Were do we need new players - Rivaldo

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bogman_dan » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:08 pm

bout time we signed a few players like rivaldo in jan plenty of free tranfers out there.
bogman_dan

Postby JBG » Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:59 pm

Rivaldo is past it......Houllier has already ruled him out.

What about Viduka?

We probably could get him for around £3million.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:27 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:What about Viduka?

We probably could get him for around £3million.

I see your nicking my ideas John Barnes' Granny,

Joking!!!

Rivaldo is not needed, i doubt we will by in the transfer window, but we will secure boumsong for the end of the season.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:24 pm

There's a chance we could get Boumsong at Christmas, but I wouldn't hold my breathe for anybody else, especially if we have people coming back from injury.

Houllier wants to save his money and blow £15million on that overrated Abel Xavier look-a-like Djbril Cisse in the summer......(tears out hair).
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Bohs manoutoftime » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:13 pm

Looking at the game last night and he is probably 4th choice Eider Gudjohnson would be a great buy
Bohs manoutoftime

Postby Cleman » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:23 am

some rumuor said liverpool is going to buy alam smith with 7m...smith will join his ex-teammate harry to play for liverpool....

i don't think it is a good buy.....if smith..better get Gudjohnson as suggested by Bohs
Cleman

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:17 am

Bohs manoutoftime wrote:Looking at the game last night and he is probably 4th choice Eider Gudjohnson would be a great buy

Great idea, i was thinking this.

I think he will leave in the next year, and what a talent.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:06 pm

Gudjohnsen will probably leave Chelsea in the summer as no doubt they will sign some guy for £25million... :D

In the 2001/2002 season he was excellent, but he struggled last year with his gambling problems.

He looks like he is now returning to his best form.

The guy is built like a brick s##t house, is skillful, and a ferocious shot (witness his shot that led to Lampard's goal against Lazio).

Unfortunately, Roy Evans looked into buying him from Bolton but bought Sean Dundee instead....DOH! :laugh:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:35 pm

We need three world class players
1. centre halve. I like stamm even if he played for the stinken manc-ers or is that W**nkers
2. Central midfield Ballack's the man for me there.
3. Centre halve and young Alan smith is as good as anyone else out there.

Please leave Mr houlier
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Red » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:33 am

If we are going to buy another CF we need to sell someone, dont forget Baros is injured. At the moment we have Heskey, Diouf, Owen, Baros, Pongolle with Kewell and Tallec able to play upfront.

I think we need a hi quality mid fielder and perhaps a left back the likes of a young roberto carlos, or chelsea's Johnson.
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:50 am

I reckon we should let Heskey and Mellor go, and keep Diouff out wide for the moment.

I watched Cisse play for Auxerre on Eurosport last night and he didn't confince me one bit. He's more concerned with his haircut that his football (I always distrust players with wacky haircuts).

I reckon that Viduka wouldn't be much of a gamble as Liverpool would be a far more stable club and team than Leeds, and he wouldn't be the top player at Liverpool (he'd at least have Owen and Gerrard ahead of him in those stakes) and so there wouldn't be as much of a spotlight on him. When he got his head right at Leeds (like his brilliant spell after Christmas last season) he is fantastic, and I could se him scoring 30 goals a season in a Liverpool shirt.

I also like Tiano and Mexes of Auxerre. Mexes is a decent young centre half with some pace and can actually play football, while Tianno is a tenacious midfield battler, a bit like Gattusso of Milan.

Some of the Ajax boys look very good, especially Van Der Vaart and Ibrahomovic, and also that young South African midfielder they have, Piennar, who looks like he could emerge as one of the best midfielders in the world.   

I also like the Lazio right back Oddo, who was the best player on the pitch in the Champions League game against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Still, we should give Finnan a chance, as he has been very good over the last three years.

I'm still not entirely convinced of Riise. His distribution is not the best, and he is prone to the occasional defensive lapse. There are not many good left backs out there at the moment though.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:38 am

JBG I agree about Van Der Vaart but he's already knocked liverpool back as i said to you recently Ayala is just the tip of the iceberg.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:00 pm

big al wrote:JBG I agree about Van Der Vaart but he's already knocked liverpool back as i said to you recently Ayala is just the tip of the iceberg.

I agree with what you are saying.

People who say that we should buy this or that world class players are fooling themselves. Liverpool are currently unnattractive to some of the best players in the world.

As for the Ajax boys, I can see Ronald Koeman being the best two or three with him to Barcelona next year (a move which is becoming increasingly likely).

I know that Viduka is one of the most unpopular players in the Premiership, but a move to Liverpool is very realistic, if Houllier wanted him of course!

Alan Smith joining us if Leeds get relegated is possible (if not probable) if Houllier stays in charge. Leeds said they would have no choice but to sell Smith if they go down, and I think the two teams who would be most interested in him would be Liverpool and Newcastle. Smith would fit in very well at Houllier's Liverpool (and I'm not necessarily saying thats a good thing!).
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:00 pm

I don't think we should sign CISSE, i question if he relly is that good, and i don't see him having a good partnership with Owen, though he may be a long term replacement for Owen.

I like the idea of VIDUKA because I first came up with it, for such a big man he is incredabily skillful,(4 Goals against us), and he would gel well with Owen.

TIANO is not that good and we don't need him anyway. MEXES will be off to Arsenal once his contract row is sorted, most likely in January, also he will be going for next to nothing.

VAN DER VAART is a wonderfully talented player, but i can't see us getting him now we have Kewell, we did track him for two years but he wasn't interested.  IBRAHOMOVIC is an intersting one, he is very talented and could form a good partnership with Owen, but he has a reputation of having a wild life style and disrespecting managers.

I don,t think we need a right back, although Finnan has struggled a bit to fit in he is getting better with every game, he will turn out to be a very canny signing.

On the subject of Riise, well i see him as third only to Gerrard and Owen in terms of importance. He is an INDESPENSIBLE member of our squad.

I think Viduka is a relastic target who could make a big impact, and i think Boumsong will come at the end of the season, because we need a centre back with pace.

Finally I would not like to see ALAN SMITH at liverpool, his goal scoring record is worse than Heskey and he is a thug.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:23 pm

also another thing to mention about Viduka is his understanding and relationship with Kewel. Not only did they play together at Leeds, they play together with Australia.

Unlike Heskey, Viduka is not a confidence player, but a "am I being treated properly player". If you look after Mark Viduka, he will play his heart out for you. I guess the wheels have fallen off at Leeds, and he has become disillusioned with the club.

He had a worse problem with a club in croatia before heading to Scotland. But as soon as he settled down in the UK, he never looked back; career and performance wise, until now.
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion