New defender - Who would you like rafa to sign in jan.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:23 am

Me? I'd hold off and muddle through with what we've got. Then I'd rob a bank and go and get Ledley King in the summer. Sorry for being boring and repeating myself for the last 18 months, but he is the one. If we can find a player who more suits our needs anywhere in World football outside of possibly John Terry, I would be mightily impressed.
Just as an add on, when I first mentioned him I said that he would cost more than William Gallas. Some on here choked into their cornflakes, feckin ridiculous statement they said. Would anybody care to bet who would cost more today on the open transfer market as long as neither player was in the final year of his contract or anything? No? thought not.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:33 am

Ledley King without a doubt, but if I am honest we do need 2 defenders, Traore is a liabity waiting to happen, every time he gets near the ball its heart in mouth time, he cannot cover for Hyypia, neither can Josemi, and we cant expect Carra to play every bloody game this season.
So its Ledley King for me any day of the week, instead of buying 3 or 4 Josemi's.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:40 am

I would love to see Gallas or Andrade in red, just get someone, we cannot have a repeat of the last transfer window :(
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:07 am

I like us to buy british. I agree King would be ideal but spurs wouldn't let him go for less than £20m.

I think Upson could do a good job, he is left sided which is a bonus.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:24 am

Ledley King most definately. If we want to build towards winning the prem (I hate it when people say EPL!) we need quality players who have made it in the Premiership, especially when the position is CB.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AwiLas » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:06 pm

Ayala or someone more experience....:p
AwiLas

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:12 pm

AwiLas wrote:Ayala or someone more experience....:p

TBH mate, we already have CB with plenty of experience in Carragher and Hyppia. What we need is a new young CB who will be playing for us for years to come but has the ability to make the grade now. Eg.,Ledley King or as me mate Rushie#9 said, Anton Ferdinand.

Having a younger CB who can deliver the goods now can only be good for the rear guard in terms of consistency over the coming years.
Last edited by wrighty (not mark!) on Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rafasredmen » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:13 pm

Gallas ideally King second choice but i think more money will be spent on the right midfielder and someone less well known will come in at centre back
rafasredmen

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:53 pm

Is everybody on here convinced that we need to spend money on a defender or is there anyone out there convinced that young Zak Whitbread would be able to stake a claim for a regular place in the team?
It's a bit of a dilemma i think for us the fans 'cos we haven't seen much of zak W. but would we all trust Rafa - the man in the know to throw him in to a big game in the EPL-(just to P1ss of  Wrighty(Not mark))?
:rasp
I personally think it is too early in his career yet for Zak to be thrown into the massive league games from the very start and I would definately go for either A Ferdinand IF we could afford him or someone like Lucio at Bayern Munching would be absolute class!!!
:D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:22 pm

If only we have roman ... then it would be john terry ...But as we all know that Rafa will players only with the right price .. Hope that we will buy two CB ... I would like to see Gab Milito and Daniele Bonera ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby desperado0831 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:08 pm

I would like to see David Raven or John Welsh to replace Sami in the first team. I am not interesting who will replace Sami, i am only looking forward that who worth the right winger when transfer window open at Jan. Give the lads chances, they will be a great outcome.
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:08 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:Seeing as Rafa decided to "rest" sami against Blackburn and use dodgy DJIMI instead it is quite clear that in January we need to sign a new defender.

Who are you like friggin Russell Grant ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby morton lc » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:21 pm

BOODIDDY wrote:ferdinand is a good one woodgate another possibility. Andrade is good also but i would like to see chivu:D

i think we need to sign to centre halfs just incase sammi and carra get injured or suspended,first we should make a move for woodgate as i think he is over his injury problems and his pace at the back would be an asset.we should also go for zat knight at fulham as he would not cost too much and he is young enough to learn from carra and sammi.
morton lc

Postby Ciggy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:24 pm

Wheres our Sabre to translate this, it looks like weve made a verbal agreement with Helguera.

Translated to:

Ivan Helguera will be a Liverpool player under Rafa Benitez next season. The Madrid man has agreed a verbal contract with the former Valencia coach, which will go through barring a last-minute hitch.

Helguera, 30, knows it's his last chance to showcase himself at a European giant and will not pass up the opportunity to do so at Anfield. His international experience will be welcomed by Benitez, who already has Carragher, Hyypia and others to compliment his arrival.

Another link.
http://goal.telecinco.es/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=93967&progr=0
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:40 pm

the other link is saying pretty much the same thing but adds that with the recuperation of woodgate and the signing of ramos helguera doesn't feel valued and that perez has the ideal excuse to get rid of him. the comments from madrid fans at the bottom are basically people being up in arms at the idea, saying how much they love their ivan and saying that they don't believe a word of it.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion