Were do we need new players - Rivaldo

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:26 pm

Red wrote:also another thing to mention about Viduka is his understanding and relationship with Kewel. Not only did they play together at Leeds, they play together with Australia.

This is true although they don't like each other.

They do link well together.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:26 pm

Has wrote:On the subject of Riise, well i see him as third only to Gerrard and Owen in terms of importance. He is an INDESPENSIBLE member of our squad.

I know I am biased, but I think when you look back 5 years from now, you might be saying Kewel is the most important person in the squad.
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:32 pm

Red wrote:
Has wrote:On the subject of Riise, well i see him as third only to Gerrard and Owen in terms of importance. He is an INDESPENSIBLE member of our squad.

I know I am biased, but I think when you look back 5 years from now, you might be saying Kewel is the most important person in the squad.

No doubt that Kewell is an important member of our team, but he has just arrived, and leftbacks like Riise are hard to find.

There are a host of players who play on the left wing who can link with the strikers.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:27 pm

I have to disagree with you about Riise.

He was very good in 2001/2002 and I thought he was an excellent addition.

However, have you not seen his distribution of the ball over the past 12 months? He receives it a lot and just bombs it foward!

However, fingers crossed that he'll improve (he should do).

Cisse is not the man for Liverpool at all. I have said all along that if he is as good as Houllier makes out, someone like Juventus would have bought him ages ago. Every time I have seen him play on TV he has disappointed.

Incidentally, did anyone see the Man City game last night?

Anelka was absolutely sensational at times: his goal was superb. Letting him go was a mistake. I remember when we signed him a lot of my "friends" who support UTD were convinced that Liverpool had found the last piece of the jixsaw and were afraid of us.

It says a lot when UTD fans are afraid of your team.

Doh!!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Mark_Walters » Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:49 am

Viduka. We need another goalscorer, who has significant heading ability to compliment michael owen. Beattie would be perfect but is obviously 2 expensive, while viduka is not. We should have signed viduka in the summer, but i guarantee 200% Mr Houllier wouldnt sign him even if he was free, and Leeds gave us 5 million. He wants a cr#p Heskey like Striker (Cisse?) who bangs in an incredible 6 goals a season, but works his a#se off for the team (yawn!)

A decent centre back is also needed, and a creative playmaker who actually scores ( swap Rivaldo type player for Smicer).

Also we better not sign Alan Smith, cos he doesn't score that many goals. So GH will probably sign him.
Mark_Walters

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion