Player suggestions for next season - Time to look forward

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 04, 2010 2:59 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Ok so what about last summer where are net spend wasin the minus figure ? where was the extra 20 mil there then ?

We have never had a minus net spend under Rafa, so I have no idea when or what you are talking about ?

2009/10

In: £17.5m Johnson; £17.1m Aquilani; £2m Kyrgiakos; £160,000 Ayala; £1.5m Maxi Rodriguez.
Total: £38.26m.
Out: £250,000 Anderson; £3m Leto; £3.5m Arbeloa; £30m Alonso; £4.4m Dossena; £1.5m Voronin; Free Pennant, Miki Roque.
Total: £42.65m.
Net spend: –£4.25m

Obviously your figures are wrong. The board say we spent £18.5 million net.

Which figure is wrong then ?

Who did we buy for 18.5 million that is missing from that list ?

The board is talking lies it seems to me .

Then again we should take into the fact pompey owed us 7 mil or 9 mil for crouch so take that figure away from johnson price and thats even more money we made during the summer .

Maybe we didn't get as much as advertised for some of our players......I am sure our board wouldn't lie.
account deleted by request

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 04, 2010 3:02 pm

s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Ok so what about last summer where are net spend wasin the minus figure ? where was the extra 20 mil there then ?

We have never had a minus net spend under Rafa, so I have no idea when or what you are talking about ?

2009/10

In: £17.5m Johnson; £17.1m Aquilani; £2m Kyrgiakos; £160,000 Ayala; £1.5m Maxi Rodriguez.
Out: £250,000 Anderson; £3m Leto; £3.5m Arbeloa; £30m Alonso; £4.4m Dossena; £1.5m Voronin; Free Pennant, Miki Roque.

Then again we should take into the fact pompey owed us 7 mil or 9 mil for crouch so take that figure away from johnson price and thats even more money we made during the summer .

Maybe we didn't get as much as advertised for some of our players......I am sure our board wouldn't lie.

:laugh:

Those figures have been published on the offical site over the season .

The board have lied ever since the tw.ats arrived .

Maybe we only got 12 million for xabi then and thats where the missing 18 million is.
Benny The Noon

Postby Scottbot » Tue May 04, 2010 3:04 pm

As far as players go, lets assume that Rafa is staying and that there is a bit of money to spend.

- Simon Kjaer sounds like the type of player we need. A big strong centre-back who can be dominant in the air and ensure we get another 2-3 years out of Carra. Only problem is he seems to be flavour of the week so my guess is there will be a few big clubs in for him with more money than us + Champions League football next season. I'd be more inclined to go for Hangeland at Fulham. He is the heir apparent for Big Sami and a player we could have done with this past year. He's a big strong lad who reads the game well, great in the air, anticipates things, he is tidy in possession and perhaps most importantly, he is a more natural partner for Carra or Agger. I guess he would cost around £10 million to buy and I'd bet Arsenal would be sniffing around for him again this summer.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 04, 2010 3:04 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
s@int wrote:

2009/10

Maybe we only got 12 million for xabi then and thats where the missing 18 million is.

No they haven't, Liverpool rarely disclose transfer details. Just Spec-u-lation mate. Its always for an undisclosed fee on the Offal.

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 04, 2010 3:08 pm

s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
s@int wrote:

2009/10

No they haven't, Liverpool rarely disclose transfer details. Just Spec-u-lation mate. Its always for an undisclosed fee on the Offal.

Well looking all through the internet those are pretty damn close to the fees being mentioned and released .

So once again where is the 18.5 million ?

Maybe its more likely that Tw.at and Twit are lying through their a.rses once again .
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 04, 2010 3:10 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Well looking all through the internet those are pretty damn close to the fees being mentioned and released .

Maybe its more likely that Tw.at and Twit are lying through their a.rses once again .

Nothing to do with twit and tw@t, its was Purslow that said it originally, and it was Purslow that said it the other day.

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 04, 2010 3:11 pm

s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Well looking all through the internet those are pretty damn close to the fees being mentioned and released .

Nothing to do with twit and tw@t, its was Purslow that said it originally, and it was Purslow that said it the other day.

I thought you said it was the board ?

Where is the statement from purslow so i can read it ?

So where is the 18.5 million then ?
Last edited by Benny The Noon on Tue May 04, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 04, 2010 3:17 pm

The original quote is in the Hicks and Gillett thread and also in the minutes from the meeting with S.O.S.

His reitteration of that statement is in the Rafa thread.

Purslow was speaking as the C.E.O. on behalf of the board.

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue May 04, 2010 3:18 pm

FFS, is this a 2-man show today ? :D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 04, 2010 3:19 pm

So someone is lying then saint .

The figures are there for everyone to see with the players purchased and sold and even if they are out by a million either way it still wont add up to a net spend of 18.5 million that they are claiming - it looks like it is plain to see that any more spent over the last 12 months was only money recouped from player sales and even then not the full amount of money .
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 04, 2010 3:22 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:So someone is lying then saint .

The figures are there for everyone to see with the players purchased and sold and even if they are out by a million either way it still wont add up to a net spend of 18.5 million that they are claiming - it looks like it is plain to see that any more spent over the last 12 months was only money recouped from player sales and even then not the full amount of money .

As I said maybe the figures you have produced are wrong ..... they are just spec-u-lation after all. I would presume the C.E.O. of Liverpool would not be stupid enough to lie, as the details WILL BE REVEALED when the annual accounts are produced.

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue May 04, 2010 3:28 pm

I honestly don't know how some of you want to get rid of Skrtel.  The guy's an excellent reader of the game and he improves with every game.  His injuries are a worry, but they were just caused by bad luck.  I feel more safe with him in defense than with Carragher or Agger.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 04, 2010 3:29 pm

s@int wrote:

As I said maybe the figures you have produced are wrong ..... they are just spec-u-lation after all. I would presume the C.E.O. of Liverpool would not be stupid enough to lie, as the details WILL BE REVEALED when the annual accounts are produced.

Even if they are a bit wrong 18.5 million pound is a fair amount of money to be wrong by thou isnt - even more so when you consider that we didnt pay full amount for johnson or aqualini .

Maybe Purlsow is just talking about 18.5 mil spend and not including the money that came in on player sales .

The board of liverpool have shown to lie before - they have history of it .
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 04, 2010 3:38 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
s@int wrote:

Even if they are a bit wrong 18.5 million pound is a fair amount of money to be wrong by thou isnt - even more so when you consider that we didnt pay full amount for johnson or aqualini .

Maybe Purlsow is just talking about 18.5 mil spend and not including the money that came in on player sales .

Or maybe they still owed money on Torres, Keane and various other players in which they had borrowed money from future transfer windows? 

Riera for example was supposedly bought out of the next years funds.

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue May 04, 2010 3:56 pm

s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
s@int wrote:

Or maybe they still owed money on Torres, Keane and various other players in which they had borrowed money from future transfer windows? 

Riera for example was supposedly bought out of the next years funds.

So money wasnt available for Rafa to spend then last summer ?

The normal 20 mil circa wasnt there for player purchases last summer becuase maybe we didnt have 20 mil to spend on player purchases just like dont think we will have this summer .
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion