Player suggestions for next season - Time to look forward

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon May 03, 2010 9:52 pm

Some really interesting choices there ace, good post.

Petrov i would be really keen on. Very good player and an actual winger.
Havent heard of the Lazio left back but we desperately need one.

Like you said, the striker thing, every player you mentioned would be an improvement.

That's what has bothered me big time this season. January should have been when he brought someone in but instead we signed another wide player.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby aCe' » Mon May 03, 2010 9:54 pm

bavlondon wrote:Nice to see another Zarate fan here. :D

Anyone know if Bojinov is still out on loan or did City sell him? If not he could be worth a punt too. On Hangeland if 10-15 is what it will take id be more inclined to go for Kaejr. As good if not better and still very young.

havent seen enough of Kjaer to understand what all the fuss is about.. "a steal at 10mill" ? If you ask me, no CB (besides maybe a young Carvalho or Hyypia) would be a steal at 10mill...

Its alot of money to spend on a player on the hope of them improving..

Given our situation, i'd rather we took less risks and if that meant we miss out on the next Messi because we didnt pay the extra 10mill then so be it...

We have a squad to get sorted out rather than just a couple of positions .. Which is why i think signing established players such as Gallas, Petrov, Kuranyi.. etc on a free who might have a year or two left in them just to balance the side in the short term might be the best way to go about it...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 03, 2010 10:12 pm

Some good bosmans there Ace, glad you like Diego too mate.
account deleted by request

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 03, 2010 10:25 pm

Reg wrote:
s@int wrote:Not sure how much Masch is on, but I remember being shocked at how low his wages were(compared to other footballers not mine), and no he's not signed yet mate.

If Rafa walks I wonder whether he will sign another contract? At the end of these lads have no loyalties except to their bank managers.

Guillem Balague

It doesnt make sense for Rafa Benitez to stay at Liverpool any longer.

But if he leaves now he would unfairly be considered a failure and I feel it would almost be a sin to leave behind the seeds he has planted at the club in the last few years.

The majority of fans want him to stay and for him it is still his first option. But he needs positive encouragement from the board, greater demonstrations of support from the fans and- above all - investment in the squad to convince him to stay.

Unfortunately, fans are growing impatient, the club is willing to let him go if he wants to leave and nobody can guarantee that the two groups interested in buying Liverpool are going to be in charge in time to spend ahead of next season.

Paradoxically, the first hour against Atletico Madrid showed the foundations of a good team are there. Rafa would like four new players to go straight into the line-up, and, with Milan Jovanovic already signed, maybe an additional striker, a quality forward that can also play wide and a full back/winger would be enough to challenge for titles.

Rafa knows he can sell three of his regulars and bring in around £40-50million for them. The best case scenario is that an additional £30m from the clubs coffers would give him the resources to start a new cycle. That would be his dream, but that money is not there.

That is why after the Atletico game his entourage were saying goodbye to their guests sad and unaware of where they would meet again.

What about the players after his departure? Javier Mascherano would follow him wherever he goes, but Fernando Torres future is not linked to Rafas.

Postby aCe' » Mon May 03, 2010 10:28 pm

s@int wrote:
Reg wrote:
s@int wrote:Not sure how much Masch is on, but I remember being shocked at how low his wages were(compared to other footballers not mine), and no he's not signed yet mate.

If Rafa walks I wonder whether he will sign another contract? At the end of these lads have no loyalties except to their bank managers.

Guillem Balague

It doesnt make sense for Rafa Benitez to stay at Liverpool any longer.

But if he leaves now he would unfairly be considered a failure and I feel it would almost be a sin to leave behind the seeds he has planted at the club in the last few years.

The majority of fans want him to stay and for him it is still his first option. But he needs positive encouragement from the board, greater demonstrations of support from the fans and- above all - investment in the squad to convince him to stay.

Unfortunately, fans are growing impatient, the club is willing to let him go if he wants to leave and nobody can guarantee that the two groups interested in buying Liverpool are going to be in charge in time to spend ahead of next season.

Paradoxically, the first hour against Atletico Madrid showed the foundations of a good team are there. Rafa would like four new players to go straight into the line-up, and, with Milan Jovanovic already signed, maybe an additional striker, a quality forward that can also play wide and a full back/winger would be enough to challenge for titles.

Rafa knows he can sell three of his regulars and bring in around £40-50million for them. The best case scenario is that an additional £30m from the clubs coffers would give him the resources to start a new cycle. That would be his dream, but that money is not there.

That is why after the Atletico game his entourage were saying goodbye to their guests sad and unaware of where they would meet again.

What about the players after his departure? Javier Mascherano would follow him wherever he goes, but Fernando Torres future is not linked to Rafas.

If Rafa goes to Juventus as expected, and Mascherano wants to follow him, then i wouldnt stand in his way...

Melo + Cash would be a good deal imo...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon May 03, 2010 10:37 pm

Does my head in Ballague, just spouts sh!te as if he knows stuff. He is the spanish lakes  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby tubby » Mon May 03, 2010 10:52 pm

Isn't he Rafa's mouthpiece pretty much? :D

So he knows already he can raise 40/50Mil and he just want's 30Mil on top of that. FFS Give it to him and give him a proper chance so he can't have any more excuses.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 03, 2010 10:56 pm

bavlondon wrote:Isn't he Rafa's mouthpiece pretty much? :D

So he knows already he can raise 40/50Mil and he just want's 30Mil on top of that. FFS Give it to him and give him a proper chance so he can't have any more excuses.

£30million of that money is Gerrard mate  :(

Postby LFC2007 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:19 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Does my head in Ballague, just spouts sh!te as if he knows stuff. He is the spanish lakes  :D

:laugh:

The Bosmans are interesting. Gallas especially since we could do with a versatile CB. Metzelder is sh!te though. Pedersen/Petrov would be decent squad players. (I hear Deco/Joe Cole will be out of contract too)

What about Henry. Isn't really getting a look in at Barca these days. Liverpool or Seattle Sounders?

Van der Vaart is class and wouldn't cost the earth.

The Benfica CB, David Luiz, he looked very competent to me and you don't see many very good CBs around these days.

And what about Ricardo Quaresma, no wait he turned out to be sh!t didn't he. The new Babel  :D
LFC2007

Postby Reg » Tue May 04, 2010 12:24 am

Yeah but Rafa is conducting the orchestra... maybe I'm just cynical but I see Rafa's hand on all this media bombardment of players saying we need 4-5 new players, Bagalump singing from the same hymn sheet etc... all towing the Rafa line. Its either deviously clever to get his budget or he really is on his way.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:27 am

Reg wrote:

Yeah but Rafa is conducting the orchestra... maybe I'm just cynical but I see Rafa's hand on all this media bombardment of players saying we need 4-5 new players, Bagalump singing from the same hymn sheet etc... all towing the Rafa line. Its either deviously clever to get his budget or he really is on his way.

Good call Reg
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lee2k6 » Tue May 04, 2010 4:25 am

okay so i dont normally post suggestions but with some of the teams coming out i figure i'de throw my Football Manager type team out there!

Kjaer would be my option for CB if the 10 mil buyout clause is correct.

hmm for the LB position.. saw some good ones but i gotta say i like the look of Taye Taiwo, the Marseille LB.. not sure how much he'd cost but im sure i read somewhere a few months back that there was problems with his renewal and he could leave for free in 2011?

Arda Turan, would get the nod for me as our replacement winger if the Babel + cash rumours are true.

and obviously i'de love Tevez as much as i really can't see it happening but whatever.. this is my fantasy.. well one of em  :p

okay so that would leave me with this line up:

Reina

Johnson        Kjaer       Agger     Taiwo

Gerrard   Masch/Aqua*

Maxi                                            Turan

Tevez
                                 Torres

Subs; Kuyt, Benny, Lucas, Jovanovic, Carra, Insua, Aqua/other player*

right, now heres the real Football Manager bit.. where i figure out how to pay for em all!  :D

Kjaer  = 10 mil buyout
Turan = Babel + 5 mil?
Tevez = 25 mil
Taiwo = 6 mil (curprice there if he hasnt already signed a new contract.. if so scrap him for Kolarov/Bridge etc...)

hmm 46 mil gross.

sell: (bit optimistic i know but..)

skrtle     = 5 mil
riera      = 4 mil
N'gog     = 3 mil
Cavalieri = 2 mil
Degen     = 2 mil

16 mil total leaving us with 30 mil to find for a transfer budget.. okay so thats not much of a possibility.. theres where my little"*" comes in to it.. if masch does leave for the reported 30 mil or so.. theres our required net spend and Aqua takes his place in the starting XI.

maybe theres a reason i dont do these suggestion threads much.. got too much bleedin optimism  :laugh:
Lee2k6

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue May 04, 2010 5:39 am

s@int wrote:Purslow was offered Van der Vaart and a striker by R.Madrid recently for around £6million according to reports so there's a start. (I am presuming the striker will be Van Nistelrooy?) We need a good left back and supposedly Bridge is leaving Citeh so I think we could get him for around £5 million or so. CB I wouldn't look any further than Kjaer he has a 10million euro buy out clause and would be a bargain. We desperately need more up front and I would be looking to Tevez to provide it. He would be an excellent foil for Torres and could even play upfront if required on occasion. I would like a good versatile fast tricky winger to complete my selection, but unfortunately my funds ran dry before I got to Messi.   

Reina

Johnson             Kjaer              Agger             Bridge

Benny/ Jovanovic  Gerrard          Masch           Van der Vaart

Tevez
                               Torres

Players I think should or could be shown the door :- Babel, Skrtel, Cavelieri, Riera, Aurelio, Kuyt, Degan, possibly N'gog

Carra will become a versatile squad player as will Lucas, Aquilani and Jovanovic

cost £50million gross - £15/20million net.

Saint, can you please tell me how Kjaer is better than Skrtel?  And how can you put Van der Vaart on the left wing?  I've been watching him play for a long time and he would be useless there.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 04, 2010 8:03 am

I got to ask where the money to buy people like tevez is going to come from ?
Benny The Noon

Postby Boocity » Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 am

If we are going in for some of these players that are mentioned as they are/will be inexpensive then we should try and get them before the world cup as many teams will be waiting until after the tournament to see who shines and if any of them have a good WC then the price will go through the roof.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion