Preston North End v. Liverpool FC - FA Cup - Sat. Jan. 3rd

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:00 pm

redrover wrote:
s@int wrote:
redrover wrote:as usual on here its the same people who reply to each other all the time. 2 different people have passed comment on babel and have been totally ignored. if you want more debate on here you rally will have to stop these little cliqes and include more people or what is the point.?and if you ignore this i'm going in and taking me ball with me   :p

I think the problem is we all know Babel is struggling ..... not really much else to say about him thats not already been said mate.

wow a reply  :D . when he arrived you could see the potential thats there but is he just wasting his talent, playing out of his favoured position or just not able to adapt to this league ?

I don't think it matters where he plays if he's not going to show a bit more heart and bottle. Just doesn't seem interested in fighting for his place to me.
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:01 pm

redrover wrote:
s@int wrote:
redrover wrote:as usual on here its the same people who reply to each other all the time. 2 different people have passed comment on babel and have been totally ignored. if you want more debate on here you rally will have to stop these little cliqes and include more people or what is the point.?and if you ignore this i'm going in and taking me ball with me   :p

I think the problem is we all know Babel is struggling ..... not really much else to say about him thats not already been said mate.

wow a reply  :D . when he arrived you could see the potential thats there but is he just wasting his talent, playing out of his favoured position or just not able to adapt to this league ?

Not being funny like here Redrover but there is a Babel thread where hes disscussed. An from me hes not good enough ,Shi.thouse no bottle, no vision , big yard dog like him should be winning fifty fifty balls an yet he dosnt even challenge , Unless its with his back.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:05 pm

john craig wrote:Our best players were the usual suspects again this season - Alonso, Gerrard and Riera.  All quality. 

Carragher didn't have his best game and again I didn't think Agger was particularly good (sorry s@int!).  He sails too close to the wind at times and is too fond of having his hands all over strikers.  Carra was bad for that as well tonight and another ref would have given a pen for one of those.  Carra's excuse is he was out of position though.  Even Hyypia I thought didn't win that many headers tonight which is very unlike him.

Thought Cavalieri looked better second half, came out and took a few crosses to take the pressure off, but he made a mistake coming off his line in the first half when Insua got him out of trouble.

One thing I couldn't understand tonight - why was Carragher the full back to push forward all the time?  Insua was playing like he was told to sit - he never wanted to get beyond Riera.  On the other side Carra was trying to overlap Babel as if he had been told to bomb up at every opportunity (first half anyway).

Not our best performance, but having said that if we'd taken our chances first half it could have been 6-0 so we weren't exactly bad either.  That man Keane the culprit again.

TBH I agree he sails a bit too close to the wind with his holding etc, but I thought he read the game well today , made a few timely interceptions and tackles and held his own against much bigger players, admittedly with the use of his arms.

Not my m.o.t.m. but one of our better player today (for me anyway)

Postby Zidane » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:05 pm

redrover wrote:
s@int wrote:

There are quite a few flaws in Babel's game that limit him from becoming a top flight player some of them being mentioned by other people.  imo he can only be consistent when playing against inferior players on a consistent basis which would probably be in another league.
Zidane

Postby redrover » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:07 pm

s@int wrote:
redrover wrote:
s@int wrote:

I don't think it matters where he plays if he's not going to show a bit more heart and bottle. Just doesn't seem interested in fighting for his place to me.

agree with all that but why does he not get taking off when playing so bad ? i know he's not the only player n ot living up to his potential at the moment but others get taken off he stays on no matter what. would this point to rafa actually persisting with him in the future or giving him ample time to step up or step out ? ps i think in recent games lucas has looked better ?
shamrock rovers and liverpool are not a matter of life and death to me. they are much more important than that.
redrover

Postby roberto green » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:07 pm

dawson99 wrote:
redrover wrote:
s@int wrote:

Just don't think he's a liverpool player. He'd be perfect for a team like Arsenal but we need someone who will give a bit more all over the pitch, not just the opposing half.

Why do people always say Babel  would be perfect for Arsenal?

???
roberto green

Postby roberto green » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:10 pm

dawson99 wrote:
redrover wrote:
s@int wrote:

Just don't think he's a liverpool player. He'd be perfect for a team like Arsenal but we need someone who will give a bit more all over the pitch, not just the opposing half.

why do people always say that Babel would be perfect for Arsenal?

???
roberto green

Postby redrover » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:10 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
redrover wrote:
s@int wrote:

Not being funny like here Redrover but there is a Babel thread where hes disscussed. An from me hes not good enough ,Shi.thouse no bottle, no vision , big yard dog like him should be winning fifty fifty balls an yet he dosnt even challenge , Unless its with his back.

i take your point nanny about a thread for babel but we are discussing the immediate aftermath of the game and what im asking is relevant to the game we just watched. yeh ?
shamrock rovers and liverpool are not a matter of life and death to me. they are much more important than that.
redrover

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:12 pm

banana wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
banana wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
Dundalk wrote:
banana wrote:Keane with another shocking game. Bye bye Keane. You're not wanted here.

Were you saying that when he scored against Arsenal?

I didnt think so

Just ignore him mate he's an absolute clueless gurning little kunt.Only pops up every once in a while for a whinge!

You are taking your anger and frustration out on me. I can take it no problem, if it makes you better.

I, on the other hand, like to focus on the team and the game.

I see a pizz poor irish weak, soft, sissy striker with no confidence, no pace, no penetration, no strenght, no airial presence. THat is an easy call for me. He's out.

We can't afford to waste chance after chance. Now we have Alonso out injured. He has been our BEST player this yerar. First half; Alonso - good half. Good control of the game.
Second half; NO Alonso - Preston is taking over midfield

We may pay the price for Keanes wasted chances. Lets see.

I put the team ABOVE the player. I support Liverpool. That you may not understand.

How about you fuc'k up?
Last season you were always yapping about Kuyt..The fact is thats all you do..complain!

Never once in my time on here have I seen you post anything remotely positive about LFC!
You are just a yappy gurning little kunt,thats all you'll ever be.. :censored: Up!

Yeah right... Did you read my half time newcastle post when we were 2-1 up? I may repeat it for you:

This is total football. Amazing away game. Creating about 10 goal opportunities in 45 minutes. Newcastle is not looking like a premier league side. I can easily see them go down. I suppose they will sack Joe Kinnear pretty soon and try to get a real manager.

First half ratings

Reina 6

Carra 6
Hyypia 8
Agger 7
Insua 6

Babel 7
Gerrard 7
Lucas 8
Masch 8
Benayoun 8

Kuyt 7

A really lucky goal for newcastle at the end doesn't take away anything from the lads.

So I guess youre right? Or just trying to cover up your failure to understand the art of modern football?

I support the team, you put players ahead of the team. In my book only Torres, Masch, Gerrard, Alonso, Carra, Skrtl and Reina are players able to define the team.

Your beloved Kuyt, I don't like. He has good skills in some areas but desperately lacking in others. Are we LFC or are we Leicester? If we are Leicester then Kuyt is good enough. If we are Stoke then Keane is good enough. If we are LFC we must be looking for a whole lot more.

Either you don't understand the game, or you are denying the obvious.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:14 pm

agree with all that but why does he not get taking off when playing so bad ? i know he's not the only player n ot living up to his potential at the moment but others get taken off he stays on no matter what. would this point to rafa actually persisting with him in the future or giving him ample time to step up or step out ? ps i think in recent games lucas has looked better ?

I think that rather than looking at individual players performances Rafa looks at how he can improve the shape of the team (or maintain it)when he brings on his subs. Thats why he often changes like for like players who perhaps offer different options rather than bringing on a forward for a midfielder etc etc.

Which is probably why he sometimes leaves players on who are struggling while bringing off players who are having a reasonably good game.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:14 pm

update on my Xabi.

Alonso failed to reappear for the second half after colliding with a Preston defender, and assistant boss Sammy Lee insists the club won't know the extent of any damage for at least 24 hours.

"Unfortunately Xabi has had seven stitches in his instep," said Sammy after the game.

"We do not know the full extent of the injury, apart from the fact he will be very sore tonight.

"Hopefully there will be no damage but we won't know for the next 24 or 48 hours."
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:15 pm

Babel was shyte today. How many times did he run into Preston players of give the ball away?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eonerf » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:16 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Stevie waited for Torres so long he made himself a cup of tea an a sandwich before laying the ball off nicly. :nod

lol I was wondering why we didn't take a shot when he had the chance. If I was him I probably would have tried to score a goal considering the fact that the Preston fans were booing him earlier in the match.
eonerf

Postby tubby » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:16 pm

NANNY RED wrote:update on my Xabi.

Alonso failed to reappear for the second half after colliding with a Preston defender, and assistant boss Sammy Lee insists the club won't know the extent of any damage for at least 24 hours.

"Unfortunately Xabi has had seven stitches in his instep," said Sammy after the game.

"We do not know the full extent of the injury, apart from the fact he will be very sore tonight.

"Hopefully there will be no damage but we won't know for the next 24 or 48 hours."

If he was still walking albeit with  acast then it cant be that bad otherwise he would have been on crutches.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:16 pm

NANNY RED wrote:update on my Xabi.

Hopefully it's just a wound then and he will just be out for a fortnight.
roberto green

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion