John arne riise - New deal

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:49 am

Sabre wrote:That's a good question Effes. I have not digital memory so I took a look of the whole squad, because actually it was quite deep

http://elmundodeporte.elmundo.es/elmundo....es.html

Problem is that many of them played. BTW, Pellegrino was the indiscussable boss of the centrebacks, what an irony :D . To be honest, I think he played that schema too, but I don't remember the line ups, as you could imagine as he rotated it. But I do remember playing Vicente in the left, and Rufete, a much more destructive right midfielder in the right. You can see descriptions there.

Ah, what a piece of players in that squad. Angloma was excellent. So is Carboni, most aged player in the liga, and still kicking asses. I don't know Effes, just was a thought, it might come Stu or A.B. 3 minutes later to say that I'm wrong, which is the fun part of posting! to disagree a bit. :laugh:

Vicente was an out an out winger. Small, pacey, skillfull and a good crosser. Worked quite hard for the team aswell.

Rufete was more or a right sided Riise. Worked the line, crossed, tracked back, contributed in all area's.

Albelda and Baraja were both employed as Centre mids. Holding players, Baraja had slightly more license to roam but in general both holding players with Aimar playing between these two, the wingers and the main centre forward.
115-1073096938

Postby Effes » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:51 am

No Sabre, dont worry.
It's because STU is like STUpid. And he is.
His PM just said that I was foolish for talking about someone's age, yet he gave people abuse about their age.
Just like to give people a taste of their own medicine.

Yea, so back to the point.
It will be interesting to see if Rafa eventually plays an attacking midfielder as well as Kewell.
Oops, got another PM off Stupid. Not gonna read it though.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:23 am

Great news for Riise and for Liverpool. At the start of the season i honestly thought that Riise would have been sent packing for a nice amount of money in the summer.
But to be fair he has been an integral part of our defensive back four that have been the best defence in the premiership this season. I think that he is great defensively and Rafa seems to be getting the most out of his offensive capabilities as well. Rafa seems to be getting him to stay back and only head forward at opportunistic times.
Most of those great goals he gets is when he is completely unmarked on the edge of the box, but previously I have seen him a little to hungry to get himself in that position. The key is to get the right midfield player to relax and not think he is a threat.
With Kewell and Risse on the left we seem quite balanced and it’s a joy to watch, lets hope it continues to stay that way :cool:
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:53 am

I cant believe he is only 25 ???
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:29 am

i always like riise  and hope he play every game whether at leftback or left midfield. i feel frustated if troare or warnock play in his place. im glad he stay.
darwisigila

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion