Rivaldo - He admits discussions

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Macker » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:04 pm

I think we should sign Rivaldo, although I hope he is prepared to sit on the bench for long periods before leaving the club frustrated!  Remember Litmanen?  One of the most naturally gift European footballer of the last decade and by houlliers own admission "the most skillfull player liverpool have".  How must Litmanen have felt on the bench, watching the dross that was unfoldong infront of him, poorly disguised as a game of footy?

Yes I think Rivaldo would add to the team, but I don't think he'd be happy wtching that Donkey heskey getting a game before him! :D
Macker

Postby Cleman » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:26 am

yes. totally agreed.

Litmanen is skillful...Rivaldo is another one, we should sign him if not for his skill, at least for his experiences....
Cleman

Postby stevieg17 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:05 am

Im sick of hearing LFC supporters saying "Heskey and Smicer just cant cut it , there s##t " etc etc , but when we have the oppurtunity to sign players of the calibre of Rivaldo and Kluivert you bunch of morons come out with, we dont want them/need them , they are trouble makers !!! Wake up you idiots , have you seen our position in the table and our results , we should be giving Kluivert and Rivaldo anything they bloody want to come here , they are brilliant players who will change our fortunes, i for one hope we sign the both of them along with Boumsong and Cisse , then we will see a brilliant Liverpool
stevieg17

Postby gray » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:23 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:
LiverpoolFC_Kopite wrote:if not then lets get Djbril Cisse, more than competent goalscorer, him and Owen upfront, pure pace and deadly finishers.

I think you might be falling for some of Houllier's propaganda there.

Cisse is overrated and is yet another of these so called fantastic prospects to come from France who are all hype but no substance. In the two matches against us last season for Auxerre he was poor, he has struggled to get even a run out as a sub for the French national team after being declared the new Henry back in 2001/02, and his goalscoring record in French football is alright, but hardly sensational.

He has also struggled to make an impact in European competitions for Auxerre.

I would prefer a more proven goalscrorer who has Premiership experience.

Showing good form in French football is not a good indicator of how good a plater is: Diouff, Diao and Cheyrou were all massive stars in France and look what has happened with them.

i dont know what sort of french football you have been watching but it certainly isnt the same sort as i have. Djibril Cisse is absolutely outstanding!!!

Did you see the game against PSG where they were 0-2 down and he scored a brilliant hat-trick to make auxerre win 2-3. Obviously not, he scored one with his left from outside the area with his left foot, a free-kick with his right and a diving header! This guy is 22 year old french international who is lightning fast bags, of skill, strong as an ox and a predator in front of goal. Not to mention the fact that he is in the fulll french national squad.

i suggest that you keep your naive comments to yourself if you cant give facts to back them up. Believe me when Cisse becomes a liverpool player next season those comments will seem extremely embarrasing.

And Rivaldo, if we can sign him in January and play him just behind Owen, the champions league will be with us next season. Of that there is no doubt. Rivaldo is absolute class!!i am gobsmacked at the suggestions to the contrary!

Adios Gra
gray

Postby big al » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:32 pm

This is the one subject I avoided up to now but I had to just support every thing that JBGranny has said.  Rivaldo would be an asset if he could pass on some of his skill to our players but lets be honest.  Gary Mcallister he's not.  By the time it would take for him to Learn english in order just to communicate he would have eaned a small fortune that would be better placed trying to lure a world class player with a least some future service to the club.

Please leave MR Houlier
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby redandblue » Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:39 pm

If we are going to go after Rivaldo, we might as well throw in Paul Gascoigne, Ally McCoist and ask King Kenny to make a comeback.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:12 pm

Sorry to drag this post out again guys, but I notice that Houllier has at last gone public about this player, he is not in his plans at all.  I have to say I am disappointed.  I'll drop this post now, until he goes to his new club and then; i'll make a statement as to whether I was right to say he would have been a success, or wrong to say we needed him.  Here and other places, i've made it very clear that I would love to see Rivaldo in a Liverpool shirt, but it's not to be.  Houllier doesn't think we need him.  He's probably right.

On a different note, even after the Birmingham result, I still think its only a temporary reprieve.  If we beat Newcastle Utd next weekend, it might lift some of my gloom.  As i've said on a previous post, i'm just used to all the drawn games now, and if we win, it's a bonus.  I need to get out of this frame of mind.  The whole club gives off the vibe though doesn't it?  They will settle for a point rather than go all out for all three.  We'll probably settle for a draw against Newcastle.  I remember how awful we were last season up there.  Was it New Years Day?  And as for the game at Anfield when we were 2 - 0 up........
jonnymac1979

Postby supersub » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:41 pm

I don't think it's in Steven Gerrard's nature to except a draw,so I'm sure he will demand from his players a win even if GH is happy for a 0-0.With Pongolle,Diouf and HK also in the line-up,it's best we do attack.Have faith it will all turn out well in the end.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:58 pm

No real point in chasing players past their prime, they will have no real sell on value and want big wages. He might set the Premiership alight but I doubt it
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oldredeyes » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:20 pm

The fact that Houdini said he is not interested in Rivaldo probably means he is ready to sign him - he seems confused about things these days. Anyway, the fact is we cannot play for draws anymore. The only way to play now is to win every game. What's the point in playing any other way?
We want nothing less than a win against Newcastle because they are the only real threat for the fourth spot - and they need to be buried.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:24 pm

You should have seen me yesterday though!!!!  I was watching Chelsea walk over Manchester United, oh it was a joy, they had nothing to hurt Chelsea with, I mean, Diego Forlan? ????  Exactly!!!!!

When it was displayed at the bottom of the screen during the match that Harry Kewell had scored, and then later on Emile Heskey, I couldn't contain myself, I hadn't reacted to a Liverpool goal like that in a while. 

I was overjoyed!!!!!

(And Manchester United were losing!!!!!!!!!)

Simply because, i'm used to the way of thinking that teams like Birmingham will beat us nowadays.  Check the forum "Our Reputation is History", I summed it all up there.
jonnymac1979

Postby redandblue » Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:23 pm

Talking about players moving on..........I see that United are expressing an interest in Anelka who has fallen out with Keegan. I thought that he was terrific for us and then GH decides to get rid of him. Anelka at United?? He'd score goals for fun. An Anfield reject. Like Jari!
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:54 pm

Come on we are better than that! we dont need rivaldo he is just another mercenary!! :;):
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leothelion » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:58 pm

at this stage i'd take a chance of signing myself to play so rivaldo cant be that bad he has the experience even if hes used as a scare tactic .to have a world class player on the bench might frighten lower teams cause as of now no team is afraid to come to anfield like in the past the top teams were afraid to face us
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:28 pm

he cant be any more of a risk than some of the other misfits gh has dragged in these last few years.Rivaldo is a well preserved 31 year old ex world player of the year.He is also available on a free transfer.wheres the risk for a big club like liverpool?the guy has a point to prove and he could well come good at anfield.hopefully gh swallows his pride and signs him in the new year.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion