Step forward steve morgan - Now is the time

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:33 pm

DOES Steve Morgan truly appreciate the strength of his position with the Thai deal slowly sinking into the sea of Siam?

Instead of keeping a watching brief on the situation, Morgan (left) ought to be tailoring his deal to suit the requirements of the all-powerful David Moores, who found the building magnate's first approach deeply unattractive.

For starters, Morgan must produce the same amount of hard cash being offered by Thai Prime Minister, Thaksin Shinawatra - allegedly £63million for a third of the club.

That way Morgan would remove the reluctance of other shareholders to see their holdings diluted, and also render the Anfield directors' main plank of opposition - a perceived undervaluing of Liverpool's worth - untenable.

Another thing. Morgan must take a vow of silence when it comes to criticising the way the club is run in order to comply with President Lyndon Baines Johnson's famous old adage about being in the tent p*ssing out rather than outside the tent p*ssing in.

To me, Morgan is so far ahead of his Thai rival that there should be no way Liverpool could deny him the chance of further, fruitful talks.

But first he needs to moderate his language, understand the value of being a team player, and dig into his own considerable fortune to fund the way ahead for the club we know he holds dear.

As Union Jack Hayward's son once said to his billionaire father, as the Wolves warhorse threatened to ignore another Molineux crisis, "Dad, you can't spend your money in the cemetery, so do some good with it while you're alive for the one you love".

Morgan will understand that. After all, he has the right credentials to be a real, live Liverpool hero. He can't spend his present fortune in 10 lifetimes, so the sooner he starts filling suitcases with large denomination banknotes and jets from Jersey aboard his private plane, the better. Unless he wants Siamese fatcats to steal his cream and his birthright.

For if he fails to secure Liverpool's future and allows the club to fall to foreign mercenaries, he'll never forgive himself.

And if he wants a further harsh lesson in how horrible indecision can be let him consider the case of Paul McCartney, whose copyright on his own songs was sold by Lew Grade to Michael Jackson because the millionaire Merseyside composer jibbed at paying Grade's not unreasonable asking price.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:44 pm

i think you covered it all with that let us all just hope that Steve Morgan succeeds and the Power murchants Parry and Moores see his offer as the only reasonable route to take without just selling to anyone with the money. Because if we do that then we will be introuble. It only takes one large investor to increase there share and then we are looking at a complete take over by some one with no ties to or affiliation with the club we all love.

Here's hopeing They come to a senasble comprimise and the club is left in the hands of those who hold it dear.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:05 pm

I really hope Morgan puts another bid in and gets it accepted.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:43 pm

It's not Morgan who's got to move - it's the self seeking board who have got to wake up to the real world.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:36 pm

I don't think there will be another Morgan bid in the medium term.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:07 pm

Now that the saga thit was Stevie G has been sorted out, is there any more news on the investment issues?

Any of you guys in the Middle East any the wiser??

I think this subject has been overshadowed recently, and it should not be forgotten.

Lets hope the board see sense on this and get the cash injection Rafa needs to get us above Chelsea in the league, oh that would be nice.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:10 pm

Found this on Yahoo:

The head of Thailand's high-profile move for a stake in English football giant Liverpool is courting business leaders across Asia to try to invigorate a stuttering bid, according to press reports.

Chief negotiator Paiboon Damranongchaitham has already spoken to Chinese and Singaporean businessmen to try to tap into the huge pan-Asian enthusiasm for teams from the English Premier League.

Paiboon also plans to seek partners from Japan, South Korea, Vietnam and India after a Thai government bid for a 30 percent stake crumbled amid a public outcry that taxpayers' money would be used for a high-risk investment in Britain's football industry, according to reports.

"I'm seeking alliances to help me raise the money. They could include media companies that could help promote the brand and other firms that have products that can buy me licences," Paiboon was quoted as saying in the English-language Nation newspaper.

Paiboon, head of Thai entertainment giant GMM Grammy, said that any foreign involvement in the Thai bid ( launched amid much fanfare in May)  would be limited to 50 percent of the total.

The rest of the money for the estimated 115 million dollar bid would come from Thai businesses and small investors, he said.

Paiboon was named as the replacement chief negotiator in talks with the club shortly before Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra conceded the government had backed out of the deal.

Thaksin had expressed confidence in the eventual success of the government bid that was designed to help unite the country riven by Muslim separatist violence in the south.

But Thaksin, a successful businessman before becoming premier, gradually rowed back on his administration's commitment to the deal after complaints over the planned used of a public lottery to fund it rather than his own private fortune.

Paiboon has since said his team would conduct market research in Thailand to see if the bid was feasible and said a million Thais would have to invest in the scheme for it to work.

English football is highly popular among Thais with matches shown live on television and thousands of people signed up to the country's Liverpool fan club.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:11 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Chief negotiator Paiboon Damranongchaitham

that's easy for you to say! :p
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:19 pm

Absolutely right, Morgan's time is now.  If he gets a bid accepted and dips into his considerable fortune he could become part of a Liverpool return to power that would be remembered for decades to come.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby blind » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:29 pm

it's not about convincing Morgan it's Parry and Moores that are the one's who need convincing as they turned down his bid earlier as they expected the Thai bid to go ok.

Something about chickens and eggs....:p

But Morgan will want more influence now especially after being humiliated by Moores over the last bid he will want his seat on the board and some.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion