Premium discussion board - Most gifted footballer

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby big al » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:46 pm

greenred yu claim whatever you want son, I'm As Irish as you and very proud of it as you know.  Someday an all Ireland football team will conquer the world, (even if the north is still british, just like the rugby)
Last edited by big al on Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby fivecups » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:53 pm

Probably better places to discuss NI politics than this forum.

Suffice to say that LFC couldn't have been fairer - we played both Linfield and Glentoran and beat them both 4-0!!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:08 pm

glenbuck patriot wrote:quote]
Don't know Leon would YOU!

Bar none Kenny is THE GREATEST football player I have ever seen live.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:18 pm

Leon a good point well worth discussing, but if i had either of there talant I'd be happy!
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Woollyback » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:21 pm

big al wrote:Greenred I am one Shankill road man that will always consider himself Irish I am a british subject and all that but as you know my frieind what to F*** has that got to do with football and more importantly Liverpool fc.

Ever the wise words from Big Al   :)

NI politics would be better discussed somewhere else I think. But I'm gonna keep quiet on the subject, I could do without a bomb under my car in the morning and I also like my kneecaps just the way they are  :;):

PS. NI is part of the UK but not Britain, however the whole of Ireland (NI and the Republic) are part of the British Isles. Geography lesson over kids, back to my beer
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:22 pm

PS Kenny was indeed the greatest footballer I've ever had the privilege to watch
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Supermarius » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:12 am

All ireland football team conquer the world ha ha  :laugh:  :laugh:  it would probably be all republic players with Irish grannies  :D
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

A: Shoot the United Fan. Twice.
Supermarius

Postby greenred » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:20 am

big al wrote:greenred yu claim whatever you want son, I'm As Irish as you and very proud of it as you know.  Someday an all Ireland football team will conquer the world, (even if the north is still british, just like the rugby)

I think you misread what I said Al.I was just being a bit cheeky with some lad who said Best was British not Irish.I was infact saying the exact opposite of what you thought I said.I dont want to get into politics, but every man born in Ireland is Irish.I hope that isnt offensive to anyone.Its just a fact.If they want to consider themselves British as well than thats fine with me,i was born in england and consider a bit of myself english as well.I totally agree with you about the football team,I think the two teams combined would punch way above their weight.I hope it happens sooner rather than later.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:23 am

Supermarius wrote:All ireland football team conquer the world ha ha  :laugh:  :laugh:  it would probably be all republic players with Irish grannies  :D

Cheeky :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Supermarius » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:34 am

but every man born in Ireland is Irish..... ???  lol careful now! dont let shankill butcher  see that ffs!!
But anyway getting back to the point of gifted players with the ball since Bests days ,nobody could deny Dalglish ..any more ? Gazza maybe?
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

Supermarius

Postby greenred » Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:54 am

Shankhill butcher is a reasonable bloke despite his moniker."Every man born in Ireland is Irish",whats wrong with that? What else would he be?As far as im concerned people born in Ireland can call themselves Irish,British,or both.I dont know why anyone could have a problem with that.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Supermarius » Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:23 am

Well youre right but i was born in france and i consider myself BRITISH becos i was brought up in belfast under british rule. Ive never felt any other way inclined( :D  sounds dodgey)

Supermarius

Postby greenred » Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:29 am

Your a brit,your a paddy,your a frog.......sounds like a good mix to me. :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Supermarius » Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:36 am

well i say -Níl aon tintéan mar do thintéan féin. oui?
:D  :laugh:

Supermarius

Postby Sean » Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:56 am

Hi Supermarius,

Whats that about an all-ireland team being full of Irish grannies ?  You obviously don't know your Irish football.  Fair enough we've borrowed Aldridge, Houghton, Townsend and a few others down through the years but most of the greatest Northern & Republic players are 100% Irish.  For example,
Brady (Dublin)
Whelan (Dublin)
Roy Keane (Cork.....I live 15 minutes from where he grew up)
Jennings (Down)
Giles (Dublin)
Irwin (Cork)
Best (Belfast)
McGrath (Dublin) etc.etc. etc.
A combined Republic and Northern Ireland team played Brazil in Dublin 1974 in a friendly game.  I think Brazil won 4-3.
I firmly believe politics should not be introduced to a football debate.  However, now that the island of Ireland has left the "troubles" behind, I would love to see an all-Irish team in my lifetime.
Northern Ireland produced a wonderful team in the '80's qualifying for the world cups in '82 and '86.  The republic have done it three times since.  Think of what a combined team could do.
Finally, I reckon the best "english / Irishman" to play for the Republic was Liverpool's Mark Lawrenson.  He would have walked into the England team at the '82 and '86 world cups if he hadn't declared for the republic.  Instead, Ron Greenwood and Bobby Robson were stuck with the likes of Alvin Martin, Terry Fenwick and Russell Osman.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion