The true liverpool negotiator - Article on liverpool, translated

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:01 pm

Disclaimer: It's the article the one who says Voronin is a quality signing, not me

Disclaimer: I bring this article as we talk much about Rafa, the owners and Parry, but there are many men who also have something to do in our success and failures

Edu Macia. He doesn't play Tetris there. :D

EDU MACIA SNUBBED A VALENCIA OFFER IN ORDER TO CONTINUE WITH BENITEZ
The true Liverpool negotiator. Fernando Alvarez. Valencia

He's one of the less known faces in one of the most legendary clubs in the world. Under the shadow of Benitez, Eduardo Macia, ex technical secretary of Valencia, has been reinforcing Liverpool the last two years and now he's working on the challenge of giving the squad a leap of quality so that he can compete really with Manchester, Chelsea, and Arsenal.

He just signed the Swiss international defender Philipp Degen. The name of the right back doesn't take many headlines in the newspapers, despite he has reached on a free transfer after finishing his Borussia Dortmund contract. But it wasn't as easy as  not paying anything.

In the last two seasons he has managed millions of pounds in order to negotiate succesful transfers like Torres, Voronin, Mascherano, Kuyt, Arbeloa, Babel, Benayoun, Skrtel, Pennant or Lucas Leiva. But when he's told about spending, he always ansers that his mission is making cash aswell. We are not spending that much. People only appreciate the players that are coming, but do not appeciate the sellings Liverpool make that also generate resources to buy footballers later. When you take that into account, we're not spending that much really. We're probably investing less than the other top teams of the premiership" - He says.

[b]Benitez's man of trust

Edu Macia is the man of trust of Benitez when it comes to sport issues. Now the manager is on holidays, they're constantly phoning each other and are linked by a common obsession: Win the premiership for Liverpool (1). "That's our challenge, but we're fighting against clubs that are in the correct path from years ago, with a inmense amount of investment in the previous years. We're just jumping into that train" He says.

This season should be key in that definitive transformation of Liverpool Football Club. "Rather than a transition phase, we're finnishing the phase that will put in the position to challenge for every title with every warranty."

A couple of months ago, Macia received the call of Valencia. Eduardo, son of manolo Macia, who is a member of the staff of Mestalla's club, prefered to stay beside Benitez. "I only want professional challenges. I'm a guy who like to finnish the projects that I've started. In football you have to work there where you see your job is respected, and there where you can develop your job with intensity. That place is Liverpool" - He concludes.

---------------------------------

Well Eduardo, like some posters like myself, seems to be seeing some sort of progress rather than stagnancy.

I bring this article because, when we debate heavily about Rafa, many times we reference Parry as the man of Liverpool who has to do something to make things happen, and for what I read here, Eduardo has an important role aswell.

I translate this with the double goal of informing you and to practise my english, so please correct me if some of the translation doesn't make sense.

Any comments?
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sworth26 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:08 pm

Sabre wrote:Disclaimer: It's the article the one who says Voronin is a quality signing, not me

Disclaimer: I bring this article as we talk much about Rafa, the owners and Parry, but there are many men who also have something to do in our success and failures

Edu Macia. He doesn't play Tetris there. :D

EDU MACIA SNUBBED A VALENCIA OFFER IN ORDER TO CONTINUE WITH BENITEZ
The true Liverpool negotiator. Fernando Alvarez. Valencia

He's one of the less known faces in one of the most legendary clubs in the world. Under the shadow of Benitez, Eduardo Macia, ex technical secretary of Valencia, has been reinforcing Liverpool the last two years and now he's working on the challenge of giving the squad a leap of quality so that he can compete really with Manchester, Chelsea, and Arsenal.

He just signed the Swiss international defender Philipp Degen. The name of the right back doesn't take many headlines in the newspapers, despite he has reached on a free transfer after finishing his Borussia Dortmund contract. But it wasn't as easy as  not paying anything.

In the last two seasons he has managed millions of pounds in order to negotiate succesful transfers like Torres, Voronin, Mascherano, Kuyt, Arbeloa, Babel, Benayoun, Skrtel, Pennant or Lucas Leiva. But when he's told about spending, he always ansers that his mission is making cash aswell. We are not spending that much. People only appreciate the players that are coming, but do not appeciate the sellings Liverpool make that also generate resources to buy footballers later. When you take that into account, we're not spending that much really. We're probably investing less than the other top teams of the premiership" - He says.

[b]Benitez's man of trust

Edu Macia is the man of trust of Benitez when it comes to sport issues. Now the manager is on holidays, they're constantly phoning each other and are linked by a common obsession: Win the premiership for Liverpool (1). "That's our challenge, but we're fighting against clubs that are in the correct path from years ago, with a inmense amount of investment in the previous years. We're just jumping into that train" He says.

This season should be key in that definitive transformation of Liverpool Football Club. "Rather than a transition phase, we're finnishing the phase that will put in the position to challenge for every title with every warranty."

A couple of months ago, Macia received the call of Valencia. Eduardo, son of manolo Macia, who is a member of the staff of Mestalla's club, prefered to stay beside Benitez. "I only want professional challenges. I'm a guy who like to finnish the projects that I've started. In football you have to work there where you see your job is respected, and there where you can develop your job with intensity. That place is Liverpool" - He concludes.

---------------------------------

Well Eduardo, like some posters like myself, seems to be seeing some sort of progress rather than stagnancy.

I bring this article because, when we debate heavily about Rafa, many times we reference Parry as the man of Liverpool who has to do something to make things happen, and for what I read here, Eduardo has an important role aswell.

I translate this with the double goal of informing you and to practise my english, so please correct me if some of the translation doesn't make sense.

Any comments?

perfect Sabre!
sworth26

Postby PabloAimar » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:29 pm

except finish is spelt wrong :p

otherwise - superb son!! :cool:
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby Sabre » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:40 pm

The "any comments?" was to invite you to discuss  :D

But thanks anyway, I know it's good for a Spaniard but not superb, but I do appreciate when some of you, PM or otherwise, correct me ( thanks here goes to red37,Bad Bob and LFC2007).

I wanted to discuss about this with the following questions

1) If the article says this is the guy that makes the transfers happen since two years ago, what's the function of Parry when it comes to transfer?

2) What do you think about what he's saying about "we're not spending that much really considering what we sell"? (I know there's been a lot of figures about it last months in newkit, that's why I ask)
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:40 pm

I'm really unclear what it is that this guy actually does, mate.  He's a creepy looking fecker, though. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Simari » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Sabre wrote:The "any comments?" was to invite you to discuss  :D

But thanks anyway, I know it's good for a Spaniard but not superb, but I do appreciate when some of you, PM or otherwise, correct me ( thanks here goes to red37,Bad Bob and LFC2007).

I wanted to discuss about this with the following questions

1) If the article says this is the guy that makes the transfers happen since two years ago, what's the function of Parry when it comes to transfer?

2) What do you think about what he's saying about "we're not spending that much really considering what we sell"? (I know there's been a lot of figures about it last months in newkit, that's why I ask)

Spot on Sabre.

What *exactly* does Rick Parry do, if the true negotiator is someone else?

It's one thing being the CEO, it's another being a successful one with authority and a knack for business.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:32 am

Parry handles the money and its up to him to put together a "package" for the prospective player and its up to him to convince and entise top quality to join us. He basically has to try to complete deals after Rafas initial word with the opposing manger as well as pushing the club commercially the CEO should be driving force.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:45 am

Rush Job wrote:Parry handles the money and its up to him to put together a "package" for the prospective player and its up to him to convince and entise top quality to join us. He basically has to try to complete deals after Rafas initial word with the opposing manger as well as pushing the club commercially the CEO should be driving force.

So why have we lost out on players who then turn around and say
"I felt rafa didnt want me enough?" I think parrys job is as a relay, see what player rafa is interested in, sit in and let rafa do his convincer and then see what the agent says. The club have accepted the £5 million fee, the player accepts £36,000 a week but he wants a £3,000,000 signing on fee. He then relays the demands to the owners and the owners say "Nah". Just a guess mind.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:12 am

Simari wrote:What *exactly* does Rick Parry do, if the true negotiator is someone else?

A clown?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:12 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Rush Job wrote:Parry handles the money and its up to him to put together a "package" for the prospective player and its up to him to convince and entise top quality to join us. He basically has to try to complete deals after Rafas initial word with the opposing manger as well as pushing the club commercially the CEO should be driving force.

"I felt rafa didnt want me enough?" I think parrys job is as a relay, see what player rafa is interested in, sit in and let rafa do his convincer and then see what the agent says. The club have accepted the £5 million fee, the player accepts £36,000 a week but he wants a £3,000,000 signing on fee. He then relays the demands to the owners and the owners say "Nah". Just a guess mind.

Its as i say, Rafa will make the first enquiry, he may then  speak to the player but then its down to Parry the agent and the player to agree terms.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:17 am

Rush Job wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

Its as i say, Rafa will make the first enquiry, he may then  speak to the player but then its down to Parry the agent and the player to agree terms.

But it is also as I can imagine, parry doesnt make the decision, he just relays the demands of the player to the board.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:38 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

But it is also as I can imagine, parry doesnt make the decision, he just relays the demands of the player to the board.

Believe it or not CEOs do make decisions, how could anyone ever blame Parry for cocking up transfers if all he has to do is relay to the board what X wants, i should think even he could manage that. In the modern game having a good CEO is almost as important as a good manager, look at the amount RA paid Kenyon to go to chelsea its a very important role.
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:45 am

Rush Job wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

Believe it or not CEOs do make decisions, how could anyone ever blame Parry for cocking up transfers if all he has to do is relay to the board what X wants, i should think even he could manage that. In the modern game having a good CEO is almost as important as a good manager, look at the amount RA paid Kenyon to go to chelsea its a very important role.

Thats true in chelseas case, there is only one owner in parry's eyes. Hicks and Gillett are battling for the club and from what I read, Parry is in the middle and choosing Gillettes side. Which is why Hicks wants him out. CEO means more when the sides are settled. Unfortunately in our case, it isnt.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:14 am

Rush Job wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

He's very slow in doing that and we always lose out to players , we've just lost out to manure for aaron ramsey . We should sack parry and bring in someone who's better and faster in dealing with transfers
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:03 am

i think parry still has the "we are liverpool. the biggest and greatest club in the world and everyone wants to sign for us"

then he takes his time thinking players will wait for us to approach them, sadly those days are long gone
112-1077774096

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion