ROBERTO FIRMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:34 pm

I almost felt embarrassed watching him out there again. He just gets worse and worse. At some point, he passed to Milner who was on the floor. To say he needs to improve drastically to justify his inclusion in the starting 11 (never mind his price tag) is an understatement. I keep saying to myself, he has it in him, theres a player in there, hes a playmaker/goalscorer/flair player, etc. We need to give someone else a chance, and we need to do it soon.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:40 pm

aCe' » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:34 pm wrote:I almost felt embarrassed watching him out there again. He just gets worse and worse. At some point, he passed to Milner who was on the floor. To say he needs to improve drastically to justify his inclusion in the starting 11 (never mind his price tag) is an understatement. I keep saying to myself, he has it in him, theres a player in there, hes a playmaker/goalscorer/flair player, etc. We need to give someone else a chance, and we need to do it soon.

I thought he did okay tonight, he wasn't fantastic but he worked hard, closed Stoke's back line down and was involved in some nice build up play.
Probably should have had a goal too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:53 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:40 pm wrote:
aCe' » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:34 pm wrote:I almost felt embarrassed watching him out there again. He just gets worse and worse. At some point, he passed to Milner who was on the floor. To say he needs to improve drastically to justify his inclusion in the starting 11 (never mind his price tag) is an understatement. I keep saying to myself, he has it in him, theres a player in there, hes a playmaker/goalscorer/flair player, etc. We need to give someone else a chance, and we need to do it soon.

I thought he did okay tonight, he wasn't fantastic but he worked hard, closed Stoke's back line down and was involved in some nice build up play.

I agree ,the understanding he struck up with Coutinho before he was withdrawn conjured up some beautiful orchestrated football ,and his industry to close down Stokes forward play was a world away from his performance against the Hammerz. He done well.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:47 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:53 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:40 pm wrote:

I agree ,the understanding he struck up with Coutinho before he was withdrawn conjured up some beautiful orchestrated football ,and his industry to close down Stokes forward play was a world away from his performance against the Hammerz. He done well.

I'm surprised you guys thought he did well. If anyone finds a compilation of his touches on the night please post it. Watched the game with a friend of mine who was adamant Firmino was one of the worst buys in the history of the club. Kept a close eye on every touch he made and I have to say that at least on the ball, he could not have done much worse. There were 2 nice touches (one was the give and go with Ibe, another was him cutting in with his right and hitting it with his left) but 90% of everything else he did was either cheaply giving the ball away or picking the wrong option. He did press and its a difficult task playing up there on your own (until Benteke came on at least) but he's mainly been brought in to create/score and I feel he does very little of both.

All players do better with better players around them, that's a given. If we have any decent youngsters breaking into the first team -and I dont see why we dont/shouldnt- then this is the time for them to get their chance.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:41 am

Disagree with that ace.

Thought his close control and decisions were devent last night. Still not what you'd expect for a 28mil Brazilian but better than most games he's played.

Been disappointed in him, just hope this is his settling in season and there's more to come. He has shown in flashes (too few of them) that there is a player in there.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:11 pm

Jurgen Klopp believes Roberto Firmino was the best player in the Bundesliga at one stage last season, and states he can become a vital player for Liverpool yet.

Firmino has come under fire after failing to impress at Anfield since his £28.7million move from Hoffenheim in the off-season after making just three starts in all competitions for Liverpool this term.

However, Klopp believes the 24-year-old could be a key figure in his side."He's a skilled player. I'd say a year ago for a few months for sure he was the best player in the Bundesliga," Klopp said.

"From the first day everyone could see he can become a very, very good player... when I heard Liverpool took him, I thought 'good choice'.

"He needed time when he came in but... he's strong with the ball, physically strong, fast in a good football way, gets his body between opponent and ball.
"What kind of player is he? He is in the Brazil national team, and the last game I think he played as a nine, so he can play there," Klopp said.

"But usually he plays as an offensive midfielder or second striker. He can come in from the wing, he can play in the centre.

I think this season will be a learning curve ,but being an avid viewer of the Bundesliga I can honestly say he was one of the most exciting players to watch
This season may see his talent emerge in fits and starts ,but I remain adamant that this lad has all the attributes to be a top player.

For me German football is the closest in Europe to the Premier League ,I think Liverpool fans are far too judgmental of late. So the below compilation is just a reminder to how brilliant he can be if the club and its fans show a little patience.

Best bits for the reds are surely worth a look too

Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:23 pm

Well, this is what happens when you buy you unfinished players who isn't finished in their development.
Firmino comes across as a skilled slick player, who hasn't come to terms with the physical play of the PL.
He is young and very dependent on confidence which makes him likes poor when low on it.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:56 pm

Penguins » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:23 pm wrote:Well, this is what happens when you buy you unfinished players who isn't finished in their development.
Firmino comes across as a skilled slick player, who hasn't come to terms with the physical play of the PL.
He is young and very dependent on confidence which makes him likes poor when low on it.

Liverpool fans need a player who is capable of real genius ,I mean albeit from Coutinho who in the squad can produce moments that take your breath away ?
In terms of pure talent Firmino will soon be one of the most talked about players in the Premiership ,we just need to give these players the patience to develop. Ive no doubt Klopp views him as a key component in his rebuilding of this team ,players like him are why we pay to watch football ,well that's what its always been about for me anyway !

I'd say there is only one player capable of his vision and artistry in the Prem at the minute ,and that's Ozil.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:08 pm

I also believe that Firmino can become a very good player for us... after a couple of seasons.
Not until then will we see the best of him and that is kind of a problem though.
The fanbase has very limited patience.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:14 pm

Until Sturridge is back, he should be our starting striker. The lads movement and link up play is more important to us than a target man.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:55 am

Reg » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:00 am wrote:I'm down in Brazil and my colleagues have been giving me some very odd looks and comments about buying Firmino. They don't rate him at all. I've had one of those OMG moments, not another headless chicken ffs.....

:0  :0
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:24 pm

Reg » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:55 pm wrote:
Reg » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:00 am wrote:I'm down in Brazil and my colleagues have been giving me some very odd looks and comments about buying Firmino. They don't rate him at all. I've had one of those OMG moments, not another headless chicken ffs.....

:0  :0

In time, he will be a hell of a player, just how much time?
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:29 am

Welldone lad keep it up. Good goals and good performance.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby SkippyRed » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:35 am

SkippyRed » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:14 am wrote:Until Sturridge is back, he should be our starting striker. The lads movement and link up play is more important to us than a target man.

Yep.

Kid killed it today!
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:34 pm

:buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion