Preston North End v. Liverpool FC - FA Cup - Sat. Jan. 3rd

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sarge » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:13 am

forget babel, i think keane was sh!t too...

i must dunno football
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:16 am

Babel is the next John Barnes!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby benjy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:09 am

i take the point that babel hasn't played much this season. but when u are given a chance for a full 90 mins, surely u have to do more than what he did against preston.

much as i do not like lucas either, at least when he came back into the team, he really played much better. now lucas is about babel's age, right?

i just think he did not put in the effort today. and like someone said earlier, he just jumping for balls with his back, rather than his head. he looked so helpless out there, i was surprised rafa didn't take him off. but i guess that's to give him a run and a boost to his confidence. or perhaps because other players needed replacing.

i am willing to give him a few more games to see if he improves. but we can't afford to have someone playing like he did in the team against premiership teams. but for me, against preston, he was really bad.
benjy

Postby PNE_fan » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:25 am

Hi does anybody know where i can get the full 90 minute highlights from?

any torrents?
PNE_fan

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:42 am

PNE_fan wrote:Hi does anybody know where i can get the full 90 minute highlights from?

any torrents?

click here im unsure if it works but you can give it a try.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby eds » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:45 am

Raffmaker wrote:So if Stevie G or Carra was left out for quite a few games/ or given 20 mins at the end of each game then you would expect the same Stevie G or Carra impact in a game???

have a think to yourself boy!!

Gerrard and Carra would make more of an impact with 2 minutes of game time compared to Babel playing 90mins.

Keep trying tho sonny, your entertaining the rest of us with your bell-end stupidity.

:rasp
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Owzat » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:51 am

LegBarnes wrote:
Madmax wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:2.  Babel is sh:t - he didnt do anything.. which is worse than doing lots badly in my book.  The guy has limited skill, bad attitude and no idea when it comes to making decisions.. what a donkey!

Agreed. The lad has got no pin point vision. His passes are just poor at times.

funny that he almost had 4 assists today due to poor finishing.  :laugh:

You sure? Which '4 assists' would he have had?

Keane's first miss? Set up by Riera wasn't it?
Keane's one on one? Offside, but thought Gerrard (possibly Alonso) played him in
Keane's third miss? Might have been Babel

Torres and Riera didn't miss. I remember Alonso miscuing wide, but if that was 'assisted' by Babel then that's generous with the word. Mascherano hit one whizzed wide, I don't remember that many chances that Babel could have assisted on 4
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:01 am

^^^^ IIRC he might have set up Gerrard once.
JoeTerp

Postby Owzat » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:01 am

Decent performance from us until around 70 mins in when PNE applied pressure and we resorted to hoofed clearances as we have done too often in the past. First half kind of reminiscent of the Newcastle game with a few less chances. We should have tucked away enough to have won the game by half time, a certain £20.3m striker the worst culprit. Alonso controlled the midfield with Gerrard and Mascherano, Riera had some magic moments including his goal, but again drifted in and out of the game. They hit us on the counter, but didn't have enough in midfield and "the beast" must be another name for donkey because a quicker or better striker than Parkin might have caused us some problems.

Our defence coped with what was thrown at it just about well enough at times, Cavalieri wasn't seriously tested and even the early shot he turned round the post was already going wide. Unfortunately Babel was always likely to be the debating point on this thread unless he had a good game - he didn't. He was pretty poor, taking aside these '4 assists' he might have had that I don't recall (too m)any of. Keane worked hard, got into good positions and missed. We looked ok when Alonso went off until late on when PNE pushed on and we pressed the panic button. I thought Rafa left it way too late to bring Torres on, by the time he entered the fray he was trying to feed off length of the pitch punts upfield - until a Babel challenge on halfway was deemed not a foul and Gerrard rushed past the last defender sat on his Rs to set Torres up.

We did enough, I have a horrid feeling we will draw a Premiership side next round - my bones are chillin' and tellin' me it's going to be Arsenal.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:17 pm

Babel the next Barnes :D
Seriously did you ever watch John Barnes?  I would guess your not old enough due to your infantile comparison... what's your thinking behind this rediculous statement... both their names start with B and they play on
the left??

Nice one Einstein

:p
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby JamCar05 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:12 pm

Good first half where we should have lead by more, had Keane remembered to bring his shooting boots. In the second half we started brightly as well but quickly got pegged back by PNE, so credit to them for that. In the end we clearly (as Rafa would have said :D) deserved the win looking at the overall game. Oh, and Babel was absolutely horrible!
JamCar05

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:48 pm

Grt game for Gerrard, Torres' return - solid performance !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:38 am

Gerrard was immense, Riera's great... but Babel, he reminds me of Djibril Cisse. poor touch and no footballing brain.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:49 am

SupitsJonF wrote:Babel had 90 mins to show something, what did he show?  If this was a thing that happened every now and then I wouldn't be on his back, but this is something that happens almost every week.  Needs to go on loan, so he can play 90 mins a week in and out to see if he will really get better.

And yes, I think Gerrard can make an impact in 20 minutes.

Exactly, Babel has not developed so well since he moved to Liverpool.  I think that he was right when he wanted to go back to Ajax on a loan, he knows that he's not progressing so well at this club.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Judge » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:02 am

great day. had a laugh with lots of North end fans. after the match made my to lane ends pub to have a few bevvies - great day all round, if your a liverpool fan :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion