Player suggestions for next season - Time to look forward

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Aussie Style » Mon May 03, 2010 3:33 pm

Glad to see Tevez being mentioned, would love to see him partner Torres. His made no secret of the fact he is very settled in England and he only just moved into Ronaldos old house in September so he wouldn't have to move. Also having Mascherano, Maxi and Insua might help lure him here. Obviously the stumbling block would be Citys willingness to sell to us. Also not long ago didn't Tevez say he would retire back to Argentina if they win the world cup?

Kjaer and Turan have both specifically stated they would love to move here so I hope we go in for them. One guy I'd LOVE to see us get is Lukaku, looks like he'll be world class.

If we get some owners in before July that are going to spend the money required to bring the 4 or 5 players we need then this is what I'd personally like to see

Reina
M Richards Agger Kjaer Kolarov
Johnson Masch Gerard Turan
Torres Tevez

Cavalieri, Kelly, Carra, Ayala, Insua, Lucas, Jovanovic, Maxi, Aqua, Kuyt, Pacheco, Ngog, Shelvey, Lukaku

Obviously just a pipedream but looks good to me :D
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby spion » Mon May 03, 2010 3:35 pm

Simon Cox looks a good player & in a better side could develop into a quality English player. I'm a fan of Jamie O'Hara too & believe he could do a good job for Liverpool.
spion

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 03, 2010 3:52 pm

s@int wrote:Purslow was offered Van der Vaart and a striker by R.Madrid recently for around £6million according to reports so there's a start. (I am presuming the striker will be Van Nistelrooy?) We need a good left back and supposedly Bridge is leaving Citeh so I think we could get him for around £5 million or so. CB I wouldn't look any further than Kjaer he has a 10million euro buy out clause and would be a bargain. We desperately need more up front and I would be looking to Tevez to provide it. He would be an excellent foil for Torres and could even play upfront if required on occasion. I would like a good versatile fast tricky winger to complete my selection, but unfortunately my funds ran dry before I got to Messi.   

Reina

Johnson             Kjaer              Agger             Bridge

Benny/ Jovanovic  Gerrard          Masch           Van der Vaart

Tevez
                               Torres

Players I think should or could be shown the door :- Babel, Skrtel, Cavelieri, Riera, Aurelio, Kuyt, Degan, possibly N'gog

Carra will become a versatile squad player as will Lucas, Aquilani and Jovanovic

cost £50million gross - £15/20million net.

I think that is pretty much spot on there , only thing I would do is keep kuyt for options and would also add either affelay or turan for some width to play instead of van der vaart in a fair number of games but totally agree with kjaer and tevez and bridge
Benny The Noon

Postby bigmick » Mon May 03, 2010 3:58 pm

Stephen Ireland. Get him, he'll be a great player for us. Get rid of Rafa and get Mourinho in, he might just bring Luceo with him and as he only paid 4.5 million Euro's for him he surely wouldn't cost too much. For me we need a commanding centre half and a box to box midfielder above everything else. If we can't get Luceo, I'd have a look at the tall Brazillian at benfica who's a good player, or the lad who Athletico had at centre half who's name starts with a P, ditto.

As for strikers, we could do a lot worse than ask the Mancs if they'd take a cheeky 8 million quid bid for Berbatov. The likelyhood is though we'll get someone from abroad. Santa Cruz from City for the best part of feck all wouldn't be a bad  shout either.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 03, 2010 4:43 pm

Santa Cruz is getting on a bit plus he is pretty injury prone. If we wanted someone in that same mould maybe Pavel Pogrebnyak, Artem Millevsky or that young swedish lad Nicklas Berg.

Like your cheeky bid for Berbatov Mick. We should try it anyway to wind them up like with Heinze. :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon May 03, 2010 4:52 pm

I dont know much in terms of which players to buy but I think one key issue will be whether to move Johnson to right wing and buy and full back or buy a right winger and leave Johnson where he is
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Scottbot » Mon May 03, 2010 5:07 pm

Talking about which players (and why) to buy is my always my favourite subject but it's a bif difficult at the moment because we don't know if a/ there will be any money, b/ who our owners will be and c/ whether we will have the same manager.

Basically we're in total limbo   :(
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 03, 2010 5:13 pm

Martin Broughton said a few weeks ago there will be money to spend in the summer so thats all we have to go on for now.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 03, 2010 5:13 pm

Scottbot wrote:Basically we're in total limbo   :(

Quote of the day mate and is applicable to every open discussion about the future.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:32 pm

Can't see the value in even entertaining discussions about who to sign, when we might not have a pot to pi$$ in...Broughton says we will have money to spend - we don't just need "money" - we need the annual budget of a small European country !!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Penguins » Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

bavlondon wrote:Martin Broughton said a few weeks ago there will be money to spend in the summer so thats all we have to go on for now.

So there will be money to renew contracts then at least....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Mon May 03, 2010 7:46 pm

Rafa won't fall for that one again. :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Mon May 03, 2010 7:49 pm

Don't think Rafa has much say now where the "transfer budget" goes.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon May 03, 2010 8:18 pm

Penguins wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Martin Broughton said a few weeks ago there will be money to spend in the summer so thats all we have to go on for now.

So there will be money to renew contracts then at least....

Put the razor blades down fella. We bought players for a total of 38 million quid last Summer AS WELL AS RENEWING THE CONTRACTS. No need to get all depressed, I'm sure we'll buy a few players this time as well, regardless of who is the manager.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Mon May 03, 2010 8:45 pm

wasn't part of the package deal that brought Broughton (lol) in that their would be a 60million transfer kitty?  of course it raises the debt.  But there will be money.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion