Riise: i'd sign a new deal in seconds - Wonderful

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:58 pm

Money is not everything. We should keep people like riise. A good player who works hard and is very loyal to LFC. What more can u ask (you can guess who i am aiming this at  :p ).

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N147499050116-1049.htm

RIISE: I'D SIGN A NEW DEAL IN SECONDS

John Arne Riise has revealed that if Liverpool ask him to extend his stay on Merseyside then he won't have to think too hard about putting pen to paper. 
Riise, enjoying a new lease of life under Rafael Benitez, is already a contender for Liverpool's Player of the Season and claims that he's loving life at Anfield under the new manager.

"I am hoping for a new contract and if they give me an offer it won't take long for me to sign it," he said. "Rafael Benitez has told me to shoot, shoot, shoot. I feel the manager has confidence in me and that is a fantastic feeling to have."
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:05 pm

I'd rather he done his shooting from left back instead of left mid though. Quality player.

Always has been. Had a belter of a first season but wasn't to clever defensively.

Worked on that over the last two but lost the edge and confidence in his game. Now i think he has it all back, he's attacking with confidence and power and defending like a real full back.

I was losing patience with him untill the end of last season when he picked his form up abit. Now i believe he can become one of our best players, he's had a really good season this year, the thing is, he can get even better.
115-1073096938

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:17 pm

When does his contract run out?
I agree with Stu he has the potential to become one of our best players for the next few years along with Carra and Alonso.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:48 pm

Riise has reached his peak and will not improve any more. What you see is what get !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:05 pm

Dude Redrider,

how can u say that ? He is only 23.........how would you know he has reached his peak......
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:22 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:When does his contract run out?
I agree with Stu he has the potential to become one of our best players for the next few years along with Carra and Alonso.

end of next season.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=322081&cc=4716

Riise wants new Liverpool contract

Liverpool full-back John Arne Riise wants to sign a new contract to stay at Anfield beyond the end of his current deal.
The 24-year-old is tied to the club until the end of next season - but wants to extend his stay after a promising start for him under new boss Rafael Benitez's reign.

The Norway international has scored five goals this season and has impressed with his attacking threat on the left flank.

'I am hoping for a new contract, and if they give me an offer it won't take long for me to sign it,' Riise told the club's official website.

'Rafael Benitez has told me to shoot, shoot, shoot. I feel the manager has confidence in me, and that is a fantastic feeling to have.'
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:25 pm

I wish they'd let him shoot, shoot, shoot from free-kicks, he hardly seems to get a look in these days.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:27 pm

yeah.....they should have let riise shoot instead of gerrard who was seriously off-form that day. I reckon gerrard would have even missed a penalty against the scums.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1105728556 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:28 pm

Redrider

How can yer say that when he's only 23!!! I think ol Arnie should spend less shooting in the bedroom and more on the pitch.

On form good, off form way below average, future potential (at his peak I'm afraid).
116-1105728556

Postby Gareth G » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:41 pm

WHAT^^^

Seriously, WTF are oyu on about?
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:52 pm

Riise is doing ok, not spectacular but enough to keep his place in the team. Give him a new contract.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:07 pm

he's one of the few players in the squad that gives 100% every game this season. looks like he's massively growing in stature and confidence. yesterday he was always commited and aggressive, not always effective but always commited and aggressive.

give him a new contract, give a pay rise, get him to fill his boots.

BTW anyone know what the tattoo is on his forearm?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:25 pm

I don't know, Kewell has a tattoo on his forearm and Baros does too.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:29 pm

People with ginger hair always have very pale skin and tatoos look awful on freckly pale skin :D
Sorry if theres any gingers here :p
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:48 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:People with ginger hair always have very pale skin and tatoos look awful on freckly pale skin :D
Sorry if theres any gingers here :p

I feel insulted.  :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion