, Di Maria, Hazard, etc. who might struggle for form but their quality shows -at least in glimpses- when they're on the pitch. I havent seen enough of that from Firmino to suggest he'll turn into a world beater when he's on form. Best case scenario, he'll turn into a L.Garcia kind of player for us, but he'll need to offer more of a goal threat to reach that level; doesnt have the same flair our little Spaniard had.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:32 pm

aCe' » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:40 pm wrote:He's showing very very little to suggest he'll turn it around. He only seems to show up when sides give him the space and time to do what he wants on the ball. Only 1 or 2 sides have been naive enough to leave such spaces against us or anyone else for that matter. Ozil is supremely talented, so are the likes of Depay, Di Maria, Hazard, etc. who might struggle for form but their quality shows -at least in glimpses- when they're on the pitch. I havent seen enough of that from Firmino to suggest he'll turn into a world beater when he's on form. Best case scenario, he'll turn into a L.Garcia kind of player for us, but he'll need to offer more of a goal threat to reach that level; doesnt have the same flair our little Spaniard had.

He does look an awful buy atm (especially for £29m) but he wouldn't be the first player that needed a bit of time to settle at a club, hopefully he'll come good during the second half of the season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:24 pm

Brazilians ,struggle in this league ,and unless your blessed with a hunger and  appetite such as Suarez then  the pace of our game is a huge adjustment to South Americans.
I mean even Willian never found his game until his second season with Chelsea and look at how much he contributed to that title win. I'd say 'arguably' along with Hazard and Costa from an attacking stand point he was possibly one of their most influential players.

Patience is key in developing Firmino ,and playing to his strengths is vital if we really hope to include the artistry we know he can bring to this team.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:15 pm

Thought he looked a bit lightweight again but to be fair to the lad he hit the post and should have had two assists, Ibe should have hit his shot first time instead of trying to come inside on his favoured right peg and Benteke blew another one on one after Firmino put him clean through.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:15 am wrote:Thought he looked a bit lightweight again but to be fair to the lad he hit the post and should have had two assists, Ibe should have hit his shot first time instead of trying to come inside on his favoured right peg and Benteke blew another one on one after Firmino put him clean through.

I thought he was terrible. Offered us pretty much nothing and for large parts of the game Coutinho was actually taking up his space because he wasnt showing for the ball enough. Again, he continued to lose the ball too easily and miss simple passes.

I think we need to drop him for a game or two and give the likes of Ibe and Teixeira a chance to stake a claim.

Also, if we want to continue playing the 4-2-3-1, we might want to consider bringing in a player -or recalling Markovic if possible- in January to give us more options in the 3 AM spots.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:54 pm

aCe' » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:29 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:15 am wrote:Thought he looked a bit lightweight again but to be fair to the lad he hit the post and should have had two assists, Ibe should have hit his shot first time instead of trying to come inside on his favoured right peg and Benteke blew another one on one after Firmino put him clean through.

I thought he was terrible. Offered us pretty much nothing and for large parts of the game Coutinho was actually taking up his space because he wasnt showing for the ball enough. Again, he continued to lose the ball too easily and miss simple passes.

I think we need to drop him for a game or two and give the likes of Ibe and Teixeira a chance to stake a claim.

Also, if we want to continue playing the 4-2-3-1, we might want to consider bringing in a player -or recalling Markovic if possible- in January to give us more options in the 3 AM spots.

Pretty much agree with that Ace except I'd rather see what tex can do because ibe hasn't a clue where the net is.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:01 pm

I want to see Tex feature myself. Apart from the appearance i think it was in the league cup, we have not seen him.
I feel his got a lot of potential, just needs game time.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Octsky » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:45 am

i think we need to fully judge him base on his second season performance,
the epl is not a easy league to adapt as first.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:28 am

Same could be said about Markovic. He deserves another shot with us under JK.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby SkippyRed » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:43 pm

There is a player there in Firmino, I just feel our set up is not right for him.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:29 pm

I felt he did well tonight.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:33 pm

redshade » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:29 pm wrote:I felt he did okay tonight.

Effort wise he did great but he isn't paid just to run....Should really do much much better in passing and shooting.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion