Rafa signings/longevity - Don't often sign 'em like we used to

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Salty Sock » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:03 pm

I like donuts :)
And croissants.. and rafa ;)
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:44 pm

As I just said in the match thread I think it is wrong to look at how much Rafa has spent and compare to Fergie and then say he has had big money. When Rafa came in we were a mess. Where as utd were already a title winning side so naturally did not need to buy so many players to fill so many positions.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:14 pm

Rockthekop wrote:Of all the signings Rafa has made since he arrived, how many players have actually improved our first team?

Reina, Agger, Skrtel, Mash, Alonso, Torres

The rest are squad players at best and some never good enough to start with.

Rafa has bought more donuts than croissants.

Liverpool has no the economical potential of United to get all croissants.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:17 pm

This is true. Man Utds croissants are Marks and Spencer but ours are Sainsburies or worse...cafe down the road.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite69 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:27 pm

Salty Sock wrote:I like donuts :)

I cannot believe what i witnessed this afternoon. If ever there was a case of one result papering over the cracks of another season of mediocrity, it had to be Real Madrid in midweek.
I can't remember the time we gave away so many points to average or plain pi** poor sides.
In my humble opinion this is down to two things, two many average players, and not enough attacking intent.
When you also take into account the fact that we have sold bellamy,Crouch, and Keane, leaving us with a permanently half fit Torres,it's no :censored: wonder we cant hit a horses a**e with a banjo !
selling all our strikers was a mistake of monumental proportion. We all f***ing knew it would come back to bite us on the :censored:, and so it is proved !
While those two c-*-*-t-s from across the pond remain here things will not change, there is way too much in- fighting, and not enough focus on football matters.
Benítez has to accept his part in all of this, he has made some baffling and some downright ridiculous decisions this season, as well as airing his dirty laundry in public for most of the season.
Players like Ngog, Lucas,Dossena, must be shown the door in the summer, and i want to see Raffa (or whoever) bringing in one world class player, rather than 4 or 5 sacks of :censored:.
Whether we like it or not, we have handed Utd no 18.We are now fighting for cl places because we f***ing bottled it, simple as that.
It's the same old bloody story every week, Rafa gives it the old ', we must win this game' :censored:, then we go out and play like a pub team and draw against lowly opposition, which is always followed by 'we dominated the game, we had chances,we were the better side' etc etc etc etc
I am sick and tired of hearing it !!!!!
Just for f***ing once i want to go into may with a chance, is it too much to ask ?
Kopite69

Postby Sir Roger » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:28 am

Kopite69 wrote:
Salty Sock wrote:I like donuts :)

I cannot believe what i witnessed this afternoon. If ever there was a case of one result papering over the cracks of another season of mediocrity, it had to be Real Madrid in midweek.
I can't remember the time we gave away so many points to average or plain pi** poor sides.
In my humble opinion this is down to two things, two many average players, and not enough attacking intent.
When you also take into account the fact that we have sold bellamy,Crouch, and Keane, leaving us with a permanently half fit Torres,it's no :censored: wonder we cant hit a horses a**e with a banjo !
selling all our strikers was a mistake of monumental proportion. We all f***ing knew it would come back to bite us on the :censored:, and so it is proved !
While those two c-*-*-t-s from across the pond remain here things will not change, there is way too much in- fighting, and not enough focus on football matters.
Benítez has to accept his part in all of this, he has made some baffling and some downright ridiculous decisions this season, as well as airing his dirty laundry in public for most of the season.
Players like Ngog, Lucas,Dossena, must be shown the door in the summer, and i want to see Raffa (or whoever) bringing in one world class player, rather than 4 or 5 sacks of :censored:.
Whether we like it or not, we have handed Utd no 18.We are now fighting for cl places because we f***ing bottled it, simple as that.
It's the same old bloody story every week, Rafa gives it the old ', we must win this game' :censored:, then we go out and play like a pub team and draw against lowly opposition, which is always followed by 'we dominated the game, we had chances,we were the better side' etc etc etc etc
I am sick and tired of hearing it !!!!!
Just for f***ing once i want to go into may with a chance, is it too much to ask ?

Agreed
Ive just watched it again and I feel sick
Middlesborough!
For fuc'ks sake!!
The scariest part for me is that we were lucky not to get thrashed in the end
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:21 pm

The problem is, if you can't simply buy the top players, then the cards are stacked against you - and it's a long, uphill climb to merely compete. The issue of whether Rafa could have done more with the money he has to spend, I don't dispute for a moment. He certainly could have.

The problem is, at a club like Manchester United, flushed with cash, the manager can afford a lot of poor buys along the road to great buys. More importantly, he can compensate for poor buys quickly. At a club like ours, the margin for error is razor thin. If the manager buys poorly, then there's limited options to rectify the mistakes.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion