Preston North End v. Liverpool FC - FA Cup - Sat. Jan. 3rd

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:25 pm

Todays game confirmed 2 things for me...

1.  Alonso is world class and should not be sold at any price - the difference he made when he went off was unbelievable

2.  Babel is sh:t - he didnt do anything.. which is worse than doing lots badly in my book.  The guy has limited skill, bad attitude and no idea when it comes to making decisions.. what a donkey!

Overall a great first 45 minutes where we should have been out of sight, second half we just took our foot off the gas and struggled to get it back on.  Job done though!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby RedBlood » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:25 pm

anybody got the goals ??
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:27 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Zidane wrote:
roberto green wrote:you just seem to know that Keane is doomed at Liverpool now.

It's almost starting to feel that way isn't it?  His head is just all in the wrong places I felt like if he were to put one in he would be okay but he didn't and it just makes you wonder if he will ever straighten himself out here at LFC.  He's better than this and he's a good character but I don't think Rafa or the fans will put up with TWO players missing sitters like this all the time. (Kuyt)

Since when has Keane been a lethal and ruthless finisher that never misses a half chance? If you've been watching him all his career playing for his country and various clubs, you'd know he's prone to missing quiet a few of these sitters. Just because the club spent 20 million on him, it all of a sudden won't transform the man into a Ian Rush in front of the net. He is what he is. Prone to mistakes, but does his fair share of other stuff on the pitch. His goal tally will balance his "sitters" out at the end of the season. Judge him then.

Couldnt agree more.... Ive no doubts about him at all. Not sure he enjoys playing alongside Babel , how many times does Keane make an intelligent run, for Babel to blast a shot over by 20 yards ???
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:36 pm

First half we were brill, great team play, we should have killed the game and i have to admit keane missed a few sitters. I had another look at his chances, i thought it was the goalkeeper that was brill but keane really should have hit the back of the net. When torres came on he looked more lively and threatening than keane was in the 2nd half. If alonso had played the whole match definitely would have had him as man of the match. Clearly shows how much we missed him in the 2nd half. For me riera had a really good game, he looking dangerous and intervened in some great play with stevie. Hyypia had a good game aswel. Stevie played like he always does but i feel he lacked some zip in his shots. Overall a scappy encounter and a decent performance.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:36 pm

roberto green wrote:Personally my man of the match was Albert Reira, The fella just seems to be getting better match by match and is starting to develop into a key player for us who looks totally at ease on the ball and is now starting to score some wonderful games

:D

sorry

wonderful goals

roberto green

Postby Madmax » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:38 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:2.  Babel is sh:t - he didnt do anything.. which is worse than doing lots badly in my book.  The guy has limited skill, bad attitude and no idea when it comes to making decisions.. what a donkey!

Agreed. The lad has got no pin point vision. His passes are just poor at times.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:15 pm

only me wrote:This Game prooved for me once again that now it is a critical time to make critical decisions if we want to go all the way - Babel ,Keane ,Lucas ,Aurellio should be sold to the highest bidder and should be replaced by effective players.

I'm sorry but i lost patience with Babel and Keane which seem to suffer a mental/confidence collapse and just look pathetic on the field - why the hell did Rafa release crouch will never knew - Lucas for me just lack the quality we need and he and Aurellio are wasting time on the pitch ,how do we manage to sign such poor brazilians?

Rafa must hit the nail on the new signinings we can't rely on those guys to keeps us going all the way.

If Rafa sold them in January it would be probably the most stupid thing ever.
I guess you got excitate a bit by their poor performances, simply that.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:19 pm

roberto green wrote:Personally my man of the match was Albert Reira, The fella just seems to be getting better match by match and is starting to develop into a key player for us who looks totally at ease on the ball and is now starting to score some wonderful games

Great goal, but today I think he needed what you say a rocket in the árse.

There was a ball in our own half of Insua, in which Riera waited for it when he shouldn't, and in some occasions today he played too arrogant like wanting to play walking and was therefore well tackled.

Apart from that details I think he's doing good games as of late.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:22 pm

Madmax wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:2.  Babel is sh:t - he didnt do anything.. which is worse than doing lots badly in my book.  The guy has limited skill, bad attitude and no idea when it comes to making decisions.. what a donkey!

funny that he almost had 4 assists today due to poor finishing.  :laugh:
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:28 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
Madmax wrote:

funny that he almost had 4 assists today due to poor finishing.  :laugh:

Barnesy are you the Baron of Babelians? the undisputed King of Babelia?

"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:48 pm

oh fck that i slept as soon as the game started and missed all 90 mins :(

glad we won the game though...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:57 pm

i wouldn't sell anyone yet....not while we're top of the league and still in the cups we want to be in...

apart from the lack of clinical finishing, great first half performance and we dominated most of the game without making mistakes at the back...2-0 was a fair result,3 or 4 would have been more realistic given the chances we had.

im happy with the way Insua is progressing, he seems to handle pressure v.well........and as long as we are taking enough chances to win games i couldn't give a sh.it how many chances we miss....Keane will always be hit and miss, he's that type of player, and babel needs to give his mouth a rest and work on his football....
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:11 am

only me wrote:Lucas improved but i don't see him good enough for our team and goals - he plays the ball too safe relying on those short passes which lead the game no where - he doesn't push the ball forward or deeply as Alonso and for me it's just not good enough.

You have no clue or you just don't watch him play.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Alex G. » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:16 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
only me wrote:Lucas improved but i don't see him good enough for our team and goals - he plays the ball too safe relying on those short passes which lead the game no where - he doesn't push the ball forward or deeply as Alonso and for me it's just not good enough.

You have no clue or you just don't watch him play.

Leiva will be great, and he has a good mentality, he´s humble and wants learn and improve, just the opposite of babel who is obsessed with his position on the pitch.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Raffmaker » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:21 am

NANNY RED wrote:Stevie waited for Torres so long he made himself a cup of tea an a sandwich before laying the ball off nicly. :nod

Of course he did, but clever by Stevie to give Torres a confidence boost upon his return!!

Any bets Keane would have sliced that pass wide, LOL !
:eyebrow

Alonso I doubt is badly injured or he would have been off to hospital. Bruising probably.

Good.
Raffmaker

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion