Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm

Ah yeah forgot about that part. We should be ableto get Tevez in that case. :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 03, 2010 8:57 pm

How much did Citeh pay for Tevez, wasnt it @40?

60 mio to spend, 40 on Tevez, 10+ on a CB, 10 on LB plus additional cash from selling half the squad for buying the 2 additional players  both Rafa and SG have said we need - sounds good to me.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 03, 2010 9:02 pm

Nah im sure it was 25Mil mate. He was never owned by Utd he was only there on 'loan'. Also the 25Mil went straight to that Kia Jorabchin guy.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 03, 2010 9:07 pm

I think it was between £20 and 25million transfer + £20million wages on a 4 year deal.....not fecking cheap by anymeans!
account deleted by request

Postby tubby » Mon May 03, 2010 9:10 pm

I'm surprised we managed to get Mascherano on the cheap for his first contract. Wasn't he rumored to be on something like 25k a week? Has he even signed a new contract yet?

If Tevez really does want to leave then Mascherano needs to convince him to come to Anfield. If not I can see him ending up at Chelsea. But part of me says he is just a mercenary.... most are these days though.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 03, 2010 9:12 pm

Not sure how much Masch is on, but I remember being shocked at how low his wages were(compared to other footballers not mine), and no he's not signed yet mate.
account deleted by request

Postby lakes10 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:14 pm

yer it was around 25k but theres was a lot of add-ons..........think he got a slave women and a gimp for the weekends.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 03, 2010 9:17 pm

s@int wrote:Not sure how much Masch is on, but I remember being shocked at how low his wages were(compared to other footballers not mine), and no he's not signed yet mate.

If Rafa walks I wonder whether he will sign another contract? At the end of these lads have no loyalties except to their bank managers.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Reg wrote:How much did Citeh pay for Tevez, wasnt it @40?

60 mio to spend, 40 on Tevez, 10+ on a CB, 10 on LB plus additional cash from selling half the squad for buying the 2 additional players  both Rafa and SG have said we need - sounds good to me.

the man city deal was said to be £47 million, turned out not to be true, more like 38mil.

as the word is that he is unhappy there and they said he could go we might pick him up for the same.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 03, 2010 9:21 pm

5 Live was it Lakesy? :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 03, 2010 9:23 pm

39Mil is a lot of money. Im sure when we were being linked with him it was 25Mil.. I must be confused with someone else. Anyway that's a shed load of money and then his wages are sure to be off the chart too. But if we had the money id say spend it on him. However I think what is more likely is that Rafa will see Jovanovich as enough cover for Torres and he will concentrate on other areas such as a CB, LB and some sort of creative player who can play anywhere accross the middle - VDV.

The next few weeks are going to be vital for the club though. At least Pepe has signed a new deal. It's funny I always thought he would be the first wanting out.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:28 pm

Reg wrote:5 Live was it Lakesy? :laugh:

what that he has a gimp at weekends or that Tevez cost 38mil.

well i am the gimp  :eyebrow and igot the 38mil off 38mil  :D
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon May 03, 2010 9:38 pm

juljuve wrote:Dennis Aogo plays for Hamburger and German national team, he is only 23 and a very solid left back........

:D

The name from that list i'd definitely agree with is Maxi Lopez... would be a good option if we can get him...

Those would be my picks...

LB: Kolorov (Lazio).. One of the best leftbacks around.. solid defensively and an absolute monster going forward... Think Maicon, except the opposite flank.. might be hard to get since Mourinho seems to be interested in taking him to wherever he ends up next season..

one of :

CB: Hangeland (Fulham).. Solid, aerially dominant, consistent, and national team captain if im not wrong.. 10-15 mill ? Better than gambling on someone we dont know much about imo..

CB: Mexes (Roma).. Been their best defender for the past few years... found himself on the bunch for most of this season mainly because Ranieri doesnt like him... Only problem is, we'd be signing another player from Roma... payback time ?

CB: GALLAS (ARSENAL).. BOSMAN ! .. I think hes still a good defender... if we dont have enough funds to go out and buy a younger talented CB then i would think signing him would be a priority..

CB: Metzelder (Real Madrid).. BOSMAN..They wont be renewing his contract... Once seen as one of the best defenders in Europe.. Then again, Real Madrid were never good at selecting/keeping the good centerbacks (Samuel, Woodgate..etc)

one of:

AM: Diego (Juventus).. Would be our big money signing.. Wouldnt expect him to sign unless by some weird coincidence we end up selling Aquilani to Juventus in a deal that sees him coming to Anfield.. Great player, shame he moved to a poor Juventus side...

AM: Ireland (Man City).. Doubt they would sell him to us... but a brilliant player nontheless.. BM will tell you all about it... good call

LW: Mata (Valencia).. im still not entirely convinced by him, but is still better than anything we played in the position this season -which admittedly isnt saying much- .. i still think Riera is good enough, but if we are looking to sell him, then a player+cash deal with Valencia could be on the cards here... Silva is the much better option, but i cant see us affording such a deal.

LW: Pederson (Blackburn).. BOSMAN.. We were heavily linked with him last year if im not wrong.. when Blackburn had a good season under Hughes and everyone was talking about him and Bentley being excellent wingers.. anyways... as a squad player.. for free... wages wont be over the top... If we keep Riera and sell Babel then he might provide good cover ?!

LW: Martin Petrov (Man City).. BOSMAN.. always liked him.. Any other side besides ManCity and he would have had way more opportunities to shine this season.. got a bad injury as soon as he started hitting form and never made it back to the starting lineup since... understandable though when playing in a side that had/has the likes of Robinho/Bellamy/Johnson all hitting top form over the last year or two..

one of:

RW: Joaquin (Valencia).. Still got it.. Would provide width and some much needed attacking flair down the flanks.. another option is his teammate at Valencia Pablo Hernandez

RW: Joe Cole (Chelsea).. for free, I'd offer him whatever wage he wants..

RW: Simone Pepe (Udinese).. If he doesnt start for Italy in the worldcup then i dont think he'd cost that much... brilliant winger though..

one of:

FW: Maxi Lopez (Catania) : Good little player who wouldnt cost much.. plays for a terrible side and sticks out like a sore thumb. 

FW: Zarate (Lazio) : Another one who sticks out like a sore thumb.. brilliant whenever i've seen him with Lazio.. Excellent dribbling and a great shooting ability... would provide a thread from freekicks too.. versatile... can play anywhere behind the striker or as a forward if partnered with someone... Doesnt work hard though and might be a little too lightweight for the league though..

FW: Chamakh (Bordeaux) : Another one on a bosman... proved over the last couple of seasons that he is a top player... If we dont snatch him then Arsenal probably will.. Arshavin/Ramsey all over again ?

FW: Kuranyi (Schalke) : Bosman again... not the player he once was? still miles ahead of what we have on the bench..18 league goals in 28 games this season, 20 in 32 in all competitions.. for the right wages i wouldnt mind..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 03, 2010 9:43 pm

Nice to see another Zarate fan here. :D

Anyone know if Bojinov is still out on loan or did City sell him? If not he could be worth a punt too. On Hangeland if 10-15 is what it will take id be more inclined to go for Kaejr. As good if not better and still very young.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:46 pm

bavlondon wrote:Nice to see another Zarate fan here. :D

Anyone know if Bojinov is still out on loan or did City sell him? If not he could be worth a punt too. On Hangeland if 10-15 is what it will take id be more inclined to go for Kaejr. As good if not better and still very young.

still out on loan to Parma
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion