Preston North End v. Liverpool FC - FA Cup - Sat. Jan. 3rd

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:23 am

Sabre wrote:
roberto green wrote:Personally my man of the match was Albert Reira, The fella just seems to be getting better match by match and is starting to develop into a key player for us who looks totally at ease on the ball and is now starting to score some wonderful games

:D

Great goal, but today I think he needed what you say a rocket in the árse.

There was a ball in our own half of Insua, in which Riera waited for it when he shouldn't, and in some occasions today he played too arrogant like wanting to play walking and was therefore well tackled.

Apart from that details I think he's doing good games as of late.

saw him on the right a bit more than usual today even before we had the Aurelio Insua left side combo. I wonder if the reason he doesn't go over there more is due to Kuyt's lack of ability to play on the left?  I agree about his laziness at times today but he also played well at times with some nice moves down the left in addition to his very important goal.
JoeTerp

Postby Raffmaker » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:24 am

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:2.  Babel is sh:t - he didnt do anything.. which is worse than doing lots badly in my book.  The guy has limited skill, bad attitude and no idea when it comes to making decisions.. what a donkey!

You are such a Juvenile Moron who kows nothing about football.

Babel is the next John Barnes. His confidence is low, and he playes like a player who has not played a lot gams recently.

He needs to start more games, to build confidence.

Nit
Raffmaker

Postby Raffmaker » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:25 am

roberto green wrote:Personally my man of the match was Albert Reira, The fella just seems to be getting better match by match and is starting to develop into a key player for us who looks totally at ease on the ball and is now starting to score some wonderful games

WHat I like about Riera is his ability to find amazing acute angles to pass balls, smart reverse passes/ crosses etc. a definate asset in my book.
Last edited by Raffmaker on Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raffmaker

Postby Rush Job » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:25 am

I didnt see the match so ive just looked through the thread hoping the asian dude had posted up the goals, he hasnt so has anyone got a link to the goals?
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:26 am

Raffmaker wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:2.  Babel is sh:t - he didnt do anything.. which is worse than doing lots badly in my book.  The guy has limited skill, bad attitude and no idea when it comes to making decisions.. what a donkey!

Babel is the next John Barnes. His confidence is low, and he playes like a player who has not played a lot gams recently.

Nit

Insults really support your opinion.  :talktothehand

Babel was absolute :censored: today and theres no defending it.  I dont buy into that confidence bull sh!t because he is a PROFESSIONAL footballer, and therefore it is part of his job to be able to handle these things.
SupitsJonF

Postby Raffmaker » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:31 am

So if Stevie G or Carra was left out for quite a few games/ or given 20 mins at the end of each game then you would expect the same Stevie G or Carra impact in a game???

have a think to yourself boy!!
Last edited by Raffmaker on Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raffmaker

Postby SupitsJonF » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:35 am

Babel had 90 mins to show something, what did he show?  If this was a thing that happened every now and then I wouldn't be on his back, but this is something that happens almost every week.  Needs to go on loan, so he can play 90 mins a week in and out to see if he will really get better.

And yes, I think Gerrard can make an impact in 20 minutes.
SupitsJonF

Postby LegBarnes » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:38 am

bigmick wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
Madmax wrote:

Agreed. The lad has got no pin point vision. His passes are just poor at times.

funny that he almost had 4 assists today due to poor finishing.  :laugh:

Barnesy are you the Baron of Babelians? the undisputed King of Babelia?

Thats king barnes to you peasant , any ways its true prove me wrong or off with ya head.  :rasp
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:05 am

Raffmaker wrote:

Nit

If Babel is the next John Barnes then im 21,

Not a chance mate is he anywhere near becoming the Next Barnes , your just being daft now
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Quadrophenia » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:09 am

Babel the next John Barnes, so a natural right footed forward is the next natural left footed winger? :censored: hell, that's a good un, which crimbo cracker did that come from?
We are the Mods
We are the Mods
We are
We are
We are the Mods
Quadrophenia

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:21 am

Raffmaker wrote:

Nit

F*ck me.

And the prize for joke of the week goes to....
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:28 am

Zepce wrote:
Raffmaker wrote:

Nit

well,mate you will have to get used on people who watch football but who can`t understand it. There are people who watch football for 50 years,but can`t understand some obvious things. Babel is really great prospect,who showed his world class talent couple of times at Liverpool. I will never forget his 15 minutes against Arsenal in CL,his goals against Chelsea,Derby,Mancs,that cracking goal against Besiktas,some of his fantastic movements with the ball... But that`s just me... Other people remember player`s running abilities,hard working and people like me and you must listen this crapp,cause everybody watches football

:laugh: nice try  :D
account deleted by request

Postby mart » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:38 am

Raffmaker wrote:

Nit

If he is such a great talent he sure can waste the chances he gets in the first team. Apart from a few glimpses as a sub he hasnt shown much in the time he has been at liverpool.

He has talent and ability but seems to lack a footballing brain.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:48 am

SupitsJonF wrote:
Raffmaker wrote:

Nit

Insults really support your opinion.  :talktothehand

Babel was absolute :censored: today and theres no defending it.  I dont buy into that confidence bull sh!t because he is a PROFESSIONAL footballer, and therefore it is part of his job to be able to handle these things.

Babel is shi.t period!...the less said of this lazy, clueless waste of space the better! Really thought he'll show his potential & talent if we're patient with him but I'll say enough is enough...his decision making is appalling, almost every moves breaks down after him, won't tackle back, poor work rate etc etc...nuff said!  :veryangry
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:04 am

roberto green wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
redrover wrote:
s@int wrote:
redrover wrote:as usual on here its the same people who reply to each other all the time. 2 different people have passed comment on babel and have been totally ignored. if you want more debate on here you rally will have to stop these little cliqes and include more people or what is the point.?and if you ignore this i'm going in and taking me ball with me   :p

I think the problem is we all know Babel is struggling ..... not really much else to say about him thats not already been said mate.

wow a reply  :D . when he arrived you could see the potential thats there but is he just wasting his talent, playing out of his favoured position or just not able to adapt to this league ?

Just don't think he's a liverpool player. He'd be perfect for a team like Arsenal but we need someone who will give a bit more all over the pitch, not just the opposing half.

why do people always say that Babel would be perfect for Arsenal?

???

whatever it takes to get the gooners out of the top 4  :laugh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion