Preston North End v. Liverpool FC - FA Cup - Sat. Jan. 3rd

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NiftyNeil » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:17 pm

NANNY RED wrote:update on my Xabi.

Alonso failed to reappear for the second half after colliding with a Preston defender, and assistant boss Sammy Lee insists the club won't know the extent of any damage for at least 24 hours.

"Unfortunately Xabi has had seven stitches in his instep," said Sammy after the game.

"We do not know the full extent of the injury, apart from the fact he will be very sore tonight.

"Hopefully there will be no damage but we won't know for the next 24 or 48 hours."

At least it's not a break or ligament damage. Cuts heal quite quickly.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:18 pm

Alonso failed to reappear for the second half after colliding with a Preston defender, and assistant boss Sammy Lee insists the club won't know the extent of any damage for at least 24 hours.

"Unfortunately Xabi has had seven stitches in his instep," said Sammy after the game.

"We do not know the full extent of the injury, apart from the fact he will be very sore tonight.

"Hopefully there will be no damage but we won't know for the next 24 or 48 hours."

If its just stiches he should be ok, just depends on where on his instep they are. Bit of padding, a plaster and a kiss off Nanny and he will be right as rain.
account deleted by request

Postby redrover » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:18 pm

s@int wrote:I think that rather than looking at individual players performances Rafa looks at how he can improve the shape of the team (or maintain it)when he brings on his subs. Thats why he often changes like for like players who perhaps offer different options rather than bringing on a forward for a midfielder etc etc.

Which is probably why he sometimes leaves players on who are struggling while bringing off players who are having a reasonably good game.

fair enough so would you expect him to be leaving soon or is that dependant on us getting a decent price for him in order to replace him?. we all know that managers generally dont see things the way fans do but rafa has been quick in the past to move players on who are not progressing, although maybe this will change giving the financial restraints we are operating under.
shamrock rovers and liverpool are not a matter of life and death to me. they are much more important than that.
redrover

Postby Zidane » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:20 pm

whew looks good then.
Zidane

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:20 pm

bavlondon wrote:

If he was still walking albeit with  acast then it cant be that bad otherwise he would have been on crutches.

Gutted Bav an i hope hes alright, i was nearly doing a you when he got injured :laugh: Gme deffo changed though without him.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:21 pm

eonerf wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Stevie waited for Torres so long he made himself a cup of tea an a sandwich before laying the ball off nicly. :nod

lol I was wondering why we didn't take a shot when he had the chance. If I was him I probably would have tried to score a goal considering the fact that the Preston fans were booing him earlier in the match.

Stevie did wisper to Torres after scored that he could return the favour by passing him the soap in the showers

:D
roberto green

Postby NiftyNeil » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:23 pm

bavlondon wrote:Babel was shyte today. How many times did he run into Preston players of give the ball away?

He also set up a couple of goal scoring opportunities too. If Gerrard had scored them both, he'd have a couple of assists. I know it wasn't Babel's best game, but neither was it Agger's, Keane's or Mascherano's. I think people forget that he is still quite young.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:24 pm

redrover wrote:
s@int wrote:I think that rather than looking at individual players performances Rafa looks at how he can improve the shape of the team (or maintain it)when he brings on his subs. Thats why he often changes like for like players who perhaps offer different options rather than bringing on a forward for a midfielder etc etc.

Which is probably why he sometimes leaves players on who are struggling while bringing off players who are having a reasonably good game.

fair enough so would you expect him to be leaving soon or is that dependant on us getting a decent price for him in order to replace him?. we all know that managers generally dont see things the way fans do but rafa has been quick in the past to move players on who are not progressing, although maybe this will change giving the financial restraints we are operating under.

Problem will be getting anything like our money back on him. I think we would be lucky to get £7million for him now, Dutch clubs don't have the money , maybe a Spanish club might?

I would sell him, but I would have sold Kuyt, Benny, Dossena and Alonso last summer as well for the right price.
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:28 pm

s@int wrote:. Bit of padding, a plaster and a kiss off Nanny and he will be right as rain.

:laugh: Never a truer word spoken. i said the same thing today when my grandaughter fell, Come here an yeh nan will kiss it better,

Forget the padding an the plaster with Xabi though just the kissing it better will do. ill die happy then smile on me face :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redrover » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:32 pm

s@int wrote:
redrover wrote:

Problem will be getting anything like our money back on him. I think we would be lucky to get £7million for him now, Dutch clubs don't have the money , maybe a Spanish club might?

I would sell him, but I would have sold Kuyt, Benny, Dossena and Alonso last summer as well for the right price.

if we'd of had this conversation at the end of last season i would have agreed with you totally about all of those players. alonso would be the only 1 i would keep even now. money restraints are going to dictate alot of things in the near future and i fear we will fall a bit short with the squad we have at the moment. that said our strongest team is as good as any.
shamrock rovers and liverpool are not a matter of life and death to me. they are much more important than that.
redrover

Postby roberto green » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:35 pm

Personally my man of the match was Albert Reira, The fella just seems to be getting better match by match and is starting to develop into a key player for us who looks totally at ease on the ball and is now starting to score some wonderful games

:D
roberto green

Postby only me » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:04 pm

This Game prooved for me once again that now it is a critical time to make critical decisions if we want to go all the way - Babel ,Keane ,Lucas ,Aurellio should be sold to the highest bidder and should be replaced by effective players.

I'm sorry but i lost patience with Babel and Keane which seem to suffer a mental/confidence collapse and just look pathetic on the field - why the hell did Rafa release crouch will never knew - Lucas for me just lack the quality we need and he and Aurellio are wasting time on the pitch ,how do we manage to sign such poor brazilians?

Rafa must hit the nail on the new signinings we can't rely on those guys to keeps us going all the way.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redrover » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:06 pm

only me wrote:This Game prooved for me once again that now it is a critical time to make critical decisions if we want to go all the way - Babel ,Keane ,Lucas ,Aurellio should be sold to the highest bidder and should be replaced by effective players.

I'm sorry but i lost patience with Babel and Keane which seem to suffer a mental/confidence collapse and just look pathetic on the field - why the hell did Rafa release crouch will never knew - Lucas for me just lack the quality we need and he and Aurellio are wasting time on the pitch ,how do we manage to sign such poor brazilians?

Rafa must hit the nail on the new signinings we can't rely on those guys to keeps us going all the way.

did you not think lucas has improved recently. dont rate aurellio at all but thought lucas was improving
redrover

Postby only me » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:10 pm

redrover wrote:
only me wrote:This Game prooved for me once again that now it is a critical time to make critical decisions if we want to go all the way - Babel ,Keane ,Lucas ,Aurellio should be sold to the highest bidder and should be replaced by effective players.

did you not think lucas has improved recently. dont rate aurellio at all but thought lucas was improving

Lucas improved but i don't see him good enough for our team and goals - he plays the ball too safe relying on those short passes which lead the game no where - he doesn't push the ball forward or deeply as Alonso and for me it's just not good enough.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redrover » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:14 pm

well if he has improved he can improve again. hes still very young so wouldnt give up on him just yet. we cannot afford to waste money on the likes of dossena thats for sure
redrover

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion