Premium discussion board - Most gifted footballer

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby glenbuck patriot » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:47 am

Just been on to the bit where the "Click" elemenet live, to find a topic descibed as "Best footballer with the ball at their feet",

A: Still find it hard to believe that in an OPEN forum we have "a clicksville", where "so called" hardened LFC fans/ the elite, ONLY Can post, who by the grace of three individuals can be "Chosen Men".

B: So called "Clicksville" was set up over ten days ago, so, the so called true users of the forum could comunicate without the interuption of the peasant masses to their little "click" and yet there has only ever been eleven posts!

C: Reaching as I am myself the 100 post mark, wondering if I've offended anybody along the way so I won't be able to tell my friends at work I' an Advanced Member on the LFC forum.

So after my little rant, here's the point, THE Most gifted footballer with the Ball at his feet over the modern era....... NOT ONE OF THEM VOTED FOR DALGLISH!
Everybody BUT!,

Now I know that to some he is Ancient History, but in 112 years of History of this Great Club WE ALL own a part of , HE IS THE BEST I'VE EVER SEEN and can certainly be considered as a Player of the Modern Era!

This Post is meant in a great spirit, just to let those in the so called know, understand this is meant to be a forum for ALL LIVERPOOL FANS NEW AND OLD, Major Contributors and Newbie's  NOT JUST THE "CLICK"!, I consider this to be a bad idea, even if I was invited to join (highly unlikely after this post I would turn it down), because it's NOT the Liverpool Way!

Shankly said once that the KOP was an Institution, In his time as in mine there has never ever been a political, religious, or intellectual divide in the support of OUR Club,

Why start it now on a FAN'S Forum?
Pirrie Labour Club 1976 Bill Shankly Prize giving at local ABA Championships.

"You've been booked in to do a three round exhibition bout tonight Bill."

" My fights don't last three rounds SON!"
glenbuck patriot

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:57 am

Hi Glenbuck , enjoyed the "rant" :D 

I honestly believe they have the best interests of the forum at heart when making the move to provide a premium section. Its not perfect but neither was the format before and its been interesting to see that there are still loads of so called "Advanced " members still posting in the non premium poss. (Myself included)

It was getting tedious and boring having to listen to personal spats between members and also the amount of banal posts was becoming unacceptable. Its a genuine desire to provide somewhere for serious discussion between fans. I would PM one of the Moderators and ask to be included as your contribution is valued. :D

Also this is a FREE forum and these guys put a lot of work into making it a decent site. I don't agree with everything they choose to do but at the end of the day it is an experiment and time will tell if it proves succesful....

Walk on ....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:58 am

I agree with everything you said Glenbuck bloke.I hate the divisiveness of it all.I`ll recommend you anyway,dont know if it will help :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby glenbuck patriot » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:12 am

greenred wrote:I agree with everything you said Glenbuck bloke.I hate the divisiveness of it all.I`ll recommend you anyway,dont know if it will help :D

Thank's Greenred, I appreciate the offer but I'm Not applying.... goes against the grain, anyway can alway's cut and paste interesting topics for the masses to debate over.

Once again Many Thanks.... GP.

glenbuck patriot

Postby Supermarius » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:24 am

We didnt even know about the restricted section Glenbuck..when something says restricted i just dont even go there lol  I enjoy a bit of ranting  whats a forum for ..i dont think it will lesson the passion ..fingers crossed
Agreed on wat u say about DALGLISH -Turn on a sixpence he could and the best British player since Bestie :cool:
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

A: Shoot the United Fan. Twice.
Supermarius

Postby stapo1000 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:11 am

best is irish
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:29 am

Glenbuck, if you had bothered to read the topic in full, rather than skim it and post your political speech ******, you would have noticed that the list of players to choose from is only from the last five years or so. The point of the thread was to discuss the most naturally gifted Liverpool player in the current set up.

It did deviate away from the last five years, but do you not think if it was of all time that everyone older than fifteen would have picked Kenny.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:51 am

glenbuck patriot wrote:Just been on to the bit where the "Click" elemenet live, to find a topic descibed as "Best footballer with the ball at their feet",

THE Most gifted footballer with the Ball at his feet over the modern era....... NOT ONE OF THEM VOTED FOR DALGLISH!
Everybody BUT!,

Read it again, and try putting your brain in gear before engaging mouth. :p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby glenbuck patriot » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:23 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:Glenbuck, if you had bothered to read the topic in full, rather than skim it and post your political speech ******, you would have noticed that the list of players to choose from is only from the last five years or so. The point of the thread was to discuss the most naturally gifted Liverpool player in the current set up.

It did deviate away from the last five years, but do you not think if it was of all time that everyone older than fifteen would have picked Kenny.

Don't know Leon would YOU!

glenbuck patriot

Postby Supermarius » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:26 am

Stapo Best is British-N.Ireland  :p .
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

Supermarius

Postby greenred » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:22 pm

Technically,N.Ireland is in the UK not in Britain.Check the front of your passport where it says "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".Bestie considers himself Irish and British.Lets just leave it at that shall we :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:27 pm

after best's history of alcohol abuse i'm surprised he knows what nationality he is. :laugh:  :p  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Supermarius » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:11 pm

Greenred stop tryin to claim wat doesnt belong to u
  :D  ah wat the hell -lets agree on northern irish   :laugh:
   Aye he liked the wild life and altho i never really seen him play..he must have been a genius

Supermarius

Postby big al » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:37 pm

Greenred I am one Shankill road man that will always consider himself Irish I am a british subject and all that but as you know my frieind what to F*** has that got to do with football and more importantly Liverpool fc.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:44 pm

Sure its easy to criticise wee Geordie Best afterall he is'nt English.  But the again the greatest writers of the english language inthe last century are all Irish.  Shaw, Yeats, Heaney, Joyce, Wilde, for goodness sake the greatest love story ever wrote (outside Tolstoy) was 'Wuthering Heights' by an Irish born Yorkshire lass.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion