ROBERTO FIRMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:19 pm

Firmino isn't really an out-and-out striker so his chance conversion rate isn't going to be as good as a Sturridge or Torres.
On the other hand though I doubt Sturridge or Torres could have threaded that ball through to Coutinho to make it 2-0 so Roberto brings other attributes to the table.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby mramo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:58 pm

Slightly concerned with his form as of late.

He didn't perform well last week (hence substituted on 64 minutes against Swansea) rested against the 6-1 hammering of Southampton and shows a lacklustre display last night (hence substituted again on 62 minutes).

Does he need extra time to adapt in England? He seems to shine in big matches but doesn't seem to give it his all against the smaller oppositions.
mramo

Postby maguskwt » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:13 pm

mramo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:58 pm wrote:Slightly concerned with his form as of late.

He didn't perform well last week (hence substituted on 64 minutes against Swansea) rested against the 6-1 hammering of Southampton and shows a lacklustre display last night (hence substituted again on 62 minutes).

Does he need extra time to adapt in England? He seems to shine in big matches but doesn't seem to give it his all against the smaller oppositions.

The problem with Firmino appears to be he needs someone of his ilk playing alongside him like a Coutinho or a Suarez. That's why he played very well against city. He is not yet on the same wavelength as other players. I'm not too impressed with him to be honest... if we could get a better player like Reus or Aubameyang, i think he will be one of the first players to be dropped.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:48 pm

He likes to play quick decisive football.. He can do that with players like Coutinho, Sturridge and Can to a certain degree. But he struggles with players like Allen, Benteke.. who fail to move the ball quick enough.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:48 pm

Shown there is a player there but will have poor games to as he acclimatises to the league.  Agree that he needs clever, quick thinking players around him to get the best out of him
Doeboy

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:13 pm

Firmino is a really frustrating player. All of the natural ability is there and he's wonderful to watch when he's on his game, he looked completely lost without Coutinho on the pitch on Sunday. He needs to be surrounded with similar players in order to flourish, in the meantime Firmino up top with Coutinho behind isn't the worst idea.

I did think we may have a dilemma of who plays through the middle when Studge, Coutinho and Firmino were all fit but I don't think we're ever gonna have such a luxury
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Red Indian » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:02 pm

He's been misplacing passes all game and stunk the place out against Newcastle.  I don't buy that having players like Coutinho there would have made a difference, having Coutinho there won't improve his first touch or his ability to make a five yard pass
Red Indian

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:36 pm

Firmino is exactly the type of innovative player we need to build our play around ,we need to dovetail him with players of similar quality otherwise his potency and impact on our game will be hindered. We seen how effective he is when he's played with both Lallana and Coutinho and at Newcastle he had neither I think our midfield were the most culpable for the Newcastle loss ,both Lucas and Allen were completely shocking !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:29 pm

Nearly £30m is feeling an uncomfortable number at this point.

Half that would seem a lot on his contribution so far and hes masses of ground to make up to justify the investment
weve made in him.

Way hes shaping up he will be on the bench again soon.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:42 pm

I am really starting to believe that Firmino has been involved in an alien body snatching incident, because theres no way that the person who played against city is in our team now. What a load of absolute sh'ite!
Come on lad, pull you finger out for fu'cks sake!!
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:56 pm

i'm more leaning towards RBG's opinion on Firmino. Put more similar players on the pitch and I think he'll flourish - Coutinho is key to that with our current crop.

We need to look at a striker who makes runs behind the defence as well, right now it's too static. Until then I think he's going to be most effective up top with Coutinho behind him

I hope...
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:26 am

When he is joined on the field with players that compliment his style he can be phenomenal .I mean  aside from Coutz , Firmino is the most natural footballer we have at the club.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:40 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:26 am wrote:When he is joined on the field with players that compliment his style he can be phenomenal .I mean  aside from Coutz , Firmino is the most natural footballer we have at the club.

Well maybe he should sit on the bench till we "accommodate" his style of football....But seriously mate he should get his act together and start delivering.
Currently he looks like a total mess.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:04 pm

So we shun arguably one of our finest technical players and lessen even further what little confidence exists by benching him ,rather than play the football
he was brought into play ie the City game .....Madness !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:17 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:04 am wrote:So we shun arguably one of our finest technical players and lessen even further what little confidence exists by benching him ,rather than play the football
he was brought into play ie the City game .....Madness !

The problem is that right now he is almost like a passenger. When he is playing, his contributions are not felt. Coutinho finds a way to contribute, doesn't matter he is playing with Sturridge, or Suarez, or Benteke. Except for games when he is clearly off form, we can see Coutinho's contributions in different team line ups and the team's performance is better because of this. That makes Firmino a far lesser talent than Coutinho. If Firmino is technically skillful and yet could not adapt to different types of team mates, he becomes a very one dimensional player...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion