PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:00 pm

Stu the Red » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:16 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:29 pm wrote:
ethanr » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:42 pm wrote:Oscar isn't the only one ahead of him for Brazil.

Let's not get carried away now… Whenever we've had poor results like the draws against villa and WBA, many people were talking about dropping Coutinho for Allen to bring stability. If he's as good as many are claiming, that would never be in any conversation. He's a good player with a great eye, but his shooting is pretty awful, and he has games where he's completely anonymous. He's young tho, so I'm not worried at all. I think in the next couple seasons he will be one of the better creative midfielders in Europe, but right now he's still finding himself.

There hasn't been a player born who's form doesn't fluctuate, and even in his poor games he'll still make at least one decisive pass. If Brazil don't want to pick him more fool them.
People were talking about dropping him because we only had 2 midfielders and thought we needed a third, it wasn't that coutinho was playing particularly poorly it's just that sterling is playing phenomenally well.
Coutinho has taken apart two very good sides this month (Everton and Arsenal), not bad for an anonymous player with awful shooting......
If he'd taken apart Villa and West Brom and was quiet against Everton and Arsenal people would be saying he doesn't do it in the big games.
As I said this club turned around the moment this lad and Daniel Sturridge walked through the door and where ever we finish this season fans should just stop and take a minute to appreciate just what they are watching, this front 4 of ours will be remembered in years to come alongside the likes of Barnes, Beardsley and Aldridge if for nothing else just sheer entertainment value.

I'd be more inclined to side with Ethan on this to be honest. Coutinho is a massive talent and a player I personally believe to be quality. But there is a reason he doesn't get in the Brazil side... Oscar and Neymar are better players. Coutinho is a little unlucky in that respect as he'd get into most other national teams however.

With regards to your point about him taking apart Everton and Arsenal. Its fair enough, however people have a valid point when saying he lacks composure infront of goal and hasn't got a decent strike.

He is an excellent player, but again I think some people are starting to over hype another one of own who hasn't been producing his absolute best in the majority of games.

I certainly don't think oscar is better than coutinho and I haven't seen enough of Neymar to comment.
What I have seen of him though he seems to go to ground very, very easily, not sure he'd suit this league.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:03 am

Oscar scores more goals, is bigger, quicker, stronger and more consistent.

Mourinho seems too believe he's a better player than Mata too (which I happen to agree with).

If you're suggesting Coutinho's a much better player then you're extremely deluded. At very best, Coutinho is equal too or slightly different to Oscar. For most people's money he's not as good.

Oscar is a fantastic player. Mind you, I can see why you don't rate him... he doesn't play for Liverpool!  :Oo:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:59 am

Stu the Red » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:03 pm wrote:Oscar scores more goals, is bigger, quicker, stronger and more consistent.

Mourinho seems too believe he's a better player than Mata too (which I happen to agree with).

If you're suggesting Coutinho's a much better player then you're extremely deluded. At very best, Coutinho is equal too or slightly different to Oscar. For most people's money he's not as good.

Oscar is a fantastic player. Mind you, I can see why you don't rate him... he doesn't play for Liverpool!  :Oo:

There's Chelsea fans all over talk sport tonight saying oscar has been shyte for ages, he seems to be the one getting the blame for tonight's performance  :laugh:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:11 am

Weren't some sections of Liverpool fans suggesting if we played Gerrard, Henderson and Coutinho against Arsenal we'd struggle or get battered? Also were there not fans saying Coutinho hasn't been at his best most of the season for Liverpool? Or were there not fans saying he should be dropped for Allen?

Were these also the same Chelsea fans who don't believe Sturridge was good enough yet you W*nk over him?

And then there's the current storm surrounding Ozil's form... I guess that makes Ozil sh*t too does it?

???

I fail to see your point to be honest.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:17 am

Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:11 am wrote:Weren't some sections of Liverpool fans suggesting if we played Gerrard, Henderson and Coutinho against Arsenal we'd struggle or get battered? Also were there not fans saying Coutinho hasn't been at his best most of the season for Liverpool? Or were there not fans saying he should be dropped for Allen?

Were these also the same Chelsea fans who don't believe Sturridge was good enough yet you W*nk over him?

And then there's the current storm surrounding Ozil's form... I guess that makes Ozil sh*t too does it?

???

You can keep your hero's Oscar and Ozil, I'm just happy we've got coutinho
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:04 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:17 am wrote:
Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:11 am wrote:Weren't some sections of Liverpool fans suggesting if we played Gerrard, Henderson and Coutinho against Arsenal we'd struggle or get battered? Also were there not fans saying Coutinho hasn't been at his best most of the season for Liverpool? Or were there not fans saying he should be dropped for Allen?

???

And if you actually read pretty much every post I've ever made on him you'd see I'm also more than happy with the lad.

I just don't agree with making out players are better than they actually are!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:33 am

Stu the Red » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:03 pm wrote:Oscar scores more goals, is bigger, quicker, stronger and more consistent.

Oscar's form has dropped dramatically lately so I wouldn't say he's more consistant. Would I like Oscar at Liverpool, yes, but not at the expense of Coutinho who's strengths I reckon suits our system better at present
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:58 am

Always then same when Stu is involved. I can understand comparative players being discussed and held up against our own Brazilian maestro. But this seems a case (once more) of almost idolising rival and not-so-rival players in order to highlight our own players weaknesses. This talk oh who's better is as productive as asking which ones dad would win in a fight.

Oscars a good player. No doubt about that. He plays for Chelsea though. Coutinho is good too and he plays for us. Both are young and will learn different things, in different places, from different people. They may challenge for the same spot internationally, but they will be compared for their different qualities and weaknesses and current situation.

Some people learned about football from Champ Man and it shows. Managers don't really look at loads of ratings of 1-20 and day "well, he's clearly better because all those numbers add up to more than the other guys". A team of professional experts do indepth research of every part of a players life. For signings in the £25m and over range, or international teams, even the family tree is studied. It's rediculous to believe this all comes down to "who's better".

Couthino has masses of potential which is good, because Brazil are a pretty fine footballing nation, and to get into the squad will be tough.

I have every faith he will play for Brazil soon, even if Neymar IS around.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Santa » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:02 am

Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:04 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:17 am wrote:

???

And if you actually read pretty much every post I've ever made on him you'd see I'm also more than happy with the lad.

I just don't agree with making out players are better than they actually are!

and if someone else think that he is better player than XYZ, just let it be....it's opinion afterall. Or is there another reason for you to go on and on and push your own view/opinion down everyone's throat?   ???
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:07 am

In fairness to West Brom they made Oscar and Hazard look very average last night. Even Chelsea's goal had a very high element of luck with Luiz's opportunist back flick which could have gone anywhere.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:08 pm

Boocity » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:33 am wrote:

Oscar's form has dropped dramatically lately so I wouldn't say he's more consistant. Would I like Oscar at Liverpool, yes, but not at the expense of Coutinho who's strengths I reckon suits our system better at present

I agree Pip suits our system slightly better and I'd say he probably works slightly harder too. My point is though most fans on this board rate our players a lot higher than they rate anyone else's simply because they play for us.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:30 pm

RedAnt » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:58 am wrote:Some people learned about football from Champ Man and it shows. Managers don't really look at loads of ratings of 1-20 and day "well, he's clearly better because all those numbers add up to more than the other guys". A team of professional experts do indepth research of every part of a players life. For signings in the £25m and over range, or international teams, even the family tree is studied. It's rediculous to believe this all comes down to "who's better".

I'll tell you now lad, everything I've learnt has come from experience, hard work, professional's (both players and coaches), being involved and a massive amount of questions. I've learnt a hell of a lot from people like John Filan, Joey Barton, Ryan Taylor, John Fletcher, Frank McParland, Carl Baker, Ged Murphy, Paul Lodge, Stephen Evans, Neil Sang, Harry Warburton also, as well as listening and taking in what professional managers and coaches say along the way. I can absolutely assure you... I'd don't base my opinions on a computer game.

If you don't believe that a manager looks at a players level of ability and looks at how good they are at all aspects of the game as well as the things you mentioned then you're quite simply talking complete and utter rubbish.

Also, just to add to your point, the Idea for the original Championship Manager came from a scouting database Barcelona had in the early ninties listing every player in world professional football and every player in Spanish semi professional football. They all had attribute ratings.

One final point, when you're involved with the game you see it completely differently. When you come up against players with international caps and realise you are at least good enough to compete with some of them you realise that most of them are only human. You begin to realise how small the gaps are between some mid table premier league players and conference players. You begin to realise how good the top players are when they embarrass other premier league players.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:26 pm

Stu, I've been involved in the game. Could give you my full CV I felt inclined. But it's no ones buisness but my own. You on the other hand feel the need to express yourself as some enigmatic oracle of the game. Often you speak sense. Often you don't. Your opinions are yours and that's fine. I have often agreed on your opinion.

What I can't understand is your motivations. At first, like we all do, you step off topic in order to make a wider viewing point. Most posters will say why they've wandered from the topic and will eventually cycle around back to it. But you take a step away, then another, and another, others respond to you on these matters, and we end up talking about Chelsea players and Brazil players, and who's better, and how we should have that guy instead of the one the thread is about.

I mention Champ Man, and you think my whole point is about it, going on to tell us what part it plays in the real game. Well most of us already know. Heck, Harry Redknapp based his entire Hammers squad on CM scouting.

What I'm trying to understand is why you focus on so much pointless stuff? It's typical of the Internet age. We can discuss so much more in so many ways with all the data we need at the tips of our fingers.

Just...why? Who gives a fook about Oscar, or Chelski, or Brazil?

Coutinho is brazillian. So's Oscar. On Footie Manager the AI would likely pick Oscar over PC every time. It's programmed that way. It's all maths and probabilities. In the real world it's different. Oscar might have a bad case of the squirts and deemed too risky to national pride to run out in front of the world. So they might give PC a go instead. Stranger things have happened in the crazy game.

All that aside, I'd rather be Liverpool, with PC, currently fourth and hopefully climbing, than be Chelsea, and Oscar.

The world has gone mad with political correctness. I hate Chelski. F*cking hate them with their twattish manager and lets not forget Torres. I hate Oscar too cos he's one of 'em.

Simple really. PC is a Liverpool player and is by default awesome to da max. The other guys a chavvy w*nker and is cr*p by default. Dun' care how good a footballer he is. It's nothing to do with us.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:37 pm

Guys...calm down. All I asked a page or two ago was whether Coutinho is in the Brazil team or not. :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby babu » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:49 pm

:laugh:
RedAnt » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:26 pm wrote:Stu, I've been involved in the game. Could give you my full CV I felt inclined. But it's no ones buisness but my own. You on the other hand feel the need to express yourself as some enigmatic oracle of the game. Often you speak sense. Often you don't. Your opinions are yours and that's fine. I have often agreed on your opinion.

What I can't understand is your motivations. At first, like we all do, you step off topic in order to make a wider viewing point. Most posters will say why they've wandered from the topic and will eventually cycle around back to it. But you take a step away, then another, and another, others respond to you on these matters, and we end up talking about Chelsea players and Brazil players, and who's better, and how we should have that guy instead of the one the thread is about.

I mention Champ Man, and you think my whole point is about it, going on to tell us what part it plays in the real game. Well most of us already know. Heck, Harry Redknapp based his entire Hammers squad on CM scouting.

What I'm trying to understand is why you focus on so much pointless stuff? It's typical of the Internet age. We can discuss so much more in so many ways with all the data we need at the tips of our fingers.

Just...why? Who gives a fook about Oscar, or Chelski, or Brazil?

Coutinho is brazillian. So's Oscar. On Footie Manager the AI would likely pick Oscar over PC every time. It's programmed that way. It's all maths and probabilities. In the real world it's different. Oscar might have a bad case of the squirts and deemed too risky to national pride to run out in front of the world. So they might give PC a go instead. Stranger things have happened in the crazy game.

All that aside, I'd rather be Liverpool, with PC, currently fourth and hopefully climbing, than be Chelsea, and Oscar.

The world has gone mad with political correctness. I hate Chelski. F*cking hate them with their twattish manager and lets not forget Torres. I hate Oscar too cos he's one of 'em.

Simple really. PC is a Liverpool player and is by default awesome to da max. The other guys a chavvy w*nker and is cr*p by default. Dun' care how good a footballer he is. It's nothing to do with us.

Good post.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion