ROBERTO FIRMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:14 pm

I can't believe the amount of critical analysis thrown at a player who has barely unpacked his suitcase!  :wwww
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:34 pm

You see how he performs when he is on the pitch with coutinho. He looks an extremely competent player with likeminded players around him. But pair him uptop with an immovable object....and he looks average.

Benteke is really impacting his game by just standing around waiting for headers (instead of busting a gut to move around the pitch or get in the box).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:26 pm

maguskwt » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:17 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:04 am wrote:So we shun arguably one of our finest technical players and lessen even further what little confidence exists by benching him ,rather than play the football
he was brought into play ie the City game .....Madness !

The problem is that right now he is almost like a passenger. When he is playing, his contributions are not felt. Coutinho finds a way to contribute, doesn't matter he is playing with Sturridge, or Suarez, or Benteke. Except for games when he is clearly off form, we can see Coutinho's contributions in different team line ups and the team's performance is better because of this. That makes Firmino a far lesser talent than Coutinho. If Firmino is technically skillful and yet could not adapt to different types of team mates, he becomes a very one dimensional player...

The fact you're using a player like Coutinho to sell your theory is a tad churlish considering he had Sturridge and Suarez to work with ,and possibly formed part the most potent triumvirate we have ever had at the  club. As for Coutinho being consistent with his displays this season then you probably missed the games he went completely missing in. Firmino has arrived at this club and more than shown his level of technical ability to the more discernable of fans.

At City he was phenomenal ,he possesses an Ozil like football brain (ironic he was also lambasted by fickle Goonerz ) Roberto is a magical player and his time in the Bundesliga professes to this ,and if we are to evolve into a team that plays fluent inventive football then he's exactly the type of player that we need.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:39 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:26 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:17 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:04 am wrote:So we shun arguably one of our finest technical players and lessen even further what little confidence exists by benching him ,rather than play the football
he was brought into play ie the City game .....Madness !

The problem is that right now he is almost like a passenger. When he is playing, his contributions are not felt. Coutinho finds a way to contribute, doesn't matter he is playing with Sturridge, or Suarez, or Benteke. Except for games when he is clearly off form, we can see Coutinho's contributions in different team line ups and the team's performance is better because of this. That makes Firmino a far lesser talent than Coutinho. If Firmino is technically skillful and yet could not adapt to different types of team mates, he becomes a very one dimensional player...

The fact you're using a player like Coutinho to sell your theory is a tad churlish considering he had Sturridge and Suarez to work with ,and possibly formed part the most potent triumvirate we have ever had at the  club. As for Coutinho being consistent with his displays this season then you probably missed the games he went completely missing in. Firmino has arrived at this club and more than shown his level of technical ability to the more discernable of fans.

At City he was phenomenal ,he possesses an Ozil like football brain (ironic he was also lambasted by fickle Goonerz ) Roberto is a magical player and his time in the Bundesliga professes to this ,and if we are to evolve into a team that plays fluent inventive football then he's exactly the type of player that we need.

I hope you're right then... I don't think it's churlish at all regarding Coutinho. Even without Sturridge and Suarez, if Coutinho is on his good form, he has the talent to carry the team. Same can't be said of Firmino.

I for one am just starting to believe that he may not be as talented or as adaptable as we all hope for. I don't think anyone will argue that there is still a gap in quality between the Bundesliga and the Premier League. Just because he was successful in the Budesliga doesn't mean that he will be successful in the Premier League. He is very much lucky though in that he will have the best chance of success under Klopp.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:58 pm

maguskwt » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:39 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:26 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:17 am wrote:The problem is that right now he is almost like a passenger. When he is playing, his contributions are not felt. Coutinho finds a way to contribute, doesn't matter he is playing with Sturridge, or Suarez, or Benteke. Except for games when he is clearly off form, we can see Coutinho's contributions in different team line ups and the team's performance is better because of this. That makes Firmino a far lesser talent than Coutinho. If Firmino is technically skillful and yet could not adapt to different types of team mates, he becomes a very one dimensional player...

I hope you're right then... I don't think it's churlish at all regarding Coutinho. Even without Sturridge and Suarez, if Coutinho is on his good form, he has the talent to carry the team. Same can't be said of Firmino.

I for one am just starting to believe that he may not be as talented or as adaptable as we all hope for. I don't think anyone will argue that there is still a gap in quality between the Bundesliga and the Premier League. Just because he was successful in the Budesliga doesn't mean that he will be successful in the Premier League. He is very much lucky though in that he will have the best chance of success under Klopp.

I beg to differ ,a Firmino on form can make the difference ,he's a special player who can formulate  passages of play and slip in a pass that no other player albeit from Coutinho  even sees .I think even the most hardened of his sceptics will proffer the plaudits before long . I can even see Algymoon's house surrounded by paramedics after  gagging on his own tongue to quell the urge to sing his praises  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:20 am

From the Sunday Express

Liverpool hero blasts Brazil star Roberto Firmino for not getting stuck in

LIVERPOOL legend John Aldridge has told £29 million Brazilian Roberto Firmino to toughen up if he wants to win over the Kop.

The 24-year-old has come in for criticism following a sequence of uninspiring displays after appearing to have the world at his feet with his outstanding performance in the 4-1 win at Manchester City last month.

Aldridge believes that the biggest crime in the eyes of most Liverpool fans is a lack of commitment in physical challenges.

Aldo pointed to Firmino’s lack of aggression in last weekend’s 2-0 defeat at Newcastle United.

The former Anfield striker said: “He pulled out of a challenge that was 55-45 in his favour. Liverpool fans won’t accept that. I’ve been going to Liverpool games for 50 years and I know that is unacceptable.

“If the ball is there to be won you win it. He’s going to have to learn to get stuck in.”

Firmino’s anonymous display at St. James’ Park was followed by another sub standard showing on Thursday night in Liverpool’s goalless Europa League draw in Switzerland against Sion.

Aldridge added: “Roberto Firmino is playing as if something is wrong mentally and physically. He’s been absolutely redundant in the last two league games after such a great display at Manchester City.”

That has turned the heat on the big signing from Hoffenheim as Liverpool attempt to return to winning ways today on Merseyside against West Brom.

Aldridge added: “West Brom is now a massive game for Liverpool to try to get things back on track. It’s going to be tough because you always know what you get from a Tony Pulis team.

“I’m not getting carried away – I’d take fourth place all day long – but we’ve still got an outside chance of getting involved in the title race.

“It’s the most open Premier League for a long time and anything can happen.”

Keeper Simon Mignolet who is in talks about extending his contract insists that the return of another Brazilian, Philippe Coutinho following injury, is a timely boost.

Mignolet added: “It’s great to have him back. He can roam between the lines and make something happen.

“That’s what we’ve been missing for a few games now.”

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SkippyRed » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:53 pm

Giving him 8 minutes and no class to work with is hardly going to get the best out of him.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:55 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:20 am wrote:From the Sunday Express

Liverpool hero blasts Brazil star Roberto Firmino for not getting stuck in

LIVERPOOL legend John Aldridge has told £29 million Brazilian Roberto Firmino to toughen up if he wants to win over the Kop.

The 24-year-old has come in for criticism following a sequence of uninspiring displays after appearing to have the world at his feet with his outstanding performance in the 4-1 win at Manchester City last month.

Aldridge believes that the biggest crime in the eyes of most Liverpool fans is a lack of commitment in physical challenges.

Aldo pointed to Firmino’s lack of aggression in last weekend’s 2-0 defeat at Newcastle United.

The former Anfield striker said: “He pulled out of a challenge that was 55-45 in his favour. Liverpool fans won’t accept that. I’ve been going to Liverpool games for 50 years and I know that is unacceptable.

“If the ball is there to be won you win it. He’s going to have to learn to get stuck in.”

Firmino’s anonymous display at St. James’ Park was followed by another sub standard showing on Thursday night in Liverpool’s goalless Europa League draw in Switzerland against Sion.

Aldridge added: “Roberto Firmino is playing as if something is wrong mentally and physically. He’s been absolutely redundant in the last two league games after such a great display at Manchester City.”

That has turned the heat on the big signing from Hoffenheim as Liverpool attempt to return to winning ways today on Merseyside against West Brom.

Aldridge added: “West Brom is now a massive game for Liverpool to try to get things back on track. It’s going to be tough because you always know what you get from a Tony Pulis team.

“I’m not getting carried away – I’d take fourth place all day long – but we’ve still got an outside chance of getting involved in the title race.

“It’s the most open Premier League for a long time and anything can happen.”

Keeper Simon Mignolet who is in talks about extending his contract insists that the return of another Brazilian, Philippe Coutinho following injury, is a timely boost.

Mignolet added: “It’s great to have him back. He can roam between the lines and make something happen.

“That’s what we’ve been missing for a few games now.”

He's not the best judge of player is he ,and we all know John Aldridge has his favourites notably' Robbie Keane' and his constant clamouring for Benitez to sign him .....that turned out well ! 

Passionate yes ,but not one of the most attentive to detail when it comes to scouting mate  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:52 am

I thought he would be one of those players that can make things happen but he overall he has been a massive let down for me. The city game was his best but most of the rest he has spent being anonymous and if we constantly need to sign players to get the best out of our other players then we will continue to go round in circles.
I think he would be a better player if we had a more experienced/established team but at the moment he is struggling to be the player we need.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:32 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:55 pm wrote:
He's not the best judge of player is he ,and we all know John Aldridge has his favourites notably' Robbie Keane' and his constant clamouring for Benitez to sign him .....that turned out well ! 

Passionate yes ,but not one of the most attentive to detail when it comes to scouting mate  :D

Aldo's "old school" RBG, expects players to bleed for the club, I don't have a problem with that.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:31 am

woof woof ! » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:32 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:55 pm wrote:

Aldo's "old school" RBG, expects players to bleed for the club, I don't have a problem with that.

I know mate ,but we've had players that would happily open up a vein for this club ,Dirk Kuyt and Erik the Red Meijer being two . I just think those type of players are a rarity in todays modern game ,so lets put our trust in the choices the manager makes, rather than one of a plethora of ex players and pundits clamouring to tell us were we are going wrong. I don't for a moment doubt Aldo's passion ,he just doesn't represent the views of as many Scousers as he believes he does  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:42 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:31 am wrote: I don't for a moment doubt Aldo's passion ,he just doesn't represent the views of as many Scousers as he believes he does  ???

???

Didn't realise you were more plugged into the "views of many scousers" network than Aldo . Maybe the network needs a reality check, Man City performance aside Firmino hasn't (so far) justified his price tag and expectations.

I believe he's a talented player BUT I'm with Aldo  when he says the fella has to Step Up  !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:02 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:42 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:31 am wrote: I don't for a moment doubt Aldo's passion ,he just doesn't represent the views of as many Scousers as he believes he does  ???

???

Didn't realise you were more plugged into the "views of many scousers" network than Aldo . Maybe the network needs a reality check, Man City performance aside Firmino hasn't (so far) justified his price tag and expectations.

I believe he's a talented player BUT I'm with Aldo  when he says the fella has to Step Up  !

Agreed...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:51 pm

Firmino has been really frustrating and I agree he needs to step it up. I dont think it's helped him playing in different positions and with completely different styles of players up front ie Benteke one week and someone who makes runs the next week.

The City performance was so good though that it proves he has it in him. Coutinho was hot and cold when he first came too and his end product was a problem. I think Firmino will come good.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:06 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:42 pm wrote:

???

I don't think I can even muster a reply fella ,as I'm completely nonplussed where you're going with that one.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion