Player suggestions for next season - Time to look forward

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Mon May 03, 2010 2:06 pm

s@int wrote:Tevez has been told he can go

Sweet Jésus are they mad?!

Break the bank, he is a must - he´s a tough lad and can play the full season so buy him and you dont need Reira and Babel to offset the price.

Tevez could put the buzz straight back into the side.

So just need a striker and CB now!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 03, 2010 2:14 pm

Why does Tevez want to leave City Saint? Agreed though if there is a chance we should do our upmost to sign him.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 03, 2010 2:18 pm

MANCHESTER, England, April 30 (Reuters) - Roberto Mancini has told Carlos Tevez he can leave Manchester City if he is unhappy at the Premier League club.

UK Football

"If a top player is not happy to stay here then it's better to go to another team," the manager told reporters. "I think this is not just the case for Tevez, but for all players."

Tevez complained about Mancini's double training sessions last week and reports have suggested the Argentine is seeking an improved deal, even though he has four years of his contract to run. Some say he might consider his future if City fail to secure Champions League qualification in the final three games.

"It is important that, when a manager or player works in a team, he must be happy to work in this team," Mancini said.

"It's not good for the club, for the squad or for the player if he is not. I don't know if Carlos Tevez is unhappy but he must be content because we have to play three important games.

"For the players, it is a crucial moment. They must put everything they have on the pitch.

"Tevez has four years left on his contract," he added. "If he's not happy, it's better to change squads, not just for Tevez but for all players as well."

-----------------------------------

Tevez has been complaining about the training and supposedly he and Bellamy arn't on speaking terms with Mancini.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon May 03, 2010 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby juljuve » Mon May 03, 2010 2:21 pm

What about this one?                           

Reina

Johnson       Hummels      Agger      Aogo/Coentrao

Gerrard      Mascherano
Krasic                   Aquilani                 Afellay

Torres   

Cavalieri

S. Coleman      Skrtel       Ayala      Insua

Maxi          Lucas        Nuri Sahin     Benayoun

Maxi Lopez      Nemeth
                 (Kuijt)            (Babel)

Pacheco on loan. Carra third choice if he stays.
Last edited by juljuve on Mon May 03, 2010 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juventus and Liverpool amici
juljuve

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 03, 2010 2:23 pm

juljuve wrote:Reina

Gerrard      Mascherano

Torres   

Cavalieri

Maxi Lopez      Nemeth

Quite a few names I have never heard of there mate, could you give some insight into them please.

Postby Reg » Mon May 03, 2010 2:24 pm

I wouldnt play Cavalieri in front of Torres mate ! :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 03, 2010 2:25 pm

Affelly is a decent young player not sure how much he would cost though. Also I really want to shift Babel this summer. He has had too long here and hasn't proved himself. Arda Turan is someone who has spoken of wanting to join us in the past, could be an option there with a possible swap for Babel. I think that was on the cards in the Jan window but Turan didn't want to leave then.

On Tevez one stumbling block would be City's willingness to sell to us.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Mon May 03, 2010 2:31 pm

lakes10 wrote:
s@int wrote:Purslow was offered Van der Vaart and a striker by R.Madrid recently for around £6million according to reports so there's a start. (I am presuming the striker will be Van Nistelrooy?) We need a good left back and supposedly Bridge is leaving Citeh so I think we could get him for around £5 million or so. CB I wouldn't look any further than Kjaer he has a 10million euro buy out clause and would be a bargain. We desperately need more up front and I would be looking to Tevez to provide it. He would be an excellent foil for Torres and could even play upfront if required on occasion. I would like a good versatile fast tricky winger to complete my selection, but unfortunately my funds ran dry before I got to Messi.   

Reina

Johnson             Kjaer              Agger             Bridge

Benny/ Jovanovic  Gerrard          Masch           Van der Vaart

Tevez
                               Torres

Players I think should or could be shown the door :- Babel, Skrtel, Cavelieri, Riera, Aurelio, Kuyt, Degan, possibly N'gog

Carra will become a versatile squad player as will Lucas, Aquilani and Jovanovic

cost £50million gross - £15/20million net.

Like your thinking there saint, nice looking team..........i would say the only problem is that the age of some of the players would mean its only short time thing.

i dont think they're that old though.

Only 3 of the starting 11 would be over 30 (Gerrard, Bridge and the RM)
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby juljuve » Mon May 03, 2010 2:33 pm

s@int wrote:
juljuve wrote:Reina

Gerrard      Mascherano

Torres   

Cavalieri

Maxi Lopez      Nemeth

Quite a few names I have never heard of there mate, could you give some insight into them please.

Dennis Aogo plays for Hamburger and German national team, he is only 23 and a very solid left back.
Fabio Coentrao is a left winger who is playing often ad a left defender in Benfica this year. He's so gifted and good enough in defense.

I think you know Miros Krasic, CSKA and Serbian national team right winger, one of the best midfielders in this Champions League. Dutch Ibrahim Afellay has played as central midfielder this season in PSV, but he can play to the flanks as well. Nuri Sahin is a left-footed playmaker, more dynamic than Xabi Alonso. Maxi Lopez is Catania's striker. He played with Barcelona and Gremio.
juljuve

Postby juljuve » Mon May 03, 2010 2:37 pm

bavlondon wrote:Affelly is a decent young player not sure how much he would cost though. Also I really want to shift Babel this summer. He has had too long here and hasn't proved himself. Arda Turan is someone who has spoken of wanting to join us in the past, could be an option there with a possible swap for Babel. I think that was on the cards in the Jan window but Turan didn't want to leave then.

Afellay isn't expensive. His season wasn't so brilliant. He's very underestimated.
juljuve

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 03, 2010 2:37 pm

bavlondon wrote:Affelly is a decent young player not sure how much he would cost though. Also I really want to shift Babel this summer. He has had too long here and hasn't proved himself. Arda Turan is someone who has spoken of wanting to join us in the past, could be an option there with a possible swap for Babel. I think that was on the cards in the Jan window but Turan didn't want to leave then.

I agree mate Babel has to go surely this summer. One thing that has just occured to me is that maybe the striker from R.Madrid might be Raul not Van Nistelrooy.

Turan would be a possibility as would Podolsky (not sure how much he would cost?)

I think Tevez coming is more a dream than something that will actually happen mate, but I live in hope. Diego might be a possible alternative.

Postby Reg » Mon May 03, 2010 2:38 pm

Are folks saying that Kelly´s not going to make it? He looked pretty good when he played a few months back.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 03, 2010 2:40 pm

juljuve wrote:Dennis Aogo plays for Hamburger and German national team, he is only 23 and a very solid left back.
Fabio Coentrao is a left winger who is playing often ad a left defender in Benfica this year. He's so gifted and good enough in defense.

I think you know Miros Krasic, CSKA and Serbian national team right winger, one of the best midfielders in this Champions League. Dutch Ibrahim Afellay has played as central midfielder this season in PSV, but he can play to the flanks as well. Nuri Sahin is a left-footed playmaker, more dynamic than Xabi Alonso. Maxi Lopez is Catania's striker. He played with Barcelona and Gremio.

Sounds good to me mate....sign them up.  :D

Thanks for the info as I am not as well up on European players as most on here.

Postby RedSi35 » Mon May 03, 2010 2:54 pm

s@int wrote:Purslow was offered Van der Vaart and a striker by R.Madrid recently for around £6million according to reports so there's a start. (I am presuming the striker will be Van Nistelrooy?) We need a good left back and supposedly Bridge is leaving Citeh so I think we could get him for around £5 million or so. CB I wouldn't look any further than Kjaer he has a 10million euro buy out clause and would be a bargain. We desperately need more up front and I would be looking to Tevez to provide it. He would be an excellent foil for Torres and could even play upfront if required on occasion. I would like a good versatile fast tricky winger to complete my selection, but unfortunately my funds ran dry before I got to Messi.   

Reina

Johnson             Kjaer              Agger             Bridge

Benny/ Jovanovic  Gerrard          Masch           Van der Vaart

Tevez
                               Torres

Players I think should or could be shown the door :- Babel, Skrtel, Cavelieri, Riera, Aurelio, Kuyt, Degan, possibly N'gog

Carra will become a versatile squad player as will Lucas, Aquilani and Jovanovic

cost £50million gross - £15/20million net.

Like the look of this team.

Any chance of having Phillip Lahm at left back? yeah i know he is getting on a little bit, but he's german so he should be ace.

I would try Johnson at right midfield and stick Kelly in at right back ( save a few pennies )

Carra, Lucas, Aqua, Jovanovic, Pacheco on the subs bench.

Think we may get £25million for these lot Babel, Skrtel, Cavelieri, Riera, Aurelio, Kuyt, Degan, possibly N'gog .......which would go a long way to securing Tevez.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Reg wrote:Are folks saying that Kelly´s not going to make it? He looked pretty good when he played a few months back.

On the contrary I was watching LFC TV last night and the general consensus was that Kelly looks like he will develop into a top player.

Tell you who I would want though if money was no object. Jack Rodwell. Gutted we missed out on him. Anyone know how that happened did anyone from the club even attempt to sound him out or was he made up all along on joining Everton? No doubt he will go to Utd this or next summer for 30Mil.  :no
Last edited by tubby on Mon May 03, 2010 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion